Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:33:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The next Black Swan  (Read 368 times)
Elorpar (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:49:25 PM

First came Bitcoin (PoW)... then Ethereum (Smart Contracts)... Iota was the next (DAG) and now has arrived Raiblocks (DAG + DPoS)

SO WHICH WILL BE THE NEXT BLACK SWAN, LADIES AND GENTLEMANS? MAKE YOUR BETS PLEASE

I bet for TEZOS (DPoS + Formal Verification + Self Governance)

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1576620
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:25:15 PM

Semux  Wink
TerrorFromTheDeep

Activity: 324
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:31:03 PM

ha. nobody know. I think that next cryptobomb still not announced, because bitcoin, ethereum, monero, ripple etc - all of them have many problems and non ideal. Also I believe that net generation of crypto will be more userfriendly for wide range of people.
prabhu3361

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:01:58 PM

Yet to invent.. Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:04:58 PM

Semux  Wink

I vote for Semux also.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:06:32 PM

Semux  Wink
Semux? I've never heard about it, what is so special on this project? Anyway, the next game changer coin is Aidos Kuneen. Their plan in offshore banking is completely different in comparison with 99% worthless coins which we can see now. Only coin with real life usage, much more than Bitcoin or whatsover else. so If i should bet which coin will be number one I dare to say ADK will reign in this crypto world and moreover not just crypto world
kamiyama

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:07:54 PM

semux
I was just thinking of the same thing .I'm all for that.
RobertSnow

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:09:50 PM

You're all into Semux, care to explain why?
Black_bl

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:22:38 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 12:10:59 AM by Black_bl

It seems like guys just post a possitive comment due to bounty signature campaign Smiley we'll see if guys give us reasons, why the hell Semux, why not ArcBlock. Tell me one reason in what is better Semux than ArcBlock Smiley Unfortunaly many people in bitcontalk just write off topic and nonsense because of they are part bounties. Until Theymos doesn't set new rules with purpose to eliminate that, the situation will be the same
HodlerBaggins

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:50:47 AM

Semux has anonymous devs...
Black_bl

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:27:14 PM

Semux has anonymous devs...
I don't think that anonymous devs is the bigest problem. If you as dev has what offers. You can have great technology and awesome code and be anonymous. In these days a lot of devs steal identities and we hardly figure out where is the truth
monsanto
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:01:03 PM

It seems like guys just post a possitive comment due to bounty signature campaign Smiley we'll see if guys give us reasons, why the hell Semux, why not ArcBlock. Tell me one reason in what is better Semux than ArcBlock Smiley Unfortunaly many people in bitcontalk just write off topic and nonsense because of they are part bounties. Until Theymos doesn't set new rules with purpose to eliminate that, the situation will be the same

Actually, this thread shouldn't be in the announcement section, which is the reason I replied the way I did. But that's pretty funny that you're complaining about "off topic" "nonsense" posts when your above post is off-topic, and your other post in this thread is nonsense:

the next game changer coin is Aidos Kuneen. Their plan in offshore banking is completely different in comparison with 99% worthless coins which we can see now. Only coin with real life usage, much more than Bitcoin or whatsover else. so If i should bet which coin will be number one I dare to say ADK will reign in this crypto world and moreover not just crypto world

This, in pure irony, is a perfect example of a shitpost. The very thing you are complaining about  Roll Eyes And all I said was semux could be a black swan, in that it would have an unexpected large impact. OP didn't ask for, or give, explanations (and there was no bounty for posting "possitive comment" about semux). I think semux is interesting because it has a unique delegated BFT protocol that will select validators in a way that leads to high tps performance, and some competent devs implementing it. It could have unexpected impact because it's pushing the througput envelope of traditional blockchains while trying to balance decentralization with only 100 vote selected validators. Could it fail? Of course. And, of course I would never say that it will "reign in this crypto world" or it's the "Only coin with real life usage, much more than Bitcoin"... your statements are a good example of ridiculous shilling and why we need the new rules.
Black_bl

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:21:34 PM

Actually, this thread shouldn't be in the announcement section, which is the reason I replied the way I did. But that's pretty funny that you're complaining about "off topic" "nonsense" posts when your above post is off-topic, and your other post in this thread is nonsense:

the next game changer coin is Aidos Kuneen. Their plan in offshore banking is completely different in comparison with 99% worthless coins which we can see now. Only coin with real life usage, much more than Bitcoin or whatsover else. so If i should bet which coin will be number one I dare to say ADK will reign in this crypto world and moreover not just crypto world

This, in pure irony, is a perfect example of a shitpost. The very thing you are complaining about  Roll Eyes And all I said was semux could be a black swan, in that it would have an unexpected large impact. OP didn't ask for, or give, explanations (and there was no bounty for posting "possitive comment" about semux). I think semux is interesting because it has a unique delegated BFT protocol that will select validators in a way that leads to high tps performance, and some competent devs implementing it. It could have unexpected impact because it's pushing the througput envelope of traditional blockchains while trying to balance decentralization with only 100 vote selected validators. Could it fail? Of course. And, of course I would never say that it will "reign in this crypto world" or it's the "Only coin with real life usage, much more than Bitcoin"... your statements are a good example of ridiculous shilling and why we need the new rules.
Well, well, well mister. This thread is about next interesting coin. I criticized your one word answer! Moreover I provided a few things why Aidos Kuneen will be number one. I can give a few details if you are interested to know why. Your addition answer is okay, you tell me more about Semux and there's not a problem. The reason, why I used strong claim about AK is because that's true. You marked this like "ridiculous shilling", hmmm can  I ask you what do you know about AK? It's pretty easy talk about promises (99% coins), but the truth is cover under facts so please stick facts and we can talk further.
PENSCoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:33:16 PM

Maybe Semux is good, but to install a wallet on a computer with a Windows 10 I had to spend some time. I do not think that it is easy to use for ordinary people or the developer will simplify the use of the wallet.
monsanto
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:34:12 PM

Well, well, well mister. This thread is about next interesting coin. I criticized your one word answer! Moreover I provided a few things why Aidos Kuneen will be number one. I can give a few details if you are interested to know why. Your addition answer is okay, you tell me more about Semux and there's not a problem. The reason, why I used strong claim about AK is because that's true. You marked this like "ridiculous shilling", hmmm can  I ask you what do you know about AK? It's pretty easy talk about promises (99% coins), but the truth is cover under facts so please stick facts and we can talk further.

Different people have different definitions for a black swan, but I think the creator of the term, Nassim Taleb, had three requirements: 1) a very unexpected outlier event, 2) big impact, 3) it will be seen as somewhat predictable, but only in hindsight. So, by definition, to most people it will be surprising... well it sounds like my suggestion would surprise you  Cheesy

Seriously though, I don't know anything about Aidos Kuneen. The only information you provided was it's a different kind of offshore banking? what is different about it? But I'd rather hear about arcblock that you said would take over bitcoin. This thread discusses it might be a scam:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767226.0

I'm not saying it's a scam but I'm still trying to understand what exactly arcblock will do, so can you give specific reasons arcblock will have "much more" "real life usage" than all other crypto? It looks like from what I read it isn't an open source project.
monsanto
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:41:45 PM

Maybe Semux is good, but to install a wallet on a computer with a Windows 10 I had to spend some time. I do not think that it is easy to use for ordinary people or the developer will simplify the use of the wallet.

I haven't heard of too many problems like that. One of the advantages of the wallet is it's lightweight javascript. The delegate/validator voting system takes a little while to figure out though since it's different from what most people have seen or used before in a wallet. I think they are working on better documentation.
Konos

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:04:35 PM

Havent heard of Semux so far. How do you feel about their 15% premine (5% direct fund, 10% for "development")?

Edit: At the moment, the anonymous developers are holding 60% of all coins. In 2021, they will still have 50% of all coins...
Black_bl

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:41:02 PM

Well, well, well mister. This thread is about next interesting coin. I criticized your one word answer! Moreover I provided a few things why Aidos Kuneen will be number one. I can give a few details if you are interested to know why. Your addition answer is okay, you tell me more about Semux and there's not a problem. The reason, why I used strong claim about AK is because that's true. You marked this like "ridiculous shilling", hmmm can  I ask you what do you know about AK? It's pretty easy talk about promises (99% coins), but the truth is cover under facts so please stick facts and we can talk further.

Different people have different definitions for a black swan, but I think the creator of the term, Nassim Taleb, had three requirements: 1) a very unexpected outlier event, 2) big impact, 3) it will be seen as somewhat predictable, but only in hindsight. So, by definition, to most people it will be surprising... well it sounds like my suggestion would surprise you  Cheesy

Seriously though, I don't know anything about Aidos Kuneen. The only information you provided was it's a different kind of offshore banking? what is different about it? But I'd rather hear about arcblock that you said would take over bitcoin. This thread discusses it might be a scam:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767226.0

I'm not saying it's a scam but I'm still trying to understand what exactly arcblock will do, so can you give specific reasons arcblock will have "much more" "real life usage" than all other crypto? It looks like from what I read it isn't an open source project.
It was misunderstanding, I didn't speak about ArcBlock, I talked about Aidos Kuneen as a game changer. Offshore banking is real market with huge capital in. People can't cash out their wealth from cryptoworld (I mean bigger amount than a few thousands dollars). Nowadays, we can observe restrictions from banks, debit/credit cards provider, this trend will be continue. AK is different because as only one coin owns shares in real banks (not crypto bank, not hybrid bank). Those real banks have licenses of central banks, they are legit and they can operate. What kind of coin do you can buy directly for fiat money? Even bitcoin you can't buy directly via banks for fiat money and have to use 3rd party (exchanges). DAG technology provides AK a very good technology base with anonymous and fee-less transactions. When hack of CryptoDAO happened, founder of AK paid investors from his own pocket. Before AK started to sell their coins, they have function wallet and network, not like 99% coins in these days. If you want to use banks with AK, you have to pay for service in ADK (currency of AK). Why people who don't care about cryptoworld will use AK instead of offshore banks which they used now? Because AK provides them advantages that I mentioned above. This business plan is completely different than any coin and this plan has real names, money, network and proofs therefore I think that AK will be number one
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: