Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:12:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE Place to Shop w/ Bitcoin: BitCoinWorldMarket.com  (Read 9050 times)
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:33:03 PM

It doesn't matter how many unused webstores you erect on the internet with wickedly overpriced goods if no one transacts on those sites.  This is like that thread where the guy is claiming that the bitcoin economy is doing awesome because the filesize of the page that lists bitcoin "merchants" is expanding.  Nevermind the fact that the majority of those links are broken, no longer accept bitcoin, or have never done a single transaction in bitcoins.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:33:15 PM

Gah. I managed to accidentally slice the last paragraph off my last post as I was posting. :/

I do want to add, I give these people serious credit for actually making what is, to my knowledge, the first place where I can actually buy dog food and kitchen appliances with my bitcoins. And I've already added them to my long-term bookmarks bar. I'll be peeking from time to time to see if they end up having stuff I want at prices I'm happier with -- and it wouldn't be the first time I've seen a business start out one way, then evolve. Especially because they may be first but probably won't be the last, and competition is good for everyone.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:37:25 PM

Ok, I thought you were comparing it to the local Wal-Mart or similar. In that case it may indeed be over the top, but did you also compare it to the price of these products on for example Amazon? From what I have seen so far, it seems Amazon is charging through the roof for things, and he doesn't have *that* much markup (which basically means he should probably be looking for a different supplier).

I didn't bother, because honestly it's not that relevant. Smiley I posted a few items I looked at that I'd actually be likely to consider ordering online with bitcoins if I could -- and what the competition is, for my situation. (I can't drive because of a vision defect, so I can't always get to the store with the lowest prices. I can only get to Wal-Mart instead of the pet store, for example, if whoever I'm tagging along with when they go shopping is going north on the interstate, instead of south.)

It does at least tell them what the actual result of their suppliers' prices is: that they're charging more than double what I can easily find at retail.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
ShaggyB (BitCoinWorldMarket)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 07:02:30 PM

Gah. I managed to accidentally slice the last paragraph off my last post as I was posting. :/

I do want to add, I give these people serious credit for actually making what is, to my knowledge, the first place where I can actually buy dog food and kitchen appliances with my bitcoins. And I've already added them to my long-term bookmarks bar. I'll be peeking from time to time to see if they end up having stuff I want at prices I'm happier with -- and it wouldn't be the first time I've seen a business start out one way, then evolve. Especially because they may be first but probably won't be the last, and competition is good for everyone.

We appreciate your feedback and I am pleased to hear that you will be peeking in from time to time. I'm sure you can understand that the first few steps of a new business can be a bit shaky. We are working hard to roll out new features (like international shipping) and are always looking for a way to lower our costs where we can.

Please keep the feedback coming everyone!

Jonathan
joepie91

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 07:04:44 PM

It doesn't matter how many unused webstores you erect on the internet with wickedly overpriced goods if no one transacts on those sites.  This is like that thread where the guy is claiming that the bitcoin economy is doing awesome because the filesize of the page that lists bitcoin "merchants" is expanding.  Nevermind the fact that the majority of those links are broken, no longer accept bitcoin, or have never done a single transaction in bitcoins.
Ok. I'll bite. Again.

What have you done for Bitcoin?

Like my post(s)? 12TSXLa5Tu6ag4PNYCwKKSiZsaSCpAjzpu Smiley
Quote from: hawks5999
I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 07:13:39 PM

I understand the need for Terms and Conditions on most sites, but adding the phrase "and I adhere to them unconditionally" just seems likely to alienate most bitcoiners (and other consumers, for that matter).

Still around.
awozny

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 07:14:20 PM

Excellent site..Great work.
BitQuestr (BitCoinWorldMarket) (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 07:33:21 PM

Thanks everyone for the feedback and we are excited that you are browsing our catalog of products and finding things you are interested in.

The fact is yes, our prices are going to be higher than amazon, higher than walmart, and even a bit higher than your local grocery store. We are not a deep discount store. We are more like a Whole Foods, better quality products that are unique and available at a premium. I can guarantee our markup is lower than anyone is calculating.  Most retailers have markups of 50%-200% if they buy and stock their items from a wholesaler and our markup is a fraction of that.

Most importantly the biggest difference is you are comparing our prices with the ENTIRE internet and retail economy of US goods and services. Yet almost none of those businesses accept bitcoin. You will always find a better deal if you shop around enough, but traditional online  and b&m retailers don't accept bitcoin. As a consumer you have to realize that a Big Box retailer, online or otherwise can offer deep discounts because they buy hundreds or thousands of an item. That creates a significant price break. We do not have access to those same price breaks.

We are just beginning this venture and we are working very hard to source quality products and offer them for Bitcoin. We will constantly be seeking to find better prices and be more competitive. Our first suppliers are just the beginning. Some items will be about even with what you pay in USD for the same item locally, some items may be priced far too high. Rate these items down as being too expensive, we want this feedback so we can remove them from our store.

We will be adding thousands of new products every week, many not available anywhere else. We hope you continue to check back with us. Purchase products you feel are fairly priced, and if you prefer to stick with spending your dollars for these items over bitcoin there are many other stores online you can spend your dollars at. But we hope you will choose to support the bitcoin economy and vote with your bitcoins on what products and services you want more of.

Thank you for the feedback on the SD Cards, I've removed the 8gb and above cards.

For many of our organic items please be aware many of them are sold in bulk by the case. We are working to sell individual items where ever we can but some of the price differences you may notice are due to the item being list as CASE PRICE. I will work on making this more clear in the product descriptions.

We sincerely thank you for all of your feedback and support!

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 07:37:06 PM

Edd,

Thanks for pointing that out, that does sound a bit ridiculous. I have changed it to : "I agree to the terms and conditions"
BitcoinBabe

Activity: 84

Side-stepping the matrix | Bit by bit

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 07:51:21 PM

give this guy a break. It's a free market. Merchants are free to charge whatever they want. If his stuff is too expensive, he will soon realize that no one is buying. Either he'll drop his price to be something more realistic or he'll move on, thats how the market works.

I'm sure 99% of bitcoin owners right now are the type of people who can easily compare prices between several websites to see what they are buying is too expensive or not.

+1

jack102938

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 07:59:25 PM

give this guy a break. It's a free market. Merchants are free to charge whatever they want. If his stuff is too expensive, he will soon realize that no one is buying. Either he'll drop his price to be something more realistic or he'll move on, thats how the market works.

I'm sure 99% of bitcoin owners right now are the type of people who can easily compare prices between several websites to see what they are buying is too expensive or not.

+2
LHutz

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 08:18:03 PM

This is impressive. I was so exited about being able to get any of those items for btc until I realized that only US-Shipping was available Sad

Hopefully you'll get international shipping soon. And, if possible, with low costs, or perhaps the possibility to choose between high fees and faster shipping providers or lower fees with slower shipping providers.

Regarding the price difference, it makes sense for me. I actually think that the prices are quite fair for taking the risk to create an only-btc market and setting fixed prices on a extremely volatile economy.

So congratulations, thank you, and good luck.
Ryland R. Taylor-Almanza
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 08:45:09 PM

Almond Butter? Delicious almond butter for bitcoins? I've been waiting my whole life for this!

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄      
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █  
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 09:15:44 PM

16gb micro SD card...$81 + tax + shipping.

That's 400-500% of the price at Newegg.  

And yet you people think it's an incredible service to your community.  Are there none of you who are willing to offer a product or service that isn't completing ripping your fellow bitcoiners off?

"Are there none of you who are willing to offer a product or service that isn't completing ripping your fellow bitcoiners off?"

I am! Even though most my posts read as brain farts (my way of taking a break), I'm in the process of developing a website that does just that--offering products and services significantly reduced when purchased with Bitcoin.

His site is sleek compared to this http://www.gngbaby.com/default.aspx powered by nopCommerce http://www.nopcommerce.com/default.aspx

Edit: Still on break and reading the rest of this tread. In re sale taxes, I'll solved that issued with my approach.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 09:33:40 PM

We appreciate your feedback and I am pleased to hear that you will be peeking in from time to time. I'm sure you can understand that the first few steps of a new business can be a bit shaky. We are working hard to roll out new features (like international shipping) and are always looking for a way to lower our costs where we can.

Please keep the feedback coming everyone!

Jonathan

Class act, Shaggy. I like that.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 10:23:53 PM

Actually to be honest our cost is $59.00  for that 16Gb Card

When was the last time a merchant told you their cost? We are not looking to rip anyone off. Please take your Trolling elsewhere.

Don't sweat it, Jalum is a recognized troll here. Good responses, though.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 05:43:44 AM

We recently were reviewing our prices and found an error in our site that was actually using the manufacturer's recommended retail pricing rather than our standard preferred markup which is lower. We have since corrected the pricing on our site and we encourage you to check through our catalog again!

Thanks everyone for the fantastic feedback and the orders! All orders that were placed with the higher pricing will be receiving an email notice concerning the price change and a refund of the overcharged bitcoin!

We really appreciate all of the response and feedback!
bracek

Activity: 530

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 04:07:01 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2011, 11:14:26 PM by bracek

I am getting SICK and TIRED of people posting that the products in the store are marked up! Next time, somebody better post a link where they can find the item at a cheaper cost.

And pay attention to see if the BitcoinWorldMarket merchandise comes in bulk, because I looked and some of it does.

I want u to be healthy and not "SICK and TIRED", so, here u go :

http://www.amazon.com/Nutiva-Hemp-Protein-Organic-powder/dp/B0001BYL62/ref=as_li_wdgt_fl_ex?&camp=212361&creative=383961&linkCode=waf&tag=hemp06f-20

8.91 usd,  u all right now ?

single pack, price before checkout 8.91  usd vs 1.38 btc, take a pick and stay healthy  
Jalum

Activity: 774

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 04:25:58 PM

We recently were reviewing our prices and found an error in our site that was actually using the manufacturer's recommended retail pricing rather than our standard preferred markup which is lower. We have since corrected the pricing on our site and we encourage you to check through our catalog again!

Thanks everyone for the fantastic feedback and the orders! All orders that were placed with the higher pricing will be receiving an email notice concerning the price change and a refund of the overcharged bitcoin!

We really appreciate all of the response and feedback!

Wait...wait...wait.

So you added items to your "inventory", then you published them for sale.  When myself and others called you out for pricegouging, you claimed it was because your suppliers were charging you too much.  But now it's because you didn't click the right checkbox when setting up your webstore?

The circus...it never ends.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
im3w1l

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 04:32:22 PM

A currency is not a currency until you can buy your groceries with it. And now we can! Thanks a lot man
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: