Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:53:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH VS BTC  (Read 615 times)
mendis (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:38:12 AM

Will BTC be replaced from ETH in future? Because as of current crypto market, demand for the ETH is higher than BTC due to various kind of ICO projects.
Ctstrphy

Activity: 144
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:57:54 AM

With use? No. BTC and ETH have different applications. I won't see how Ether would replace BTC technically.
Market cap? Possible. ICOs have been one factor in Ethereum's growth. With more and more ICOs coming and with BTC's technolocigal advancement slowing down, we could see it happen.
inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:15:12 AM

I think btc will win if this will happen but we are capable as humans to compare one thing to another that is why there is this question, but for me the answer is btc will always win.
howlong3098

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:23:58 AM

I think many people still prefer Ethereum, because it grows faster and only ranks second after bitcoin, with bitcoin of high transaction costs and high current prices so I see them going down.
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:28:01 AM

Will BTC be replaced from ETH in future? Because as of current crypto market, demand for the ETH is higher than BTC due to various kind of ICO projects.

Both are different in application and there is no possibility of Eth to replace btc in near future. However price wise you can't predict anything in the crypto world.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:29:49 AM

It will not be replaced since the applications of bitcoins is almost limitless. They will still both develop with synchronization to grow the world of cryprocurrency. Also, bitcoin as of today is still very popular so it still proves itself as a good digital money.
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:54:16 AM

Honestly I really like both, however, from a general point of view, Bitcoin and Ethereum differ in purpose.

While Bitcoin is created as an alternative to regular money and is thus a medium of payment transaction and store of value, Ethereum is developed as a platform which facilitates peer-to-peer contracts and applications via its own currency vehicle.

While Bitcoin and Ether are both digital currencies, the primary purpose of Ether is not to establish itself as a payment alternative (unlike Bitcoin) but to facilitate and monetize the working of Ethereum to enable developers to build and run distributed applications (ĐApps).

Read more here. https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/031416/bitcoin-vs-ethereum-driven-different-purposes.asp

jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 530

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:08:58 AM

I think most people that missed out on BTC mega rally are now into Ethereum hoping to see thesame rally like that of BTC, but the main issue with BTC is the transaction fee which must be looked into very fast, let's see what Lighing network has to offer in coming month

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:15:28 AM

I prefer bitcoin because I think bitcoin is more popular and also bitcoin has many nice features and one of them is bitcoin has the features of security.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:17:27 AM

maybe, but we'll never know before it actually happens. there are many opportunities for other altcoins to compete with bitcoin. but anyway, bitcoin still remains the king of all the crypto that exists.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:18:45 AM

At the moment both are tanking because of all the FUD, clockchain congestion and S Koreans saying they are going to ban crypto trading in their country, so for now they are both in the red. Maybe it is better to buy up some coins that really tanked hard so they will rebound and earn you bigger profits. Bitcoin is steadily going in decline now and if the 12k Support line breaks, we will see Bitcoin going into single digits again. Ethereum had a big rise lately so maybe still usable for some ICOS.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
UnusualMouse

Activity: 99

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:19:47 AM

No, I don't think its possible. The bitcoin will and should still remain as the king of them all. Bitcoin is a very important piece of keeping the cryptocurrency stable and popular.
Zykexia

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 06:23:51 AM

For me I will choose Ethereum over bitcoin it takes more years to surpass bitcoin.
brokens

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:28:07 AM

bitcoin is the currency of cryptocurrency who very promising and we can see the price bitcoin in this years more increase from the previous year.
of course bitcoin wins in every way ie the price is much higher than Ethereum. bitcoin will always be the best in the crypto world.
although many types of ICO are paying through ETH, but Bitcoin keep winning from ethreum.
khungcuaso11

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:34:54 AM

Bitcoin has been accepted widely as an intermediary currency for other cryptocurencies,
while ethereum to be used for smart contract.
I think these two coins will continue to be used in parallel and support each other.
01asd

Activity: 238
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:42:46 AM

Bitcoin is the currency of cryptocurrency who very promising and we can see the price bitcoin in this years more increase from the previous year. Of course bitcoin wins in every way ie the price is much higher than Ethereum. bitcoin will always be the best in the crypto world. Although many types of ICO are paying through ETH, but Bitcoin keep winning from ethreum.
Maybe I'll tell from some aspects and point of view. The development of Bitcoin prices is definitely better and far more powerful than Ethereum. And the price is so amazing, therefore if you have a lot of capital you should invest into Bitcoin because it is definitely profitable. But at this time Ethereum have an important role because Bitcoin fee is now very large and it makes it difficult for people to transactions. People will choose Ethereum for small amounts of transactions, so I say above to use big capital if you want to invest in Bitcoin. For those who have a small capital may be able to try Ethereum.
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:46:18 AM

For me eth will have a very big chance to double and triple its value in a short span of time but will never be able to beat bitcoin.. but everything is possible in the near future.
GoodTrout55

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:47:38 AM

Bitcoin is the currency of cryptocurrency who very promising and we can see the price bitcoin in this years more increase from the previous year. Of course bitcoin wins in every way ie the price is much higher than Ethereum. bitcoin will always be the best in the crypto world. Although many types of ICO are paying through ETH, but Bitcoin keep winning from ethreum.
Maybe I'll tell from some aspects and point of view. The development of Bitcoin prices is definitely better and far more powerful than Ethereum. And the price is so amazing, therefore if you have a lot of capital you should invest into Bitcoin because it is definitely profitable. But at this time Ethereum have an important role because Bitcoin fee is now very large and it makes it difficult for people to transactions. People will choose Ethereum for small amounts of transactions, so I say above to use big capital if you want to invest in Bitcoin. For those who have a small capital may be able to try Ethereum.

I think you cannot compare them both. The two is very important in the cryptomarket Bitcoin serves as the pillar which investors rely on, while ETH stands beside to give easier transactions to the investor.
btcmayumana

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:49:24 AM

I think this year 2018 is the year of ETH, with many ico's projects, causing the market demand for eth keep increasing. Of the many projects that are not successful and successful entry into the market, so people now tend to invest in the project and gamble get a big profit or loss if the project fails or scam.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:50:41 AM

Bitcoin is bitcoin it is different from altcoins and ethereum is an altcoin, its impossible that ethereum can overtake altcoin that's not really happen.
The fluctuation of bitcoin now is being natural of cryptocurrency because of being volatility bitcoin moves up and down price.
There are so many reason why bitcoin now dump in price and ethereum rising up, some ICO's project are accepting ethereum in investment that's the reason now why ethereum pump up but in the end bitcoin will win.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: