Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:29:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - THE BLOCKCHAIN EVOLUTION CONTINUES  (Read 10889 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ManOnMission

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:04:34 AM

I am sorry to say I couldnt quite grasp the idea of locking xby coins in node  Huh What does it means to coins stored in paper wallets or xchanges? Do that too get locked up and not be available for trade? Huh Huh

Only the coins of people who want to run a node (and have enough XBY to do it) will get locked up - coins stored on paper wallets or in exchanges will be available and ready to trade.

Exactly, only the coins of people who want to lock them up in their wallets and run a node will actually be taken out of circulation. Everyone are free to trade their coins when they want to.
Cool.. Thanks Foxnews and Mapie

**********VIA Coin*********

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
purdie20

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:27:15 AM

Great test session yesterday with more than 500 tps on the old modified bitcoin chain.
mapie88

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:14:58 AM

Is there audio of Borz answering these questions?  The questions and answers sound so fake.  I thought 777 was for people to talk to Borz, not blog some predetermined questions.  Stuff like this makes me scratch my head about xby.  The whole time Borz is portrayed as reclusive programmer, non native english speaker who let's CCR do all the business.  Now all of a sudden Borz is talking about SEO, branding, and breaking down detailed marketing campaigns?  This sounds like some generic filler written by the old random guy hired to write for XBY.  I have a hard time believing that this is really borz giving these answers, and that these are actually the questions that the community wanted answered.

Well actually CCR said that december's edition would be the last with only Borz answering all the questions:

BORZALOM 777

As indicated on the Dec 7th edition, we would be doing a format change on the Borzalom 777 event. We did not go 100% in that direction yet but we are working towards this and perhaps how we have done this edition will be similar to how we will do them in the future. If you wish to review what was said, here is the excerpt:

Moving on to 777

We have once again selected 7 questions that we are willing to answer but this will be the last time this session is done this way. In the future, we will have a dedicated team taking care of this and the questions and answers will come from them, based on where we are at that moment in time on our technical journey.

We will have things explained in layman's terms so that the masses can understand clearly what we are doing, without getting into the technical details that other projects need in order to take our ideas before we are able to bring them to market.   

For the January 7th edition, we have 3 questions answered by the writer's team, 2 by CCRevolution and 2 by Borzalom himself. In the end, we believe the same result will be achieved because the point of all this is to answer some of the questions that the XTRABYTES community has. We still have Borzalom review these answers of course and he is actually doing his review while I write this opening statement.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we continue to move towards our goals.

Anyway, since the first edition, Borz's answers have been edited for clarity.

As for future editions, I personally would like to know which answers are given by Borz and which by the other members of the team.

fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:35:12 PM

Is there audio of Borz answering these questions?  The questions and answers sound so fake.  I thought 777 was for people to talk to Borz, not blog some predetermined questions.  Stuff like this makes me scratch my head about xby.  The whole time Borz is portrayed as reclusive programmer, non native english speaker who let's CCR do all the business.  Now all of a sudden Borz is talking about SEO, branding, and breaking down detailed marketing campaigns?  This sounds like some generic filler written by the old random guy hired to write for XBY.  I have a hard time believing that this is really borz giving these answers, and that these are actually the questions that the community wanted answered.

There was a format change to the 777. Announced here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864397.msg25933481#msg25933481

Borz 777 Format Change:

The idea of Borzalom 777 was initially to allow the community some interaction with Borzalom, so you can see he is real and also to get some basic technical questions answered.

We have always been careful to choose questions we were willing to answer, without giving away critical details. This is extremely important for the XTRABYTES community because the ideas that Borzalom is bringing to you are cutting edge ideas and we must make sure that we are first to market with these ideas. Otherwise, we are doing you a dis-service with your investments and commitments to the betterment of our amazing project by letting out all our secrets before we are even ready to capture the lions share of the market.

What we have noticed over the progression, leading up to our 3rd edition of 777, is that people are coming with more and more technically specific questions (questions that are solutions to problems) and the decision has been made to draw a line in the sand.  

And expounded upon here: https://community.xtrabytes.global/threads/777-with-borzalom-january-edition.446/

We have once again selected 7 questions that we are willing to answer but this will be the last time this session is done this way. In the future, we will have a dedicated team taking care of this and the questions and answers will come from them, based on where we are at that moment in time on our technical journey.

We will have things explained in layman's terms so that the masses can understand clearly what we are doing, without getting into the technical details that other projects need in order to take our ideas before we are able to bring them to market.

For the January 7th edition, we have 3 questions answered by the writer's team, 2 by CCRevolution and 2 by Borzalom himself. In the end, we believe the same result will be achieved because the point of all this is to answer some of the questions that the XTRABYTES community has. We still have Borzalom review these answers of course and he is actually doing his review while I write this opening statement.

I can confirm that all questions answered came from the Google Form that was filled out by members of the community.

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
zeth^

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:07:45 PM

Hey there everyone!

I just finished reading the whitepaper and was hoping one of the developers could answer a few questions I have with the VITALS private virtual network.

1. You say the VITALS private network is proprietary, does this mean the code is closed off to everyone else?

2. You say it's a private network that is directly connected to the static nodes on the public network, is the private network central? and if so who's hosting this private network?

thanks, really looking forward to learning more about this project

Hey, I'm still waiting on a developer to answer question number 2

Seems that Delphinus wrote previously that the code is being reviewed for a patents, or some kind of licensing before it's open sourced

But question 2 remains to be answered

Hi Zeth,

Borzalom usually doesn't read BCT; but you can submit any question you have here:
https://goo.gl/forms/MBgqOMhjTSjAOOq83

The next Q/A session is in 2 days (on the 7th).

My understanding of the private network is that the nodes set up a VPN to communicate with each other.

Right, these VPS's communicate with the public nodes, but they call them private VPN nodes

That's what I'm trying to get more information on, just want to know how decentralized this coin is if it has private nodes, but then again I might not understand exactly what they mean by having private VPN nodes that the public nodes control

The white paper does not go into depth how this is all achieved and how the servers/nodes will be operated and by whom and where.

VALTER 1017

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:11:34 AM

Interestingly, bittrex does not register new accounts
https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003463331
username12345

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:09:11 AM

LOL.

andddddddddddddd.................?
fishfishfish313

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:11:02 PM

No worries, we are not going to try to list on Bittrex at this time anyways.

New blog post is up:

US Senate Banking Committee conducted a hearing on cryptocurrency. Attended by representatives from the SEC and Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the hearing was sought by congressional representatives to learn more about crypto fraud and abuse.  Leading up to the hearing, crypto fans were fairly apprehensive about what regulators had planned.  Fortunately, the hearing was welcomed by the community upon its conclusion.

Very interesting and informative read:

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/general-crypto/sec-alleviates-regulation-concerns/

lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:14:16 AM

There was a format change to the 777. Announced here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864397.msg25933481#msg25933481

Borz 777 Format Change:

The idea of Borzalom 777 was initially to allow the community some interaction with Borzalom, so you can see he is real and also to get some basic technical questions answered.

We have always been careful to choose questions we were willing to answer, without giving away critical details. This is extremely important for the XTRABYTES community because the ideas that Borzalom is bringing to you are cutting edge ideas and we must make sure that we are first to market with these ideas. Otherwise, we are doing you a dis-service with your investments and commitments to the betterment of our amazing project by letting out all our secrets before we are even ready to capture the lions share of the market.

What we have noticed over the progression, leading up to our 3rd edition of 777, is that people are coming with more and more technically specific questions (questions that are solutions to problems) and the decision has been made to draw a line in the sand.  

And expounded upon here: https://community.xtrabytes.global/threads/777-with-borzalom-january-edition.446/

I can confirm that all questions answered came from the Google Form that was filled out by members of the community.

Got it.  Thanks for the clarification.  It is confusing b/c the blog was titled "777: XTRABYTES’ February Q & A With Borzalom",so naturally one would think it was Borz giving the answers.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:19:40 AM

I've been thinking about this whole patent thing, and I wonder if it is really necessary at all.  When dealing with decentralized systems, what can a patent really protect?  For instance if some anon developer forks the XBY code and creates his own project, there is really no way to shut it down.  It would be as futile as the media companies who have been trying to shut down bittorrent. 

Who is there even to sue in a decentralized platform? The only thing it would really prevent, is corporations from using the code.  What are the team's thoughts behind this?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
maracuja1

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:44:18 AM

Overall, I like this project, only thing I don't like is the 1 XBY transfer fee, like the 1 NXT fee for NXT. When XBY will be over $1 it will be consider high compared to ETH for example.
zoose

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:32:28 AM

Welcome to the NEW XTRABYTES Bitcointalk thread.

We had a great run with our main thread with 352 pages of posts that were read 364907 times. Clearly we made great progress with the information shared on this forum and it was not an easy decision to close it.

Moving towards the future, we are taking control of the information flow. We have absolutely no problem with people posting legitimate questions and concerns and we happilly address these. However, we feel it is best to ensure the actual content they are trying to access is easily available.

Therefore, in the best interest of our community and for those who will join us in the future, disruptive behaviour will no longer be allowed. From this point forward, spam posts and blatant attemptes of creating false news and misrepresentations of the facts, in an attempt to cause Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt will be removed at our discretion.

Thank you for your understanding!

Borzalom, CCRevolution, The XTRABYTES Crew & The XTRABYTES Community

Is it true that this project is going to have masternodes?

Cryptopia
    Exchange  Mineshaft 2.0   Marketplace   Rewards  CoinInfo   [[Bitcointalk]] [Facebook] [Twitter]
▪▪▪▪▪■■■■■■■▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄■■■■■■■▪▪▪▪▪
Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development 
SupremeGoose

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Patience and wisdom is a key

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 09:29:45 AM

Is it true that this project is going to have masternodes?

Hello.

Yes.

You will find more information here: https://community.xtrabytes.global/faq/posign-and-static-nodes.1/category

fishfishfish313

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:49:32 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 04:39:02 PM by fishfishfish313

Coordinated Strike Results: February 7th & 8th

With this announcement XTRABYTES would like to share the latest testnet results with our community. In our latest coordinated strike on February 8th, 2018 the block parameters were adjusted to 40 seconds minimum block-time (in our previous announcement we said 6 seconds in error, our apologies) and 50 MB block-size. Testnet 3 has now concluded as we await further news on the patent.

Results
With a total of 40 participants on our US-timed strike on February 7th, and 25 participants during our EU-timed strike on February 8th, we were able to observe the following details:

Improvements:

The main takeaways of the testnet were that we reached a maximum of 539 tps in several consecutive blocks, which can be seen if you look at the history in our block explorer:

The rest of the blog can be found here: https://blog.xtrabytes.global/xtrabytes-news/coordinated-strike-results-february-7th-8th/

purdie20

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:46:44 PM

Overall, I like this project, only thing I don't like is the 1 XBY transfer fee, like the 1 NXT fee for NXT. When XBY will be over $1 it will be consider high compared to ETH for example.

The transfer fee won't stay at 1 XBY in the future. It will be flexible.
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:35:09 PM

Quite fun that everyone was complaining about the 75 XBY fee last month. Now it's reduced to 1 and still complaints  Grin

fishfishfish313

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:44:29 PM

XTRABYTES To Be Listed On CoinFalcon

Investors can look forward to XTRABYTES’ debut February 14th at 12PM UTC on CoinFalcon, a smaller cryptocurrency exchange based in the United Kingdom.

https://coinfalcon.com/

XTRABYTES inclusion in CoinFalcon’s portfolio of cryptocurrency offerings will allow for more visibility. It’s important for XTRABYTES to gain exposure to more crypto investors as it prepares for the release of its technology in 2018.

More information on our blog post here:  https://blog.xtrabytes.global/exchanges-trading/xtrabytes-to-be-listed-on-coinfalcon/

Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:05:25 PM

The more exchanges, the better!  Smiley

maracuja1

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:41:35 PM

Quite fun that everyone was complaining about the 75 XBY fee last month. Now it's reduced to 1 and still complaints  Grin

Wow, no idea it was 75, I have been looking to buy in for about a month, no XBY so far Smiley
Will buy at next dip, XBY ftw!
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:29:02 PM

Quite fun that everyone was complaining about the 75 XBY fee last month. Now it's reduced to 1 and still complaints  Grin

Wow, no idea it was 75, I have been looking to buy in for about a month, no XBY so far Smiley
Will buy at next dip, XBY ftw!

How much fee now? 75 XBY?
Does they planning to launch some ICO on their platform in near future?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: