Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:54:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings and thoughts  (Read 111 times)
lohi (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:57:29 AM

Greetings and salutations,

Recently built my first rig running 5x Sapphire 570 8gb Micron and 1x rx480 4gb Hynix and have been running it stock. Getting 24.5 MHs on 570's and 21.x MHs on the 480.

As for mining i am running dual eth/sia.

Well the plan for the weekend is to flash the bioses on the cards do oc/undervolt to see how high i can get.

Reading around i found crazy different numbers how some people managed to get these cards from 27 all the way up to 31MHs, does anyone have any of those cards and can he tell me what are the speeds they managed to get them to work?

The other thing i am wondering about is do you generally change the coins you mine daily/weekly to the one showing the most profitability or do you mine mostly eg. eth for steady profits? I heard some people who have multiple rigs run some on one of the bigger alts while using the other for exploration minign so to speak.

Thanks for the replies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:33:39 AM

Recently built my first rig running 5x Sapphire 570 8gb Micron and 1x rx480 4gb Hynix and have been running it stock. Getting 24.5 MHs on 570's and 21.x MHs on the 480.

Well the plan for the weekend is to flash the bioses on the cards do oc/undervolt to see how high i can get.

Reading around i found crazy different numbers how some people managed to get these cards from 27 all the way up to 31MHs, does anyone have any of those cards and can he tell me what are the speeds they managed to get them to work?

Those are not crazy numbers, its an expectations after you modded your GPU bios, just play with clock setting after mod

The other thing i am wondering about is do you generally change the coins you mine daily/weekly to the one showing the most profitability or do you mine mostly eg. eth for steady profits? I heard some people who have multiple rigs run some on one of the bigger alts while using the other for exploration minign so to speak.

Thanks for the replies.

Taken from one of Legendary contributor here Bro Philipma, and I think a miners wise move is that allocating some of the Rigs for paying Bills so basically seek for the most profitable coin to mine, then others Rigs are on Coin hunt for HODL.
lohi (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:14:48 AM

Those are not crazy numbers, its an expectations after you modded your GPU bios, just play with clock setting after mod

Yes i found some article that states clearly that even two cards with the same memory do not necessarily work the same and to apply setting individually

Thanks for the replies.

Taken from one of Legendary contributor here Bro Philipma, and I think a miners wise move is that allocating some of the Rigs for paying Bills so basically seek for the most profitable coin to mine, then others Rigs are on Coin hunt for HODL.

But if am i mining the curently most profitable coin and my rig needs to mine x ammount before i can transfer/sell the coin for running costs i guess i should take into account where that coin price will be in x ammount of days/weeks i need before i can sell it?

Thanks for the reply always good to learn something new.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:37:06 AM

Yes i found some article that states clearly that even two cards with the same memory do not necessarily work the same and to apply setting individually

that's correct, however difference is minimal or most of it are on the same Hashrates when it has same memory.

But if am i mining the curently most profitable coin and my rig needs to mine x ammount before i can transfer/sell the coin for running costs i guess i should take into account where that coin price will be in x ammount of days/weeks i need before i can sell it?

Yeah, that's really a dilemma for a starter, however, if your purpose is to sell it right away in BTC upon mining, there are pools that offer those, Zpool and Nicehash for example, so you don't have to worry about days or weeks in filling up min payout to take advantage of coin price. they have sure a BTC min payout but at least it solves your problem on getting hot coins you want.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: