Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:14:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] UniversalCoin - The Free Digital Currency  (Read 20746 times)
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:48:36 AM

Are there any plans to do further work on the coin after all airdrops are complete? Or will value come 100% organically?

I really wish there is some solid plan to add value to the coin, and I would love to work for it. Please feel free to message me if there is a need. I am a software engineer (C++), and can contribute to any project backing UNV.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:31:42 PM

Are there any plans to do further work on the coin after all airdrops are complete? Or will value come 100% organically?

I really wish there is some solid plan to add value to the coin, and I would love to work for it. Please feel free to message me if there is a need. I am a software engineer (C++), and can contribute to any project backing UNV.

I recommend reading the whitepaper, if you haven't already. From my understanding, the value is supposed to be organic. The whitepaper says that it is an experiment to find out if wealth can be generated by popular consensus. What types of solid plans to add value do you purpose?
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:18:38 PM

Did they ever get their second payout working properly? I was there for the first one a few weeks ago and it took a bit, but I did eventually get it.
GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:31:45 PM

What do you want UNV to do? This team already has a solid project in my eyes and I think the value could very well happen if enough people join in. I think they have a solid plan as is. I like how they put it previously:

The roadmap has only the airdrop distribution as the main goal. Can you add more substantial objectives dev?

Our main goal is to conduct an experiment into the nature of wealth and value - to see if it's possible to generate wealth for everyone that participates in the project. The airdrops form part of this plan, to disincentivise immediate selling after our initial claim period. We think that learning more about the nature of wealth and trying to enrich people all over the world is a substantial enough goal, and unlike most ICOs we don't actually promise anything we aren't equipped to deliver.

If it makes you happy though, perhaps we could add blockchain to a toaster?  Wink

shibaji

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:11:30 AM

What do you want UNV to do? This team already has a solid project in my eyes and I think the value could very well happen if enough people join in. I think they have a solid plan as is. I like how they put it previously:

The roadmap has only the airdrop distribution as the main goal. Can you add more substantial objectives dev?

Our main goal is to conduct an experiment into the nature of wealth and value - to see if it's possible to generate wealth for everyone that participates in the project. The airdrops form part of this plan, to disincentivise immediate selling after our initial claim period. We think that learning more about the nature of wealth and trying to enrich people all over the world is a substantial enough goal, and unlike most ICOs we don't actually promise anything we aren't equipped to deliver.

If it makes you happy though, perhaps we could add blockchain to a toaster?  Wink

Sure - I read that, and offered to contribute into analytics already. There has to be some usefulness for the coin to have value. Today, bitcoin has its value because people adopted it and used as a virtual currency - even attached fiat to it for conversion. Unless UNV can satisfy some use case, it will just remain as experiment. Just like the first pizza buy using BTC, maybe someone will offer to sell a painting for UNV, and that would do.

For example, checkout simbi.com - it has its own virtual token, that are used as temporary hold while bartering. Maybe the same concept can be applied to UNV outside of the closed environment like Simbi. Just a thought. I am sure there can be many such cases.
okspam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:02:54 PM

I know that there is a UniversalCoin fundraiser going on. Is there a way to keep up with the progress of the fundraiser?

If you go to the following link and then press the "contribution details" button, you will see the details of the fundraiser:
https://fundraiser.universalcoin.io/

That is just what I was looking for. Thanks! It looks like people are contributing, so that's good.
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:28:36 PM

Did they ever get their second payout working properly? I was there for the first one a few weeks ago and it took a bit, but I did eventually get it.

Does anyone know? I'd really like to get in on the next one.
GoBelle

Activity: 512

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:37:07 PM

Sure - I read that, and offered to contribute into analytics already. There has to be some usefulness for the coin to have value. Today, bitcoin has its value because people adopted it and used as a virtual currency - even attached fiat to it for conversion. Unless UNV can satisfy some use case, it will just remain as experiment. Just like the first pizza buy using BTC, maybe someone will offer to sell a painting for UNV, and that would do.

For example, checkout simbi.com - it has its own virtual token, that are used as temporary hold while bartering. Maybe the same concept can be applied to UNV outside of the closed environment like Simbi. Just a thought. I am sure there can be many such cases.

I think I see what you're saying better and I don't think you are wrong. I wonder what use cases UniversalCoin could have. Have you thought of anything interesting? I'm sure the team is interested in hearing unique ideas. At the least, UNV could be used for transactions since it is ERC20.
mustandine

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:55:20 PM

It's interesting for me too, would be glad to see the answer.
shibaji

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:50:28 PM

It's interesting for me too, would be glad to see the answer.

Next one starts tomorrow. It is mentioned in the website (https://universalcoin.io/):

From February 12 2018, visit this site between 00:00-01:00 UTC or 12:00-13:00 UTC every Monday (Sunday in USA) to claim your share of UniversalCoin - free of charge. Universal will be distributed 40 times in this manner, there are 39 distributions remaining. Subscribe below to get notified.
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 04:07:14 PM

I'm pretty excited about the drop tomorrow. Hopefully everything goes smoothly this time since they've made improvements. Cheesy

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
Neo.Prometheus

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:10:48 PM

I agree that the project is going to arouse much interest among investors.
deeltje

Activity: 486

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:09:49 PM

I agree that the project is going to arouse much interest among investors.

Agreed. I hope the word gets out and many people take advantage of the drops.
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:15:33 PM

I'm glad the next drop is scheduled for tomorrow. Not bad for the second one only being a week or so behind. I'm wondering what went wrong with the first one and what they have done to fix it? I know they said they made changes so I'm not worried about them delivering. I'm just curious about the details.
shibaji

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:29:28 PM

I'm glad the next drop is scheduled for tomorrow. Not bad for the second one only being a week or so behind. I'm wondering what went wrong with the first one and what they have done to fix it? I know they said they made changes so I'm not worried about them delivering. I'm just curious about the details.

As far as I understand:

1. Around the first drop, ETH network sucked and transactions were getting blocked for days, which made everyone anxious.
2. Price of sending tokens back is high, so whoever is behind this experiment, re-thought it to raise fund to cover this (which is going on now).

I sincerely hope this is not a get rich quick scheme for whoever is doing it - that would be a shame. I can see that there are many chunks kept aside for raising funds, and the current raise is termed as the first fund raise. It is ok to raise fund when needed, I just hope that after "N" fund raise cycles, the person behind this does not disappear.

P.S.: The Merit system sucks. I have been trying to contribute to the community meaningfully for many years - let alone past few days, and no one given a damn to spread merit.
pstraene

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:37:47 PM

I read your white paper, but there is only information about the distribution rules. What tasks are you trying to solve? What is the essence of your project?

Thanks for reading. The essence of our project of our project is to conduct an experiment on the subject of wealth creation. We want to know if it is possible to create wealth through a free and fair digital currency distribution. The benefits of this are twofold: educating other attempts at reducing economic inequality, and (potentially) enriching those who choose to participate in the project.

The significance of your project is very shallow. In short, you want to test the waters here. If it will hit with the community, you will get huge money. Otherwise, you will still get a lil amount of cash. But you can say to yourself, you distribute tokens without a value and create a value afterwards because of these gullible people buying your tokens even without solid foundation.

here in the forum there are enough stupid people who will pay a little eth. look at the ico here. almost all are garbage and want eth. and later people cry when the dev ran away. but that's crypto 2018
Dofus

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:17:39 PM

I read your white paper, but there is only information about the distribution rules. What tasks are you trying to solve? What is the essence of your project?

Thanks for reading. The essence of our project of our project is to conduct an experiment on the subject of wealth creation. We want to know if it is possible to create wealth through a free and fair digital currency distribution. The benefits of this are twofold: educating other attempts at reducing economic inequality, and (potentially) enriching those who choose to participate in the project.

The significance of your project is very shallow. In short, you want to test the waters here. If it will hit with the community, you will get huge money. Otherwise, you will still get a lil amount of cash. But you can say to yourself, you distribute tokens without a value and create a value afterwards because of these gullible people buying your tokens even without solid foundation.

here in the forum there are enough stupid people who will pay a little eth. look at the ico here. almost all are garbage and want eth. and later people cry when the dev ran away. but that's crypto 2018

I think it's important to understand the reason for the fundraiser and the fact that this project is an experiment to see if UNV can become very valuable. Many investors, such as myself, were concerned about transaction fees because we wanted to keep the experiment pure. I think that is why they chose the fundraiser. I'm not sure what other choices they had besides those two. However, obviously any investment and fundraiser is a risk. But it's also an experiment and there is a reward for donating. I think this team has been up front about the entire experiment from day dot so I'm not sure why you seem so negative about it.
shibaji

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:30:08 PM

This is being conducted in a much better way than any scam ICO. You know exactly what you are getting into - that is - there is no promise at all, and it is completely free. Do not understand the issue. Even if whatever 'tippytoes' said is 100% correct, I do not see any issue with that. How about you come up with such an idea? Missed the boat? Jealous much?  Grin
Savik

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:40:39 PM

This is being conducted in a much better way than any scam ICO. You know exactly what you are getting into - that is - there is no promise at all, and it is completely free. Do not understand the issue. Even if whatever 'tippytoes' said is 100% correct, I do not see any issue with that. How about you come up with such an idea? Missed the boat? Jealous much?  Grin

Thats a very true statement, especially when looking at some vaporware scammy ICOs. At least this is no beating around the bush. Its giving out a coin with nothing behind it and watch to see if the community can make it into something.

shibaji

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:35:57 PM

What a shame ... this is unexpected and unethical after raising money. I stand in a neutral position - if you do good, I am with you. If you try to pull something funny, I will stand against you.

ref: https://universalcoin.io/

DISTRIBUTION CANCELLED

We're currently experiencing technical issues. Today's distribution (Feb 12th, 2018) is now cancelled. We are very sorry and will advise once we have more clarity on the issues. Any questions, feel free to reach out to us.

To UNV team:

You guys should have some integrity, and understand that people have value for time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: