Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:33:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is asset, not currency.  (Read 596 times)
Ludmilla_rose1995

Activity: 1582
Merit: 157

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:15:28 PM

I think so too, though bitcoin is created as a cryptocurrency, it is more worth mentioning as a digital asset.

gernoto

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

“Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018”

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:20:17 PM

National Bank of Israel officially announced that the Bitcoin is not currency but the asset. I think that most countries will follow the example. what do you think?
I was thinking the same thing. Bitcoin is indeed an asset for the future. And any country that permits a Bitcoin I am sure one day the State will be more advanced.

▃▃▃▃▃  U N I B R I G H T  ▃▃▃▃▃
⟪ Blockchain-Based Business Integration ⟫
visit: https://unibright.io/
rynah011991

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:24:17 PM

somewhat I agree. Bitcoin is not   an asset, since   it does not   generate cash flows standing alone for those who hold it  unless you sell it and convert to cash.
Flomo

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 03:38:29 PM

I would argue that bitcoin is best used as an asset or investment not as money or fiat, because of the instability of bitcoin that does not allow for payment.
ICO Lancer (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 08:24:18 AM

why did you create this misleading title? when you are quoting someone you should include the name of the source.

and who cares what a National Bank of some place is saying about what bitcoin is. they are defining it as an asset so that they can deal with it easier. most of the times it is a matter of taxation since they can't exactly tax a currency!

what matters is how people are going to use bitcoin and so far it has been a currency apart from last 2 months and hopefully this changes back to normal low fee transactions soon too.

The topic is created for discussion, i am just interested in position people who are here, what o they think on the issue, do they perceive it like currency or like asset.
ICO Lancer (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 08:26:59 AM

Can I know what difference it makes? Does Bitcoin lose its value if it is known as an asset?

No it will not lose value, but if it will be considered as currency, I think it will be used more and more actively.
Ray3z

Activity: 188

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:32:39 AM

Can I know what difference it makes? Does Bitcoin lose its value if it is known as an asset?

In my opinion, there is no relation between lossing in value with an asset called.
Bitcoin loss value because no more high demand involve and in my opinion  it cause more people put their money into altcoin.
caloy06

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:40:14 AM

I agree bitcoin is asset not money because it's better for you to be the bitcoin for your money too well to recover your currency as much as the bitcoin value goes up. The bitcoin is while increasing its value is also rising currency of your money to see. It is good asset to earn lot of money and to save the bitcoin a lot of us.Bitcoin is also a bitcoin asset or capital for something you want to build business or expense for road trip family bonding and so on.
Ismat Morshed

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:46:49 AM

in cryptocurrrncy bitcoin is great currency.I myself opinion is bitcoin id an asset rather than currency.if anyone hold it its a great asset.
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:32:11 AM

With the current situation of bitcoin and the culture that we have, I guess it is not impossible if all the other countries will follow the same path Israel took over bitcoin. For me it is not a bad thing for as long as it has been officially accepted by our country and it will still give out the benefit that it provides us currently.
sasinghal

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:36:31 AM

I don't think that it will make any difference because currency is something by which we can purchase anything in exchange. And bitcoin can also be used in same way. So it can also be called as a DIGITAL currency.

____Kukucoin.io____
Value of cocoa harvesting, Marketing and Trading (http://kukucoin.io)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⋆ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[/cen
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:48:05 AM

National Bank of Israel officially announced that the Bitcoin is not currency but asset. I think that most countries will follow the example. what do you think?

I think everyone has a different perspective. even for someone who does not know bitcoin will think far from the benefits. so I don't care, some say it's a virtual asset or currency. the most important for me, I can still continue to be involved in crypto and bitcoin.
Rate

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:49:44 AM

the banks and the government always want to call bitcoin something other than a currency. they will do anything they can to prevent bitcoin from being a currency because if that happens, their business and livelihood will be threatened unless they act fast and adapt to the new situation and the world with a decentralized cryptocurrency out of their control.

Well said! they are now scared what bitcoin is capable of because someday once bitcoin take over the all fiat currency the bank will end up to bankruptcy. They are trying to divert the knowledge of the people in order to delay the process of transition from fiat to crypto currency.

Buy Bitcoin
Sallysakky

Activity: 119
Merit: 14

Kawa

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:56:23 AM

Fully agree, commission and time delays make Bitcoin unsuitable for the simple payments. Of course if u want to buy car, house etc. it is good enough, but for everyday purchases there are lot of other altcoins, projects that it's more easy to implement.

Tongue
eekkaa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:01:15 AM

National Bank of Israel officially announced that the Bitcoin is not currency but asset. I think that most countries will follow the example. what do you think?

it seems that bitcoin can be both and according to people will vary, so no problem bitcoin will be called what is important we can still benefit from playing bitcoin.
ledinasaliasi

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:03:16 AM

that's right, bitcoin is using as both asset and currency, however bitcoin is not being used as currency properly because it is still having problem in transactions fee and still very less useful in daily life, however, because of its value, bitcoin is still being used as an asset to trade or holding for long term, so this can only be used as an asset commonly.
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:12:56 AM

Bitcoin is a high class asset, but it is a speculative kind of asset with total of twenty one millions coins divided around the world. Bitcoin is not totally called a currency because of the significant risks on how price being called like a bubble by going up and down, bitcoin having unstable price. But i really understand of what the price moving high and low it is because of the demand and supply basis. Many people says that bitcoin is an assets but not a currency.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:13:53 AM

no matter the asset or the virtual currency. the most important for me, its value continues to rise and become an advantage for me. many people will have different judgments.
sangwookie

Activity: 168

Put it all on the line and go for broke

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:14:01 AM

I think of Bitcoin like a rolex. It has name value and people believe it to be worth quite a bit of money. That is why people want to flaunt it and will even pay high prices for secondhand market. If I can sell a Rolex for money then I think I should be able to do the same thing with bitcoin. I think it started as a currency but it has grown above that. Think of it as a limited edition Rolex signed by the owner. That could be auctioned off for a tremendous amount of money.

The other altcoins are trying to be a currency. The technology is useful. It keeps people accountable. It would change the entire monetary system as we know it. Many companies would have to adapt or die. It has happened throughout human history. Adapt or die.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
giogio0504

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:21:13 AM

its depends how people use it but for me, bitcoin is asset and cryptocurrency
both  Grin

Yes for sure, it is currency and asset at the same tome, depends how you use it
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: