Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:44:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is asset, not currency.  (Read 596 times)
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:37:33 AM

Can I know what difference it makes? Does Bitcoin lose its value if it is known as an asset?

In a simplest explanation, If you see bitcoin as an asset you don't prefer using it as a form of payment but more like a thing which you keep because its value is ever increasing. Bitcoin have become popular all over the world and widely as a form of payment. Bitcoin is really meant to be use as a form of payment to make it circulate in the market. But because its demand is rising its wiser to see it as an asset than a currency.

Bitcoin is not considered as currency because it does not yet serving tge real feature of a currency, it might be a payment but its is not yet accepted by majority and there is no legal recognition from the government.
Notcalculator

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:43:36 AM

Defining what it is, is just formality because they cant regulate it if they dont recognize it.
It's worth mentioning that bitcoin is made as an alternative to modern day banking. The problem with banks is that they're centralized
and they hold all the power. They single-handedly crashed the economy through shady housing loans. Bitcoin was intended to be used as
the currency of the internet but because of its scalability problem causing slow transactions. It's impossible to use it as everyday money for everyday transactions.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sexie

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:54:57 AM

National Bank of Israel officially announced that the Bitcoin is not currency but asset. I think that most countries will follow the example. what do you think?
.           So bitcoin for me is both a currency  and an asset. Bitcoin as currency is known through internet as digital currency in which you can transfer easily to one another through out the world much cheaper and quickly without any extra charges. A digital currency that they can use to buy something from it through online businesses, remittances and exchange trading. On the other hand bitcoin could be an asset also. You just convert  or invest your cash into bitcoin just to protect it  from any government rules and other charges. It could be an asset for its value is getting higher.

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:55:54 AM

Definitely, it is an assets but as with that bitcoin is a currency.
If you have number of BTC then it means that you have some strong number of money and you have store it then it means you have a strong asset. So it depend on each person sense that how he is taking BTC. In real BTC is a currency.
Potatohead

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:05:24 PM

National Bank of Israel officially announced that the Bitcoin is not currency but asset. I think that most countries will follow the example. what do you think?

I guess so. Still, the thing that qualifies bitcoin as a currency is the fact that it can be used to buy things, which are online of course. I think an asset can be traded or sold, but not used to buy things that are for sale and not for trade. This is why for me, I still consider bitcoin more of a currency rather than an asset.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: