Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:26:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]VETRI: Swiss startup realizing personal data management for the digital age  (Read 2379 times)
lclc (OP)

Activity: 298
Merit: 275

Bitcoin Association Switzerland

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 03:28:17 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2018, 07:25:44 AM by lclc

I don't work for VETRI but I'm one of their advisors. They will answer your questions here directly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
valid_global

Activity: 108
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:30:05 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 05:02:25 PM by valid_global

Hello this is the VALID-Team

We are very much looking forward to your comments, questions and input!

We will also communicate news in our ANN-Thread.
Key dates:

- The crowd sale starts on 24 February
- Join our CEO Daniel Gasteiger during the roadshow in:
-- St. Moritz: Jan 17 - 18 (Crypto Finance Conference)
-- Davos: Jan 23 - 24 (“GBBC Blockchain Central” @ World Economic Forum)
-- Kiev: Jan 25 – 27 (Bip001.com)
-- Sao Paulo: Feb 15 - 17 (VALID meet&greet)
-- San Francisco: Feb 18 - 20 (VALID meet&greet)
-- Tokyo: Feb 21 - 23 (VALID meet&greet)
-- Seoul: Feb 24 - 25 (VALID meet&greet)
-- Hong Kong: Feb 25 - 27 (VALID meet&greet)
-- Bangkok: Feb 27 - 28 (VALID meet&greet)
-- Prague: Mar 1 - 3 (VALID meet&greet)
-- Berne: Mar 6 - 7 (VALID meet&greet)

If you want to support VALID with your skills or your network, then feel free to choose between one of three pillars:

1. Local Representatives
VALID is looking for approximately 20 people around the world who will coordinate market-engagement and communication with local communities. As a local representative, you could moderate a VALID telegram channel in one of the essential languages*, organize meetups, support us at the different locations of our roadshow or translate the most relevant documents (e.g. Whitepaper). We are happy to also accept your individual suggestions.

Please bear in mind that translations will be crossed-checked and use of translation software is not allowed and will result in disqualification.

2. Content Creators
VALID is also looking for approximately 30 people with frequently visited websites or channels (Medium, Steem.it, etc.) who would like to raise awareness about the VALID project and the upcoming token sale. The content — be it a blog post, video or a report — can be published in any of the essential languages*.

3. Social Media Ambassadors
VALID is also looking for approximately 30 people with frequently visited websites or channels (Medium, Steem.it, etc.) who would like to raise awareness about the VALID project and the upcoming token sale. The content — be it a blog post, video or a report — can be published in any of the essential languages*.

Sing-up forms and further details can be found via: https://blog.valid.global/valid-ambassador-program-bf62f49a81b8

If you have questions feel free to ask here
or on Telegram via Link
or Reddit via Link.

To stay up to date you can also read our weekly Newsletter. Sign-up via Link

Get the News 1x a week bundled in our Newsletter or read up on VALID in our blog.

You can also join the conversation via:
Telegram
Twitter
Reddit

[/size]

VETRI: Self-sovereign eID and monetizing your anonymized personal data
All powered by Blockchain
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2727880.0
RonMank

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:40:35 PM

is the pilot version running already on the blockchain?
WorldCoiner

Activity: 1069
Merit: 682

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 04:56:52 PM

Great project with perfect team. Awesome, I will invest!
valid_global

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:46:01 PM

is the pilot version running already on the blockchain?

Procivis (the company behind VALID) has a pilot project of a government accredited eID+ with the Swiss Canton of Schaffhausen up and running.

Procivis is ready to deliver the proof-of-existence of the data as a hash on the blockchain.

Our current client decided not to use this blockchain functionality currently for the pilot, since the project is in a very early stage. Data protection is a serious topic in Switzerland and therefore the client wanted to be able to control the pilot environment for now.

As with every new technology institutions first need to gather experience to gain confidence for next steps.

With VALID’s solution we are also working on a approach where the data stays on your device and the timestamped hash of it (as a claim of validity) is on the blockchain.
We have a proof-of-concept for our technology rady and are realizing a decentralized solution for VALID.

For further reference I suggest our technical whitepaper (work in progress) on github: https://github.com/valid-global/white-paper

RonMank

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:23:46 PM

ok, thanks for the answer.

Looks good, i will take a deeper look.
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:01:40 PM

Basically, your service offers an app that contain and keep our detailed personal data like full name, mother's maiden name, DoB, address, social ID, and other records securely so we can use them more conveniently, like autofill, while wandering around the internet? Plus it also act as an identity verifier (I'm trying to say, you act as an intermediary who state 'yes, the data this user just filled is correct and official') for sites that needs ID verification like (since we're discussing this in cryptoworld) bittrex exchanges' account, or paypal, etc?
Mang Li

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:25:08 PM

where i can read the whitepaper from this project ?
because i want to know more
thank you

SweetSv

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:07:19 AM

When start bounty?
Mang Li

Activity: 327

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:22:46 AM

where i can read the whitepaper from this project ?
because i want to know more
thank you

here you go

https://valid.global/static/valid-wp-2.pdf

thanks a lot,,
will read this whitepaper carefully,
because i think this is promissing project

Bailo

Activity: 700
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:36:38 AM

Great project with perfect team. Awesome, I will invest!

If you are investing, it certainly will be a successful ico-like many times before  Wink.
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:25:54 AM

Basically, your service offers an app that contain and keep our detailed personal data like full name, mother's maiden name, DoB, address, social ID, and other records securely so we can use them more conveniently, like autofill, while wandering around the internet? Plus it also act as an identity verifier (I'm trying to say, you act as an intermediary who state 'yes, the data this user just filled is correct and official') for sites that needs ID verification like (since we're discussing this in cryptoworld) bittrex exchanges' account, or paypal, etc?

The VALID platform will consist of a mobile wallet (VALiD Wallet) for users to manage their personal data as well as a web application (VALID marketplace) for data consumers to buy and access that data. Users and data consumers, who together form the “stakeholders”, will be able to add data, request data from third parties, get their data verified, manage their privacy settings, buy services and finally share and monetize their data in a fully user-controlled fashion.

So this is a new ecosystem where you can collect all your personal Data, like from Facebook or Google, Healthcare and more and make it your one so you can monetize from your one data.

So technically, instead of involuntarily let Facebook sell our ID and preferences to third party marketers, we just sell them ourselves and gain something from it?

I'm really curious here, and I believe there will be a lot of other people out there wanting to know about this too, so your answer will helps them understand: who would interested with my details, anyway?
valid_global

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:27:32 PM

The VALID platform will consist of a mobile wallet (VALiD Wallet) for users to manage their personal data as well as a web application (VALID marketplace) for data consumers to buy and access that data. Users and data consumers, who together form the “stakeholders”, will be able to add data, request data from third parties, get their data verified, manage their privacy settings, buy services and finally share and monetize their data in a fully user-controlled fashion.

So this is a new ecosystem where you can collect all your personal Data, like from Facebook or Google, Healthcare and more and make it your one so you can monetize from your one data.

So technically, instead of involuntarily let Facebook sell our ID and preferences to third party marketers, we just sell them ourselves and gain something from it?

I'm really curious here, and I believe there will be a lot of other people out there wanting to know about this too, so your answer will helps them understand: who would interested with my details, anyway?

Yes that's correct.
The marketplace is one of the aspects and it's optional to monetize your own data.

Through the GDPR regulation the services also have to provide your data in a machine readable format.
Which will make it easier in the future i.e. to import your collected data to your VALID wallet.

For further reading our legal analyst Krzysztof Adam Gorski has written an interesting piece about "the winners and losers of GDPR": https://blog.valid.global/the-winners-and-losers-of-gdpr-be86f2179cac

The other two aspects of VALID wallet are:
1) Authentication (as stated correctly in your first statement)
and 2) Safeguard: The state-of-the-art encryption to protect your data. 

Regarding "who would be interested":
There are several use cases. As Krzysztof writes in his very first sentence "Personal data is the commodity of the 21st century." or as the World Economic Forum calls it "a new asset class" (source) you can think of how much our data is valued by i.e. marketers.
Another use case could also be your anonymized data for surveys and research.
With all your data that you create every second of the day and you as the beneficiary if this data gets used, there might even be the case of a "digital basic income" in the future: https://blog.valid.global/claim-your-digital-basic-income-cdf3f1d84c7

valid_global

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:41:49 PM

by the Way, the CEO Daniel Gasteiger is Board Member of the Global Blockchain Business Council https://www.gbbcouncil.org/ solid Team, solid Advisory Board and solid Usercase.

I'm in

Somebody did his research and homework Wink
Yes this is correct, he is a founding and board member of the Global Blockchain Business Council.

We are glad to count you in!

Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:26:01 PM

A Great startup, we will see next time Smiley
Hilde X

Activity: 1344
Merit: 461

The Internet of Trusted Things

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:57:54 PM

Looks fantastic!

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬     INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
       China Mobile IoT All. | Ind. Internet Cons.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
layer1gfx
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109

Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 07:35:37 AM

i will have a look into the whitepaper.
german translation reserved - please send me a PM if needed.

cheers
DarkOPM

Activity: 191

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 11:05:10 AM

Looks very good!
omwibya

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:12:17 AM

interesting project. and the price is nice so maybe I'll check it out when the sale starts.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
nxnqauff

Activity: 840
Merit: 17

PG-PAY Gold Backed Token

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:54:58 PM

This project looks amazingly good. I would like to look into the details and whitepaper soon. Team seems to be excellent. Looking forward to be part of it.

●   GOLD-BACKED TOKEN   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  First Payment Gateway To Use  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  PGPAY  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: