Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:23:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Futourist - travel review platform where you get paid for your content  (Read 15986 times)
Futourist (OP)

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 12:35:29 PM

Business - a company who uses Futourist in order to spread awareness / make direct sales / get other benefits like audience analytics etc.

I would like to know in more detail how the business will make sales within the network? Will it be direct advertising or something else?

Hey!

Direct sales will be done through a feature we call Offers. Every business listed on Futourist will be able to create Offers, which users can claim with their tokens. For example, a restaurant posts an offer "Roast beef dinner for two + a bottle of red wine only 500 FTR".
Besides offers, business can create contests (advertising, awareness spreading), can pay for positioning (go higher in the search results), can pay for advance business intelligence (analytics). All these things increase their business revenue in one way or another.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kil5478

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:59:16 PM

Business - a company who uses Futourist in order to spread awareness / make direct sales / get other benefits like audience analytics etc.

I would like to know in more detail how the business will make sales within the network? Will it be direct advertising or something else?

Hey!

Direct sales will be done through a feature we call Offers. Every business listed on Futourist will be able to create Offers, which users can claim with their tokens. For example, a restaurant posts an offer "Roast beef dinner for two + a bottle of red wine only 500 FTR".
Besides offers, business can create contests (advertising, awareness spreading), can pay for positioning (go higher in the search results), can pay for advance business intelligence (analytics). All these things increase their business revenue in one way or another.

It will be just fine as this will not strain ordinary users. I read about several channels of infusion of money into the system. Can you talk more about this?
angrygerl

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:48:49 PM

How much it became clear to me your strategy is to attract tourists to good places. In the future you do not plan to place in your application Black list as a separate section, where you could share and bad impressions?
Vasyafet

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:54:23 PM

Hello! i had read "How Futourist Protects Users From Abuse" paragraph in whitepaper, it's interesting but not understandable (maybe only for me, sorry) why user B just can't create 1000 fake upvotes by bots and get first place? did you mean that difference in money between places ($1k in your example) is smaller than price of 1k fake upvotes?

Hi!

That's a good question. The answer is somewhat long.
Bot accounts can be identified and limited through things like phone verification and especially AI finding bot behavior patterns in the fake account activity log.
In the case of 1000 fake upvotes, our AI mechanism will have an easy task of identifying this pattern. A simple way of the top of my head would be comparing view count and reactions to video. Also looking at the geolocation and timeframes of the upvotes etc.
The point being here that fraudulent actions can not be prevented in advance, but they can be traced down. And rewarding users only after the community has their say about it gives us enough time to identify possible frauds.
Thank you for this long answer! I have another question, in token distribution missing marketing, do you planning advertising of your app? Or resources for this it's "for future partners"? Like bloggers who will speak about you in their blogs.
Peanland

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:07:32 PM

I do not quite understand, users determine the amount of the reward themselves or it puts automatically?

The final amount of reward, in the late stages, will be set by the market value of the token itself. The amount of token reward will be defined by Futourist or the business running the contest, based on the reward pool size and the distribution curve (we will be using the Pareto principle) and some other parameters. All these parameters will have to be fine tuned when Futourist goes public, and will probably keep changing throughout the evolution of Futourist. In the end we have to establish a balance between the token income, coming into the platform, and token output, which are rewards.

oh! thanks, now all clear
Futourist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 02:35:49 PM

Hello! i had read "How Futourist Protects Users From Abuse" paragraph in whitepaper, it's interesting but not understandable (maybe only for me, sorry) why user B just can't create 1000 fake upvotes by bots and get first place? did you mean that difference in money between places ($1k in your example) is smaller than price of 1k fake upvotes?

Hi!

That's a good question. The answer is somewhat long.
Bot accounts can be identified and limited through things like phone verification and especially AI finding bot behavior patterns in the fake account activity log.
In the case of 1000 fake upvotes, our AI mechanism will have an easy task of identifying this pattern. A simple way of the top of my head would be comparing view count and reactions to video. Also looking at the geolocation and timeframes of the upvotes etc.
The point being here that fraudulent actions can not be prevented in advance, but they can be traced down. And rewarding users only after the community has their say about it gives us enough time to identify possible frauds.
Thank you for this long answer! I have another question, in token distribution missing marketing, do you planning advertising of your app? Or resources for this it's "for future partners"? Like bloggers who will speak about you in their blogs.

Our project marketing and promotion of the platform is covered with two resources. First one is 45% Community token allocation. This means we will be giving out 45% of utility tokens to reviewers, curators, users, influencers and potential test companies. These tokens will help us kickstart our project and generate new reviews. Beside that we have allocated 20% of collected funds (ETH) for marketing purposes.

Bloggers and influencers are viable for both of those resources because we want tight connection with influencers.

junieeegasm

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:37:21 PM

Any bounty?

UPD. Yours site is down now.

Register here. https://futourist.io/compete

There are available competition platforms there.
Letopisets

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:48:45 PM

"Nearby offers is another core feature of Futourist. Businesses listed on the platform will be able to post business offers for the public to buy. "
Wouldn't it be too intrusive for my location? Will I be able to disable this feature myself?
abbeycrypto

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:51:47 PM

great am interested
Truthfinder76

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:05:43 PM

"Nearby offers is another core feature of Futourist. Businesses listed on the platform will be able to post business offers for the public to buy. "
Wouldn't it be too intrusive for my location? Will I be able to disable this feature myself?
How i understand it mean something like "buy two chickens for 99.99 tokens", you will see it only if you visiting some business or planning to visit and now you checking info about it.
Futourist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 05:08:30 PM

Here are 11 Reasons Why It’s a Good idea to contribute to the Futourist Token Crowdsale:

1. Working product ✔️
2. Realistic Hard Cap ✔️
3. Travel industry✔️

Read more!👇🏻
https://medium.com/futourist/11-reasons-why-its-a-good-idea-to-contribute-to-the-futourist-token-crowdsale-7efec31d7c50

Vasyafet

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:19:21 PM

Our project marketing and promotion of the platform is covered with two resources. First one is 45% Community token allocation. This means we will be giving out 45% of utility tokens to reviewers, curators, users, influencers and potential test companies. These tokens will help us kickstart our project and generate new reviews. Beside that we have allocated 20% of collected funds (ETH) for marketing purposes.

Bloggers and influencers are viable for both of those resources because we want tight connection with influencers.
Oh, thanks, really, i had read this paragraph wrong way.
20% it's great, enough to become popular, especially if remember about:
"At this moment, we do not have a direct competition that would reward the contributors using blockchain. Our
real competition exists in the old economy, with companies like TripAdvisor, Foursquare and Yelp, but they do not
incentivise their users to create quality content with meaningful rewards."

Onatarmedracen

Activity: 180

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:24:20 PM

"A user can act both as A reviewer and a curator at the same time."
 In this case, will the curator be limited to the evaluation of his video? Does this happen in automatic mode? How is the fairness of evaluation guaranteed?

Hi!

That's a good question. Curator will typically just upvote and downvote reviews. He will not be able to do that on his own post.

Fairness of evaluation is guaranteed with the following facts:
- Trusted users will have more voting power (high level accounts)
- The upvote power shall be adapted to the behaviour of each user (if you watch 10 videos and do 10 upvotes, your voting power should not be as high, as someone who gave 1 upvote to the best of 100 watched videos)
- We'll have phone verification at account creation to prevent as much bots being created as possible
- Fraudulent accounts (upvoting spammers, bots that get through,..) will be traced by our AI finding behavioral patterns for such accounts, before the reward is given (there is a time period after the review is created, when the community has their say about the review). We're very glad to have an experienced AI expert in our team, they are very rare to find these days.
Thanks for the full answer. I'm glad you have good professionals. But in the case of such identification, such as phone number, will these measures suffice to eliminate bots completely from the Futourist system?
angrygerl

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:33:34 PM

"Futourist card will enable users to pay with tokens anywhere, where the card is accepted, without having to convert it on exchange..." This is a great innovation. Have a balance of tokens and be able to use them as needed. Many will like it.
Amaureshands

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:33:04 PM

"Futourist card will enable users to pay with tokens anywhere, where the card is accepted, without having to convert it on exchange..." This is a great innovation. Have a balance of tokens and be able to use them as needed. Many will like it.
Especially if many interesting places are introduced into this network in which it will be possible to pay tokens. Such as restaurants cinemas, hotels and much more. It will be really cool.
Badamainleyd

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:59:05 PM

Will there be an application written for the windows phone. Just at the moment, many people have these phones. Do you consider it necessary to write an application for this operating system?
alexsmalex

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:17:51 PM

Will there be an application written for the windows phone. Just at the moment, many people have these phones. Do you consider it necessary to write an application for this operating system?
If you did not know then the share of this system is less than 1% and the developers stopped supporting it. On this I think it would simply not be profitable. Investors do not understand such a waste of money
Waleyoshaniann

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:35:56 PM

"The market cap of travel review industry in 2015 was Worth more than $1 billion in North America alone. "
Prompt, during the ICO team Futourist will not conduct fresh market research with projections for the next two years just for themselves?
Atimarieva

Activity: 251

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:45:01 PM

"The market cap of travel review industry in 2015 was Worth more than $1 billion in North America alone. "
Prompt, during the ICO team Futourist will not conduct fresh market research with projections for the next two years just for themselves?
This is quite an interesting question, but I do not think it's worth spending money on it. I think we can assume that the market will grow because globalization is inevitable. Therefore, the demand for tokens will also grow.
Letopisets

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:45:18 PM

The OpenHours platform has 1 million monthly organic users.They I think will also be active participants of Futourist. New users will be added, who want to earn money. So the demand for tokens will be high.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: