Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:03:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Futourist - travel review platform where you get paid for your content  (Read 15988 times)
Piplaimaineste

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:31:47 AM

Ziga Luksa told why he created Futourist

https://medium.com/futourist/11-reasons-why-its-a-good-idea-to-contribute-to-the-futourist-token-crowdsale-7efec31d7c50

10. Futourist payment card

Do you think the payment card will not be blocked by the government? The payment card will convert the crypto currency
"Futourist card will enable users to pay with tokens anywhere, where the card is accepted, without having to convert it on exchanges." This I consider to be used only by agreement of Futourist and business representative. The card can not be used for crypto-conversion. As I believe, your account on the card will be subtracted tokens at the time of payment for the service or goods.
Seryvolk

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:06:51 AM

This project is very useful, people around the world love to travel! Looking forward to this project!
persefona

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:26:01 AM

Now there are videos on the network, which also tell about the tourist places. Will you use them to pin in your application in the first stage? To show participants how it should look like. If so, will they be paid bonuses?
Such videos can be biased. I think the content should only be from users inside the system, only this way it will be possible to achieve honest and transparent reviews.
alexsmalex

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:59:59 AM

"LONG-TERM FINANCIAL PLAN
• Assumes revenue in Q1 2019
• Part of the funds from the Crowdsale will be continuously distributed back to our community with a goal of
Awareness spread
• Assumes break-even point in late 2019 "
Is it possible to assume that this period will be the time of stabilization of your token in the market of crypto-currency? and further increase the value of the token.
In my opinion, in the long term, tokens will definitely grow, so this service will have a huge demand. Moreover, people will be motivated by the possibility of earnings, which will give the token additional popularity.
PchelkaMaja95

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:10:52 AM

"... 'll allocate a large amount of tokens for the early adopters and initial review rewards... "
I understood correctly what participants who give reviews on the city or place that appears on your card for the first time will receive more tokens for participation in the contest? How will the case be when new videos are added? How often will the contest be updated?
Andreinethab

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:47:45 AM

The project team staff I have been concerned about before, their strength is very strong. The project is planned in great detail and it is expected that it will be implemented.
As for me the concept itself is very successful I think it is the future of development in general of this whole sphere. I would like to say that if you buy tokens at a bargain price, then the prospect will be unambiguous.
Dorbaraco

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:21:58 PM

"... 'll allocate a large amount of tokens for the early adopters and initial review rewards... "
I understood correctly what participants who give reviews on the city or place that appears on your card for the first time will receive more tokens for participation in the contest? How will the case be when new videos are added? How often will the contest be updated?
Oh, I generally do not understand how this will work and who will determine the amount of compensation? Why the first users will receive more is not the same as mining.
Futourist (OP)

Activity: 172

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 01:07:16 PM

you paltform don't work  Undecided Undecided

What specific issue are you facing ?

Futourist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 01:11:36 PM

"LONG-TERM FINANCIAL PLAN
• Assumes revenue in Q1 2019
• Part of the funds from the Crowdsale will be continuously distributed back to our community with a goal of
Awareness spread
• Assumes break-even point in late 2019 "
Is it possible to assume that this period will be the time of stabilization of your token in the market of crypto-currency? and further increase the value of the token.

Yes! Stabilisation is also connected to the moment we give out every single one of community tokens.

Breathe

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:20:52 PM

This project is very useful, people around the world love to travel! Looking forward to this project!

Yes, the project is really good, but for investors, as I understood it, the calculation is more for the long term. I do not really understand when the platform starts its work. But I think the demand for tokens will be very high.
Truthfinder76

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:02:59 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 04:34:15 PM by Truthfinder76

Personally, your Futourist app will make a profit from the businesses that take part in the video review? I mean in the form of a separate fee for advertising their business. Has this been discussed with one of the participants of the tourism industry?
In any case, this will work as a large ecosystem, so I would like to understand how it will be possible to receive the maximum reward as a user from this, that would motivate future trips in the future.
Hah, i did never think about this, but you can create a fake review if hotel will pay you for this. People that have never been in this hotel may upvote your review.
imacmagic

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:16:15 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 04:40:17 PM by imacmagic

Can a business buy all the tokens right now and in the future how can it manipulate the system? How it will all be tracked. I have not quite understood this yet. If the owner of the hotel buys a lot of tokens, he can roll out his business?
alfametr

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:19:03 PM

I, I will follow and participate in the project
Vasyafet

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:41:10 PM

Can a business buy all the tokens right now and in the future how can it manipulate the system? How it will all be tracked. I have not really understood this yet. If the owner of the hotel buys a lot of tokens, he can roll out his business?
Business can promote himself, like a advertising, it's a feature of the platform and why it should be tracked?
Futourist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:52:38 PM

Can a business buy all the tokens right now and in the future how can it manipulate the system? How it will all be tracked. I have not quite understood this yet. If the owner of the hotel buys a lot of tokens, he can roll out his business?

I will try to answer this with an example. One of business models we will offer is creating "Discount offers" where businesses who hold FTR tokens create time limited offers that users can buy. Imagine Happy Hour 50% discount on certain drink or food. Obviously all offers have limited target of users interested for that offer - numbers vary from town size, location, period etc. Once we establish and understand each offer audience is limited we know that spending more and more tokens wont increase that audience. So companies that acquire a lot of FTR tokens (in ICO phase or at any later time) are not limited by the platform but by simple supply/demand dynamic on the market. Other business models like creating competitions are again focused around specific location, audience or interest group which is limited by default. So in any scenario a business that acquires large quantities of FTR will have to spend them slowly and controlled and will NOT be able to manipulate platform.

Futourist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:59:09 PM

Yes, the project is really good, but for investors, as I understood it, the calculation is more for the long term. I do not really understand when the platform starts its work. But I think the demand for tokens will be very high.

Futourist is built on top of existing platform OpenHours that has over 1mio monthly users. This starting point will enable Futourist to add new features really quickly and start creating review contests funded from Community token pool. Therefore first FTR will go to community relatively shortly after the ICO. In order to calibrate contests to their "final form" we intend to start with few smaller contests - most likely focused on certain Geolocation full of reviewers and early adopters. Once the contests and their final form is finalised we will start with global contests - again funded from Community token pool. At that point businesses will be able to enter platform and start spending tokens - creating demand on exchange, triggering higher token velocity that leads to price growth.

Futourist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 05:06:49 PM

I'm not quite sure if I understand the question but if the question is about reward distribution I can explain. For reward distribution we are using Pareto distribution. Each contest will have start and end period. On end date of the contest we create a pool of users who entered the contest + their reviews. Users are then ranked by their success and put on the Pareto distribution chart that looks like this:

https://subversion.american.edu/aisaac/notes/images/pareto-smallvals.png

If you look at the curve closely you can see the first few users reward is the highest BUT all users are part of the contest reward pool. Even the last user will receive a portion of tokens. This is called Long Tail rewarding and its intended to motivate and reward all users participating in contests.

Videos will still be handled with Pareto distribution but the time period will be different - most likely on 1 day (24h) period.

Hakamura

Activity: 294
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:14:53 PM

I agree, the project looks grandiose, but I do not really understand how the system will distinguish true reviews from those who will write specifically for example.
will there be a rating of users who provided the most honest and objective feedback?
Futourist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 05:16:38 PM

I've been thinking about this project for a long time. It is important that feedback can not be faked. Have you thought about writing a user's gps location in a blockchain that leaves a comment?

We intend to handle fake reviews by building solid AI which is able to detect most of the fake reviews. We are aware building good AI takes a lot of data (in order to build a solid model) so this feature cannot be rushed - but when the platform grows globally it will be ready. Beside that, this is a blockchain project, staking tokens isn't really a new concept so we can always look into that.
GPS location can easily be spoofed on client side (remember Pokemon GO users spoofing location in order to acquire exotic Pokemons) and also, requiring GPS locations is something we wouldn't want to enforce to our users who are honest (privacy). 

Futourist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 05:17:43 PM

you paltform don't work  Undecided Undecided

Do tell more. We are here to discuss and answer any possible question you might have.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: