Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:22:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KryptMiner - 20th/s @ 800w (a new magical miner / scam?)  (Read 1837 times)
wavelengthsf (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:26:26 PM

Seems like there is a new magical miner:

https://intellogence.com/powermonitor

The KryptMiner PowerProcessor Card is at the heart of every KryptMiner system and features its own super-efficient switch-mode power supply and utilizes a proprietary TSMC 16nm FinFET ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) low-power number-crunching core technology. Each PowerProcessor card has 200 such ASICs sharing the work load and crunching our proprietary algorithm for optimal performance.

The process is overseen by our patent-pending PowerFace front-end management system that connects directly to a Gigabit Ethernet for instant delivery and features a Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) reprogrammable management processor to ensure KryptMiner never becomes obsolete as mining evolves and allowing you to stay ahead of the game today and long into the future.

Specs from site:
https://i.imgur.com/dkNMjYl.png

Of course, it is likely a scam, as their address is a Regus business center. Pricing says its $2k per 20th unit.

Also, based on what page you look at, the power draws between 600, 800, and 1kw.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Demon Slick

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:13:25 AM

I'll let you know, I ordered one. Supposed to arrive early February. I never heard of these things before, and I've been shopping ASICs hard. Suprisingly, they had a website, there were units available, they allowed me to order just one unit, and they let me use my amex, with all of the awesome buyer protections that entails. They can't really rip me off. Not like those BTC only sites where your BTC is gone forever once you hit send. The site description said 20T, and so did the "profitability calculation" page, but the specs said 15T. Cost me 5k USD including overnight shipping. They expect it to arrive first week of January and ship it right out to me. Built in 110/220 power supply. It even comes with a cord.
*****I do not vouch for or endorse this product, and I'm not even saying it exists. If I get my hands on one, I'll post a thread unbox/setup/demo thing, unless somebody else beats me to it.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1704

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 01:50:11 PM

SCAM ALERT.

It's a fake miner, the picture I saw about it was a early version black color steel tube Avalon6 miner.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:54:42 PM

I'll let you know, I ordered one. Supposed to arrive early February. I never heard of these things before, and I've been shopping ASICs hard. Suprisingly, they had a website, there were units available, they allowed me to order just one unit, and they let me use my amex, with all of the awesome buyer protections that entails. They can't really rip me off. Not like those BTC only sites where your BTC is gone forever once you hit send. The site description said 20T, and so did the "profitability calculation" page, but the specs said 15T. Cost me 5k USD including overnight shipping. They expect it to arrive first week of January and ship it right out to me. Built in 110/220 power supply. It even comes with a cord.
*****I do not vouch for or endorse this product, and I'm not even saying it exists. If I get my hands on one, I'll post a thread unbox/setup/demo thing, unless somebody else beats me to it.

LOL Lets ask ourselves one question.  If the product is not real (and its 100% not real) why would they allow CC payment???  You should cancel that CC fast, and let AMEX know their may be a fraudulent company accepting their CC's.  You should also watch you CC statements as you just gave your vitals to a scammer!
The Demon Slick

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:49:15 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.upwork.com/mobile/amp/jobs/~014432f30dba6dca3b

You, you're hired, start coding we ship in 3 weeks!
Watching the cc like a hawk. Not even a. 01 confirmation charge out of place. They took the 5k USD and that was it so far. The charge occurred within the US. California. So far everything looks like it should. Adress in a tech area San Francisco. I'm going to let it ride.

Edit- anybody uber smart have a look at the control board at their site?
The Demon Slick

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:46:10 PM

So the place is in Newport beach, not SF, that was the credit card processing company Square (Uber also has it's HQ in that building). In Newport Beach, 500 Birch st, West Tower, suite 3000. It's an office building owned by Regus. It's full of the usual dentists lawyers and health equipment shippers, along with a bunch of internet start ups. I'm fascinated by the buildings surrounding it. Monex. COMAC. Jazz semiconductor. Pence wealth management. Bitcentral. And hey, there's the chamber of commerce right across from the Der Weinerschnitzel. Man that place has some good onion rings. So yeah, they rent temp office space there, Regus does, fully furnished, but it aint cheap. And, tbh, there's no way that all of the people listed in suite 3000 could actually be in suite 3000, unless it's an extremely large suite. Not trying to convince anybody. Well... maybe myself a little, but I'm already committed. There's going to be a lot of Chinese workers from COMAC, and lots of US based techs in that little area, maybe somebody got together. Or maybe it's made up vaporware and everything disappears. I'm still hoping one of you ckt board guys will take a look at the control board picture they posted on the kryptminer website. I looked at other boards and I didn't see that it's an exact duplicate of anything I could find, but I'm not pro at that.
Check back in a month I guess. I promise to admit I got scammed, even if it's embarrassing after everybody said don't do it.
Cheers!
krisgt30

Activity: 461
Merit: 306

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 02:34:05 AM

Just get a replacement credit card as a safety precaution and cancel this one. Then you don’t have to worry about any future unauthorized purchases. I would definitely be interested in hearing what happens on this as they are offering more secure purchases than other fly by night companies.

www.bcmonster.com Multi pool, pools for BTC, BCA, LCC, KMD, HUSH and ZEN -Donate:1QGZQBhXMo2jVc45wLEsp2bn5agF8SZSuY
wavelengthsf (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:15:24 PM

I emailed them asking for more info and pictures or video to prove it is real.

They sent me an email saying that they have no pictures of any of their units yet, and that their lab was busy working on it. When I asked how they got the specs, they said that's their targets.

The contact ("Zy") said that their first chips and PCBs come in the first week of feb. However, they would send me images. I told them that sending a review unit to trusted people here would be the best thing to do.

Haven't heard back yet, except for putting pressure saying the price will be going up soon.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:50:20 PM

They sent me an email saying that they have no pictures of any of their units yet, and that their lab was busy working on it. When I asked how they got the specs, they said that's their targets.

The contact ("Zy") said that their first chips and PCBs come in the first week of feb. However, they would send me images. I told them that sending a review unit to trusted people here would be the best thing to do.

Haven't heard back yet, except for putting pressure saying the price will be going up soon.

Its not fucking real, seriously anyone questioning the validity of this vaporware neads their head examined...

As was already pointed out the picture of their miner is actually an Avalon A6.

low-power number-crunching core technology.
WTF is that horse shit, seriously can you say buzz words that mean nothing at all?Huh

patent-pending PowerFace front-end management system that connects directly to a Gigabit Ethernet for instant delivery
Seriously more buzz words with no relevance or meaning in the mining world...

and features a Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) reprogrammable management processor to ensure KryptMiner never becomes obsolete as mining evolves and allowing you to stay ahead of the game today and long into the future.
Well good thing they have an FPGA controller so this thing can mine forever...  How can anyone believe this nonsense??

I can't believe anyone thinks for 1 second there is even a .001% this is real, I mean holy shit its a bad scam.
wavelengthsf (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:54:32 PM

Agreed, there's no way this is real. Was just posting more information pointing to that.
The Demon Slick

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:26:37 AM

I did too, here is their reply:

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your interest in our products, for being a pioneer and for placing an order with us.

We got involved in this market very late. Infact, it was the exodus of the Chinese mining companies that led us to develop our current technology. Late last year we were approached by a large Chinese mining operation to find a location for them to setup a mining facility here in the US, a location capable of operating 100,000 rigs. At the time, the focus was all about being energy efficient. It was then that we realized that there was a better way of doing things and began working with our current chip supplier to develop something we consider to be a gamechanger.

We developed a design based on an FPGA platform that operates at sub 1V at 16nm. An architecture which provides for a very fast and power-efficient core, allowing us to make the bold claims you see. And since we are fully FPGA, our product can be reprogrammed to crunch literally any algorithm (work in progress). So the theory is that as market demand dictates, you can switch from one algorithm to another, so that you are not left holding onto a very large and expensive boat anchor. And then it was simply a packaging exercise, so we packed 128 cards into a modified rack system and called it our PowerServer. Our core business is to produce systems for the bigger mining operations, and it was only a few weeks ago that we decided to take on the Bitmain market with our PowerDrive product.

We sub-contract our manufacture to a partner here in the US and expect our first units to arrive sometime in February. I'm pretty certain you will be very pleased with the unit we created and will be very interested to get your feedback after you try it and if you're not entirely happy then simply return it to us for a full refund.

And please remember, if at any time you feel uncomfortable, simply reach out to me at and we will cancel your order and issue you a full refund, no questions asked.

Once again, thank you for your support.

Regards,

Glenn

KryptMiner Logo 2
The Demon Slick

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:34:17 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 12:48:16 AM by The Demon Slick

No cc charges out of place. Noob is gonna let it ride. (edit - I set up an alert to my phone of any charges are made to that card)

If Chinese mining conglomerates are buying powerservers bitmain is screwed, and maybe us too. Like server blades instead of asic units. If that's real, it's like Baiukal Giants for btc.
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:54:25 AM

Using FPGAs!  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:01:22 AM

No cc charges out of place. Noob is gonna let it ride. (edit - I set up an alert to my phone of any charges are made to that card)

If Chinese mining conglomerates are buying powerservers bitmain is screwed, and maybe us too. Like server blades instead of asic units. If that's real, it's like Baiukal Giants for btc.

Just wait till credit card bills start to show up at you place for CC you don't have.  They have your address, name and a valid CC #, do you have any idea how much they can do with just those limited pieces of information?

Dude FPGA K, nuff said yet?

LOL OMG Bitmain killer these fucking things DO NOT EXIST so ya LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Clearly no amount of logic will get you to see straight at this point, your desperation and FOMO have gotten the better of your logical reasoning because holy fucking shit man what they are saying is literally impossible...

Anyone else reading this don't fall for this really really bad scam, You've been warned!

Where's NotWarmFuzzy with his SEO banner when you need him!  Cheesy
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:13:44 AM

The fact that these people are actually trying to make it look legit is sad. A 16nm FPGA outperforming 16nm ASICs? What a world we live in...

From what I've been able to gather through a WHOIS search, seems like the domain was registered around July 2017. Definitely not legit but I like to look into things like this.
The Demon Slick

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:49:30 AM

Look I'm not desperate or whatever, I have s9s coming, I'm not depending on this. I'm fully aware of the risks. And I'm taking them. You guys don't have to do a thing, just sit back and watch. Sure, you're prolly right, there's no such thing. There's never such a thing, until one day there is. I've minimized the risks as much as possible, and I'm rolling the dice. I have credit monitoring so if anything bad happens I'll know about it fairly quickly.  Somebody bought the first antminer. And the first Avalon. It was probably a big risk for them, buying a machine nobody had seen before. And sure, lots of people paid for vaporware. It could go that way too. I'm prepared to be disappointed. I'm going to wait and see what happens. I'll be sure to keep you posted.
In the meantime if anyone who knows control boards would be willing to take a look at the one they have pictured at thier website I'd really love to know what you think of it. I haven't gotten any feedback on that yet. Like I said before, all I know to do is compare it to pictures of existing machines boards, and see if it's a duplicate. I don't see that it is, but I'd love to hear what you think of it.
Druiz287

Activity: 56
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:01:19 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 04:12:29 AM by Druiz287

I googled.  Would they risk it with PAYPAL?  The seller is obviously new, as is the product.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KryptMiner-Cryptocurrency-Mining-Rig-20THash-FASTEST-MINER-ON-THE-MARKET-/122908289166

Edit: they may be in very early stages of development.  I'd suspect selling optimism rather than outright scamming:

https://www.upwork.com/job/KryptMiner_~018755c82728dd1e42/

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:20:54 AM

I googled.  Would they risk it with PAYPAL?  The seller is obviously new, as is the product.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KryptMiner-Cryptocurrency-Mining-Rig-20THash-FASTEST-MINER-ON-THE-MARKET-/122908289166

Edit: they may be in very early stages of development.  I'd suspect selling optimism rather than outright scamming:

If someone told you that they had a pedal bicycle that could go faster than the fastest motor cycle on the planet would you call that selling optimism or a scam?
thecoder2012

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:34:06 AM

Very new but paypal and short delivery date are really nice but I think it's not real in the next time. And $5k is high for nothing.  Grin
The Demon Slick

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:05:03 PM

If someone told you that they had a pedal bicycle that could go faster than the fastest motor cycle on the planet would you call that selling optimism or a scam?

Before the first ASICs, FPGAs were the way to go for btc mining. Since that time, ASICs have gotten much faster, much better, much more powerful. FPGAs were left behind by the btc community. But not by everybody. They continued to evolve, just as ASICs did. They also became better, stronger, faster, more powerful. Maybe it's time someone revisited them. I'm not willing to dismiss them out of hand.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: