Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:30:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of stake is more popular.  (Read 430 times)
Onomsum (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:22:48 PM

Across the board.
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&q=proof%20of%20stake,proof%20of%20work
And also becoming more popular in the united states.
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&geo=US&q=proof%20of%20stake,proof%20of%20work

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

anyone know where to stake any coins pool style?
i'm staking every 3 minutes at just-dice but that's the only place i've found so far, for any proof of stake coin.
Ru1016

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:32:26 PM

Agreed we are moving that direction. And by “we” i mean sentiment. But i think the key will be not just proof of stake, but delegated proof of stake. Apart from the “golds” and value storing cpins where proof of work has a ton of value, 2018 will be the year for shifting to dpos for functional utility in my opinion
Onomsum (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:38:57 PM

so, would any sort of pooled method of staking be kind of like an unofficial way of delegated stakes?
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:49:18 PM

I think people are beginning to realize mining is chewing up way to much energy while also consolidating power to the point that even Bitcoin isn't considered decentralized anymore.  I'm a big fan of PoS because even a basic crypto-user can understand how to down, install, and stake their coins.  I'm staking DeepOnion and getting 1-3 coins a day... great passive income while holding for the future.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Onomsum (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:02:45 PM

looked at deeponion, was trying to find a chart of the network weight  Huh
I'm hooked on the clams and just-dice because i get paid my stake shares every three minutes. Dunno if i'll find anything with a frequency of payout that i like
inillo

Activity: 254
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:10:04 PM

Across the board.
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&q=proof%20of%20stake,proof%20of%20work
And also becoming more popular in the united states.
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&geo=US&q=proof%20of%20stake,proof%20of%20work

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

anyone know where to stake any coins pool style?
i'm staking every 3 minutes at just-dice but that's the only place i've found so far, for any proof of stake coin.

There quite a few PoS coins out there, and not just the relatively unknown sh?tcoins, but well know ones such as NEO and WAVES. Those two are easy to stake, although they don´t give a huge return.
inillo

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:11:33 PM

I think people are beginning to realize mining is chewing up way to much energy while also consolidating power to the point that even Bitcoin isn't considered decentralized anymore.  I'm a big fan of PoS because even a basic crypto-user can understand how to down, install, and stake their coins.  I'm staking DeepOnion and getting 1-3 coins a day... great passive income while holding for the future.

I would be very interested in how to stake my Onions (not that I have a lot but...) Could you provide a link with information about this one. I think the coin has plenty of room to grow.
ujinice

Activity: 574
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:16:36 PM

Very popular due to the lack of miners and low transaction costs compared to PoW.
Onomsum (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:25:05 PM

I think people are beginning to realize mining is chewing up way to much energy while also consolidating power to the point that even Bitcoin isn't considered decentralized anymore.  I'm a big fan of PoS because even a basic crypto-user can understand how to down, install, and stake their coins.  I'm staking DeepOnion and getting 1-3 coins a day... great passive income while holding for the future.

I would be very interested in how to stake my Onions (not that I have a lot but...) Could you provide a link with information about this one. I think the coin has plenty of room to grow.
i thought about checking it out myself, but i don't have accounts with the exchanges.

just click that guys link and download the wallet i presume, you can stake for ur pc i think

also working faucet link would be cool  Grin
buytheeffinD

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 09:26:39 PM

I like POS coins a lot more than POW coins but that is probably because I don't have a miner and I'll admit there is a bias there.

Google deeponion stacking or deeponion staking and got a bunch of hits take your pick Smiley

https://deeponion.org/community/threads/deeponion-video-how-to-earn-onions-with-stacking.11787/

https://steemit.com/crypto/@sowellsvt/deeponion-tor-wallet-staking-tutorial

https://medium.com/@bykardinal/deeponion-staking-guide-66fce0ecc901

https://deeponion.org/community/threads/deeponion-wallet-staking-tutorial.31/

inillo

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:09:20 PM

Staking is probably the best mechanish technically due to the low use of power and the relatively low transaction fees. By staking Waves you get some very interesting tokens. I just do it for fun really.
herromerro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:21:52 AM

Many investors want to see some more incentive except value increase. And I'm seeing more projects are implying pos as I can follow.
Fluffinfinity

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:40:39 AM

Proof  of stake's becoming more popular because of many bounty and campaigns that helps our member to earn money easier. It was very popular for it's very known even for newbies.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 12:42:45 AM

Proof of stake is not that popular, it came as a hype and a rewarding way but it does not solve anything. Masternodes are much more popular as they are an alternative to power hungry mining process.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:47:49 AM

Do you even realize how dumb it sounds like? You just tried to compare two search requests. Even if PoS realy gained some more followers then miserable growth may be shown as a huge % growth. Like we had 1 miner and 1 more joined him this year so the coin gained +100% of followers.
Many investors want to see some more incentive except value increase. And I'm seeing more projects are implying pos as I can follow.
That is a simple greed that in most cases will lead do money loses. Don't forget that PoS mining is a favorite thing of MLM scammers and other trash.

kdn

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:52:06 AM

waste of time man, l did it for 30 days and got a few cents worth.
herromerro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:58:21 AM

Do you even realize how dumb it sounds like? You just tried to compare two search requests. Even if PoS realy gained some more followers then miserable growth may be shown as a huge % growth. Like we had 1 miner and 1 more joined him this year so the coin gained +100% of followers.
That is a simple greed that in most cases will lead do money loses. Don't forget that PoS mining is a favorite thing of MLM scammers and other trash.

One side is greed but it could also prevent the manupulations. Many people would want to hold or invest in long term. Even value doesn't go up too much, there will be benefit. Of course there should be a way to use those coins and burn them and stake new ones.
I prefer pos. But not basic one, complicated.
I'm sick of manupulations.
CryptoForEveryone

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 08:37:00 AM

Delegated Proof of Stake is more eco friendly.
What do you guys think about DPoS?
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:00:25 AM

waste of time man, l did it for 30 days and got a few cents worth.

Either your choice of coin was wrong or you invested just a few dollars. Staking PoS v3 coins is currently the best way to get a steady income from crypto assets.

Take a look at this:

These are real figures of a DMD's masternode rewards.

And it can be done with a Raspberry Pi!

Check it out:

https://diamond-info.github.io/

andeonnut

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:44:19 AM

Arion is getting listed on CryptoBridge!

I'm staking it.

Info:
MUTUAL REVIVAL DISCORD: discord.gg/dM33yQ4
ARION DISCORD: discord.gg/G6bWTPp
FACEBOOK: facebook.com/arioncoinoffic…
TWITTER: twitter.com/ARION_COIN
TELEGRAM: t.me/arioncoinoffic…

$$$

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All