Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:49:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PONDER: DECENTRALIZED MATCHMAKING : Revolutionizing How People Meet  (Read 2018 times)
theponderapp (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 04:05:48 PM

I don't think that this type of service require blockchain. Blockchain is not mechanism for secure storage, more important is reliable and clever InfoSec system.
And how you planning to fight abusers? What will happen if somebody register many accounts and make one of them matchmaker which choose other account to date each other and earn from every date?

Apparently the administration already has mechanisms for solving fraud issues and other mechanisms to get tokens. 1000 dollars for the couple getting married. How to avoid fraud in this case, I do not really understand.

And from what funds will these awards be paid? I certainly understand that this is a good motivation but at the same time it is an impressive amount of money. I want to understand where this will come from.

The funds are owed from the person who gets married.  Everything is p2p
Zulkin0s

Activity: 87
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:26:13 PM

The funds are owed from the person who gets married.  Everything is p2p
Okay, so system don't pay anyone by itself? How are you going to challenge existing dating services like Tinder? As I remember most of them are barely-free, and don't need user to pay for date.
angrygerl

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:28:00 PM

"Ponder Gold holders can offer other services to token holders such as singles events or relationship advice, with the ability to charge for their services..."
This is a great place to work psychologists who could apply their skills in practice. At the same time and earn on consultations.
Katabiamorambe

Activity: 116

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:38:21 PM

I don't think that this type of service require blockchain. Blockchain is not mechanism for secure storage, more important is reliable and clever InfoSec system.
And how you planning to fight abusers? What will happen if somebody register many accounts and make one of them matchmaker which choose other account to date each other and earn from every date?

Apparently the administration already has mechanisms for solving fraud issues and other mechanisms to get tokens. 1000 dollars for the couple getting married. How to avoid fraud in this case, I do not really understand.
It's just unreal even theoretically. Even if the will try to check documents, how they can to know it's real wedding or only for money. Maybe you can say about time spended together but real man can say goodbye, my wife, goodbye after 5 years as good as scammer.
I understand that with the help of Blockchain you can check the marriage data of a married couple, but the riddle for me is how to check that they do not draw divorce in a week. In this case, what protection mechanisms can be used?
You quote my message but don't read it? Real couple can divorce in a five years as good as scammers. Try to imagine how they can be catched, i can't. But for now i'm don't finished read about project , maybe answer is somwhere in whitepaper
Forgive me for not being able to understand your question correctly. We ask the same thing. Fictitious marriages are very often done for the purpose of fraud. I agree with your thought, but just wanted to clarify.
orchideja75

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:21:20 PM

I read your White paper and I like your profit models. The beta version has already 70 000 participants. During the period of this version, the platform has already been paid for participation in matchmaker, I mean marriage?
theponderapp (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 06:14:39 PM

Okay, so system don't pay anyone by itself? How are you going to challenge existing dating services like Tinder? As I remember most of them are barely-free, and don't need user to pay for date.

Please inform yourself a bit more and read the WP.  The entire concept of Ponder is vastly different than Tinder or other services.  With Ponder you don't have the option to like a profile or anything unless they were suggested to you by a matchmaker.
Andreinethab

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:27:06 PM

Please inform yourself a bit more and read the WP.  The entire concept of Ponder is vastly different than Tinder or other services.  With Ponder you don't have the option to like a profile or anything unless they were suggested to you by a matchmaker.

Yes, the project has really great prospects and I think it can really help people. But I just do not understand what kind of earnings for investors. In addition to course trading on the stock exchange
sotitychoo

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:44:42 PM

I read your White paper and I like your profit models. The beta version has already 70 000 participants. During the period of this version, the platform has already been paid for participation in matchmaker, I mean marriage?
As I understand it will be introduced after the start of the project. At the moment, the tests were on another platform, which in essence merge with this one.
theponderapp (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 06:55:53 PM

Yes, the project has really great prospects and I think it can really help people. But I just do not understand what kind of earnings for investors. In addition to course trading on the stock exchange

Earnings for investors?  Let's clarify something here.  Ponder Gold token is NOT a security.  Therefore, investors should not expect income as if they were holding a stock.  Ponder Gold token is a commodity.  The price of that commodity will fluctuate based on supply and demand for the services that commodity provides.  In the case of Ponder Gold, the token is required for a number of features in the platform (and future features).  So if you believe in the product, buy it!

Also, as a sidenote, if you read the Ponder token sale site, you will see the Founder and CEO has previous experience as an investment banker.  I'm not sure if you recognize the importance of this or not, but it means he knows how to close deals.  That should bode well when it comes to getting listed on different exchanges and other things to provide a liquidity boost for the token.
Barryeinz

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:06:10 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 08:53:30 PM by Barryeinz

I think this is a really good option for investment, which will increase the capital even over the next year as the project will have a very large audience around the world.

gixon

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:06:58 PM

Great idea good luck to the developers!
brainwashed

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:33:13 PM

Great idea good luck to the developers!
Yes, the product is really worth attention, so its audience should be huge and it will positively influence the price of the token in the future. Because the demand will constantly grow.
manshu1999

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:58:50 PM

Hi, interesting idea. I think that success can be in case of good advertising. Many people see themselves in the role of matchmaker. Your difference from the agencies, I understand, is that I can wooing only my acquaintances?

Ponder is a platform for playing matchmaker for others where you earn money by making successful matches. You can play matchmaker for friends, but you can also do so for strangers. Therefore, both single and married people can use Ponder. For singles Ponder is a way to get a curated stream of quality prospects that have been suggested by friends or a community of motivated matchmakers.
manshu1999

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:06:09 PM

Hello. Please tell us, if the Union's success, payment for the services of the matchmaker will be paid in dollars or your tokens? After all, to use the usual currency will need to register a purse. Will you take a commission from every successful union?

There are two parts to the platform. The part that currently exists is 'general matchmaking' where you can matchmake anyone in the whole community. In this, fiat currency is used as the means for value exchange. If a matchmaker successfully matches two singles (who both say 'like' on each other), then the matchmaker earns $10, and each of the two singles pays $10. Therefore we, the platform, earn $10 for each union. With the release of the Ponder Gold token, this will confer VIP benefits on all token holders in this general matchmaking. Singles will be shown to the best matchmakers, and matchmakers will see the most active singles, increasing their match rate and earning more fiat money.

The second part to the platform, which will be developed by July, is 'group matchmaking'. Here users can create their own sub-community eg. yogis in santa clara, mormons in Miami, etc. The owner of the group sets the rules, including entrance criteria and entrance price. The value exchange within these sub-communities are entirely based on tokens - there is no fiat currency involved. Successful matchmakers earn tokens, and matched singles pay tokens. Ponder gets a commission on each match that occurs as well as each entrance payment.

manshu1999

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:12:12 PM

It's just unreal even theoretically. Even if the will try to check documents, how they can to know it's real wedding or only for money. Maybe you can say about time spended together but real man can say goodbye, my wife, goodbye after 5 years as good as scammer.

First rule of apps - if people are trying to game you, then you are probably already successful. People are actually caring about your platform enough such that they are trying to game you.

However, if this happens there are various means we have thought through about how to tackle this. With marriages we will insist that we have a photographer at the wedding. This will provide proof that the wedding was real, and we will also have great wedding photos as testimonials. The payment for marriages can be seen as a very high ROI marketing spend. There are going to be a few hundred weddings each year, when we're at scale. Making that kind of payment for getting the best possible testimonial on the success of your service is worth it.
titovnn

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:19:57 PM

Hello, team. Do I get it right that ponder is more of a game than a real dating application or something? And I also do not understand why does it need blockchain?
Onatarmedracen

Activity: 180

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:22:47 PM

Hello. Please tell us, if the Union's success, payment for the services of the matchmaker will be paid in dollars or your tokens? After all, to use the usual currency will need to register a purse. Will you take a commission from every successful union?

There are two parts to the platform. The part that currently exists is 'general matchmaking' where you can matchmake anyone in the whole community. In this, fiat currency is used as the means for value exchange. If a matchmaker successfully matches two singles (who both say 'like' on each other), then the matchmaker earns $10, and each of the two singles pays $10. Therefore we, the platform, earn $10 for each union. With the release of the Ponder Gold token, this will confer VIP benefits on all token holders in this general matchmaking. Singles will be shown to the best matchmakers, and matchmakers will see the most active singles, increasing their match rate and earning more fiat money.

The second part to the platform, which will be developed by July, is 'group matchmaking'. Here users can create their own sub-community eg. yogis in santa clara, mormons in Miami, etc. The owner of the group sets the rules, including entrance criteria and entrance price. The value exchange within these sub-communities are entirely based on tokens - there is no fiat currency involved. Successful matchmakers earn tokens, and matched singles pay tokens. Ponder gets a commission on each match that occurs as well as each entrance payment.

Thanks for such an answer, I'm just going through the terms. The question in dollars now fallen itself. Dollars on the platform are called internal tokens PONDER (at the rate 1:1 to the US dollar). They are needed to maintain a positive balance of the gameforge purse.
manshu1999

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:29:39 PM

There is a simple profitable business model already there, where each match leads to a commission to the platform.

The existing dating services have very low success rates. For men match rates are about 0.5%, which means that you need to swipe right 200 times before you get one match. This incentivizes men to swipe right all the time. Women get a lot of matches, but many of the guys are not interested in them because they've been swiping mindlessly. Therefore only 1 out of 20 matches on Tinder actually leads to a conversation. And then ~10% of those conversations lead to a date. So the probability of seeing someone on Tinder and actually going on a date with them is 0.0025%.

We've already seeing that Ponder's match rate is significantly higher than the industry average. For friend matchmaking, we are finding it to be 6x the industry average. So we'll be able to disrupt this industry by better success rates, less time wasted and better behavior (less douchey/flaky).
manshu1999

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:36:37 PM

The service needs the blockchain because the group matchmaking feature is decentralized matchmaking. Users are effectively creating their own matchmaking business where they set the rules for entry, the prices, and the method of sharing the spoils from successful matches. The blockchain provides a system for tracking and securing the token-based value exchange between the different members of the group.

Secondly, we also are looking for people to create their own applications on top of the Ponder platform. These decentralized apps provide additional value to the community and our blockchain-based platform provides a means for them to participate in the token economy.
luchik.009

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:45:07 PM

The idea is interesting.
Will participants  know that they are in the project?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: