Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:07:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is ICO ?  (Read 526 times)
SimplyEverything

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

Escrow

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:06:43 PM

Pretty new to cryptos, and I have bought ADA,XRP and NEO...

Reading a lot about ICO's but cannot really figure out what ICO's are...

Any anyone explain me the fundamentals ?
Easiest way to explain ICO
This company "Babahaha" has came up with an idea and the problem they face is money issue.
So they need to raise funds so they need people to contribute in return you get tokens to keep and those tokens has benefit for early contributors.
You can be
Long term investors - keeping the token knowing their benefit and stuff you study about the company.
Short term investors - knowing the surface and sell it when it hit the exchange
So always know what is the ICO about before paying or submitting your KYC if needed

-Peace-
arunakiran

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:08:08 PM

ICO means Initial Coin Offering. It means collecting funds from public or private by offering coins for further business development.
Once the ICO is over, then it will be listed in exchanges. From exchanges anyone can participate to buy coins
Dmitriy_crypto

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:15:09 PM

I am also new at this, i may be not right, but ICO for me is new company witch offer coins, which are new to the community and are for the community. It is like a startup, you fund it  and hope that they will go to the market and realize the idea. They raise funds to develop the projects they develop. If i am wrong someone can explain me more, thank you.
kingcoiner001

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:17:16 PM

ICO is the abbreviation of Initial Coin Offering. It means that someone offers investors some units of a new cryptocurrency or crypto-token in exchange against cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum. Since 2013 ICOs are often used to fund the development of new cryptocurrencies. The pre-created token can be easily sold and traded on all cryptocurrency exchanges if there is demand for them.
Vladiik4

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:26:49 PM

Hello, in my understanding ICO is like one of the ways of transparent financing of projects, launching projects using a block chain network. the very purpose of the ICO is to raise funds for the development of projects that they develop. I tried to describe it, as I understand it myself.
Xtra_Coin

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:31:13 PM

I basically agree with many statements, but only I understand that when you invest in ICO you do not just buy a coin of this company, but buy a part of the shares of this company.

bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:52:12 PM

I basically agree with many statements, but only I understand that when you invest in ICO you do not just buy a coin of this company, but buy a part of the shares of this company.

ICO stands for initian coin offering. As it abbreviation. Is help to for the tock process. ICO is good opportunity for the tock project work. So you will know about ico you will check tha market place. Most of the coin in the Market places. So it will helpful to future improvement and tock investment.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Igromania

Activity: 320

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:52:39 PM

Google is full of information on this subject. Why ask such questions? Really hard to devote ten minutes of your time and to find information in Google?
gazilla

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:29:52 PM

ICO stands Initial Coin Offering and also sometimes called ITO Initial Token Offering, is when coins or tokens of a project are put on sale, so it basically means the sale date of that coin or token
efeyigit399

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:13:05 AM

ico is the most reliable for currencies. During the ico period people hear and invest in the project. ico period is the period when patience people raise their money
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:02:37 AM

ICO is, by and large, a fundraising process, thanks to this process, I think many people will be able to realize their ideas. And it will be hoped that these ideas will be of great benefit to humanity.
cryptonoob312

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:51:07 AM

ICO is initial coin offering. It's when some team make up a start-up project that can be of use for a lot of people but need a lot of money to realize their plan. So they start to sell tokens - it's like stocks - that buyers will be able to use in the future to get some services of the project or just sell for bigger amount of money
choychifung

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:59:16 AM

Money Rasing Game.

SafeKeet ICO: A new cryptocurrency for a Simple, Smart & Secure digital safe deposit box
—————— ■  ICO SALE FEBRUARY 1, 2018  ■ ——————
WhitepaperBitcointalk ANNTelegramTwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:25:14 AM

It’s the short of initial coin offering. Basically when a new project comes up , they are offering their coins from cheap pricess in return of supporting their project. It’s a great way of multiplying your money. If you find a good new project don’t hesitate to participate in its ico.

And much better to do some research before you grab that opportunity because there's so many ICO's project now was become a scam they didn't fulfill their promises about the project, yes that kind of opportunity is good when it comes to gain a profit but like i said doing some research is crucial.

By the way, like everyone siad, the meaning of "ICO" is ( Inital Coin Offering ) and they also called "Initial Public Coin Offering" or IPCO in short.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:36:35 AM

ico is the new way to fund money. from ico people can fund money and realize their project. its short of investment to new business that wanted to using blockchain technology in their businesses. 
here article that might help you understand about ico https://blockgeeks.com/guides/initial-coin-offering/

Geoll29

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:44:13 AM

ICO means initial coin offering where in stock market it is IPO or initial public offering. ICO is offered  by individuals to raise funds for a new cryptocurrency venture. Usually it is ideal to invest in ICO because this is the time when its price is starting to go up.

rickn

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:10:35 AM

ICO means Initial Coin Offer, a form of capital raising so that companies with blockchain and cryptocurrency based projects can carry out their projects.
It is similar to an Initial Public Offer (IPO) which is the initial way that the companies of the stock market use to enter the market. Obviously, the rules, regulations and restrictions of ICOs are not uniform and practically do not exist when compared to IPOs
Xfactor06

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:18:58 AM

Initial Coin Offering or ICO is the starting companies way to resource funds for them to start the development of a certain project. There's public and private sale in which you can participate, but to be able to eligible in these sales you need to be whitelited first and comply in their KYC (know your customer) phase. KYC is the part where a participating applicant needs to send a Picture, Government IDs or any proof of identification and address confirmation also. ICO's is one of the many ways to earn in the cryptoverse. Do your own research before investing in one, alot of scams are there right now.
Cryptohad

Activity: 229

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:20:53 AM

good choice, the coin you have chosen is a coin that has good growth. ICO is a method to raise funds aimed at developing a crypto project, and ICO is offered by developers to contributors to develop projects and complete complete.
sksshopee

Activity: 176

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:23:33 AM

An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is used by startups to bypass the rigorous and regulated capital-raising process required by venture capitalists or banks. In an ICO campaign, a percentage of the cryptocurrency is sold to early backers of the project in exchange
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: