Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:11:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is ICO ?  (Read 523 times)
Pablojob

Activity: 18
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:36:18 AM

ICO (initial coin offering) is the phase where the developed coin is being offered to the investors,most of the time if the ICO hits the softcap the project would have a clear path in the future,but hitting hardcap would be better as the developers would have a lot of funds to be use in the development of the coin,most of the ICOs nowaways are being created because of the money,so we need to be careful of picking these ICOs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lingwistiko

Activity: 322

╔►[FILIPINO Translator]◄╝

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:14:03 AM

It's a way of raising funds to fund the development and design of a certain cryptocurrency. Investors can invest on the ICO which in return, gets cryptocurrency equivalent to the money invested by the investors + bonus if they invest on an early stage of token sale.

kevindjunaidi

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:20:37 AM

ICO is a new investment which gives us an opportunity to invest and benefit from the investment. because investing in ICO is easier and gives us investors bigger profit than other investing (I think  Grin).

almtu

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:35:44 AM

I search and take a look on your question and I found out all answer in the link that I provide. Please take a look.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/initial-coin-offering-ico.asp
Nilupulie

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:53:09 AM

ICO is the abbreviation of Initial Coin Offering. It means that someone offers investors some units of a new cryptocurrency or crypto-token in exchange against cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum. If i say simply before launching the project they issue some token percentage to the market in a lower amounts with additional bonus. There are two types of ICO's that is private sale and public sale. But you have to be very careful about scam ICO's and but majority of them are real.  Before investing any ICO's we should properly go through their white paper and then we can get the clear idea about the project. These days there is a good ICO called "Arcblock" and their public sale will start on Feb 3rd, 2018, 7pm CST.
yohaneshs

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:22:29 AM

Pretty new to cryptos, and I have bought ADA,XRP and NEO...

Reading a lot about ICO's but cannot really figure out what ICO's are...

Any anyone explain me the fundamentals ?

ICO is Initial Coin Offering from the word IPO (Initial Public Offering) so meaning is same overall. The start up company want to publish "The Coin" with the business plan for the long term.
The company build a projects and have developer, advisors and investor of course to starting the business. When "The Coin" released it has a initial value and will be launch in crypto market

For the example, Arcblock has a good prospect and I want to buy "The Coin" named ABT before launch so I can buy with lower rate and bonus offering from the company. When ICO release in market then the price will be going up.
leppyj

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:12:59 AM

its means Initial Coin offer,  its an avenue to invest in new cryptocurrency before being launched in exchanges to the general crypto world.  check out one very good ICO in its third stage of ICO called e-chat,  check it out at https://ico.echat.io
tangbori

Activity: 272
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:16:13 AM

ICO is an unregulated means by which funds are raised for a new cryptocurrency venture. An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is used by startups to bypass the rigorous and regulated capital-raising process required by venture capitalists or banks. In an ICO campaign, a percentage of the cryptocurrency is sold to early backers of the project in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies.
Akorharrison

Activity: 399
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:35:55 AM

ICO in short form called initial coin offering, it is set to offer there coin at low rate by participating in there program and after a limited months or days it  closed. So you can purchase or invest in any at a low rate and returns with Higher profits.
Zarbout

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:16:24 PM

ICO is an Initial Coin Offering. New way of crowd sale that uses new companies to raise enough fund for their projects.

stigmacryptonight

Activity: 574
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:21:16 PM

One liner for this: Initial Coin Offering.

It is a public or private offering of a new coin in which investors pay with fiat or an existing coin (normally Ethereum or Bitcoin) and receive a certain quantity of the new coin. For example, I am going to launch the "Rabbit Coin" and I make a public offer for anyone who wants to buy it at 1 BTC for 100 Rabbitcoins. (RBC)

Most of ICOs are really ITOs, Initial Token Offerings really.
In addition, ICO for fundraising, to run the project. That's what I know.
By getting involved in ICO, there are some benefits that can be gained.
oludare1

Activity: 200
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:00:27 PM

An Initial Coin Offering, also commonly referred to as an ICO, is a fundraising mechanism in which new projects sell their underlying crypto tokens in exchange for bitcoin and ether. It’s somewhat similar to an Initial Public Offering (IPO) in which investors purchase shares of a company.
ICO is a form of token that the coin developers give to every that campaigned for the launching of the coin. After the campaign, a percentage of the coin is distributed to all  who campaigned. Someone can sell it off or keep it.
Haywhy1

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:19:07 AM

ICO is the abbreviation of Initial Coin Offering. It means that someone offers investors some units of a new cryptocurrency or crypto-token in exchange against cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum. Since 2013 ICOs are often used to fund the development of new cryptocurrencies
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:47:17 AM

ICO is stands for Initial Coin Offering. In the name itself we can guess what ICO is. If we invest in public at first time, ICO is offered us to buy a coin in exchange for funds. Hence, they up the token sale and expecting market cap value should be reach soon. As it is sold in the period of time for token sale. We can consider that concern ICO project will get suceeded.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
rappydoo

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:53:30 AM

ico stand for initial coin offering, this is the stage when one wants to startup and build the capital they need for their platform and development of products. there are stages for ICO, usually ICO last from 2 to 4 months depends on how early they reach their target hardcap.
they also allocate amounts to people who help them advertise their platform, more like introducing.
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:55:45 AM

ICO is a place to make money in the modern era, because we only invest in ICO and wait until ICO we invest in exchange and the price increases and we sell to get a big profit, compared we invest in elsewhere.

KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:08:31 AM

ICO is a place to make money in the modern era, because we only invest in ICO and wait until ICO we invest in exchange and the price increases and we sell to get a big profit, compared we invest in elsewhere.
ICO stands for Initial Coin Offering. It means that if we will invest in public for the first time, it offers us to buy a coin to change it for funds. It means someone offers investors some unit of new cryptocurrency or crypto-token for in exchange against cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or an Ethereum. They sell their crypto for an exchange of ethereum or bitcoin.
biquanren123

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:19:27 AM

Initial Coin Offering
Winterizing

Activity: 312

(。◕‿◕。)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 10:26:12 AM

ICO, It basically means Initial Coin Offering. ICO is a fund raising to raise a new cryptocurrency coin. The funds collected in the ICOs are used for capitals in commencing companies in crypto currency.

alkhie01

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:27:36 AM

ICO means Initial Coin Offering.The developer of the new project will conduct ICO for funding their projects.In this case you will see on how the project will success,from the support of the investors and how the staff work for it.This is also a chance for investors to buy or to invest in project for a very low price.For sure if the project became successful its a big profit for all the one who join the ICO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: