Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:05:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What reply did you get when you were trying to get someone involved in Cryptos?  (Read 322 times)
Nanoid (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:52:43 AM

I tried to get one of my family members onboard back in 2013,
but they refused and said that im getting myself involved in an internet scam,and that i should stay away,and probably i'm going to lose all my money...  Grin

What's the story when you were trying to get someone into Cryptocurrencies? If they refused,what was their objection why they don't wan't to have anything to do with Cryptos?
Or what ridicilous response did you get?
shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:52:23 PM

I told my girlfriend about it and she was skeptical. However, once I told her that I've been making some profits, she decided to pass me a bit of money to invest in Bitcoin for her. Managed to make a 150% gain for her so far haha.

Diwrecktor29

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:56:32 PM

Told my friend about this and he replied this was just a pyramiding scheme, and will probably burst anytime. I feel bad for him because our financial standing (me and him) had changed. LOL
Hopeman1

Activity: 154

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:56:43 PM

I told my friend, he just asked me how many return I could get ? Perhaps he thinks cryptocurrency is a sound investment.No risk.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
bizul

Activity: 1064
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:01:15 PM

People around me want to compare crypto currency to real cash. They think it's a bubble and will crash anytime. They believe only in real cash, gold and silver supported by governments.

After a while I gave up on them, I don't talk about it anymore. It's like I'm alone but it's okay because I got used to it.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    OWN ONION   •  TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬  (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary   •  DeepSend Privacy Tech  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:19:59 PM

I tried to get one of my family members onboard back in 2013,
but they refused and said that im getting myself involved in an internet scam,and that i should stay away,and probably i'm going to lose all my money...  Grin

What's the story when you were trying to get someone into Cryptocurrencies? If they refused,what was their objection why they don't wan't to have anything to do with Cryptos?

I do get similar reactions like yours even up till today. Some even go as far as regarding you as one of those scammers. But over time i have discovered that the best way to get them on board is to show them your account balance

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:28:37 PM

It is funny, but most people think that it is a pyramidal scam with no control from the government. People around me think like this. Someone prefers
to play lotteries than to put money on crypto, because he thinks that crypto is a big bubble and it is going to crash. They just follow what the
newspapers/bankers are saying.
felipe04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:39:06 PM

They think this is scam and they judge it really fast when i refer someone online but there's a lot of way for spreading the knowledge about crypto like here in our own country wallet that you can earn money by invite someone so they will witness the money already when they do the code referring system in our wallet then after that i also refer them to some exchanger so they will also experience how to earn in trading,Moreover try always even they don't know what they talking or they judge it first until they know the truth behind crypto.
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:50:14 PM

My mother told me that I'm working with some scam company why did she say that? because news in my country are giving a bad impression to its viewers, interviewing people who got scammed from an obvious scam project or investments without exploiting its good uses and benefits, another one is from my friend who asked about cryptocurrency I've explained it on the simplest way but at the end he brags that it is a scheme of scammers and launderers taking advantage of the anonymity the rest of them got amazed at how cryptocurrency exponentially grew and innovate.

Hermes Mercury

Activity: 318
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:04:28 PM

My family thought I was doing something wrong, with hacks to electronic sites and electronic deviation, an arrogant vision, but then i explained the concepts they stayed calm, now with the appearance of Bitcoin in the media, they have nothing to talk about.
drogas

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:09:28 PM

Honestly, I've given up on convincing people try to get involved in cryptos. Especially if they're not a tech-savvy person.

If they're not an IT / programming person or something like that, I've found that it's just not worth the headache of explaining that it's not a scam.
Nanoid (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:29:52 PM

My family thought I was doing something wrong, with hacks to electronic sites and electronic deviation, an arrogant vision, but then i explained the concepts they stayed calm, now with the appearance of Bitcoin in the media, they have nothing to talk about.

Interesting way of thinking lol Cheesy What's worrying about older generation is that if the media says Cryptos are legit,then they believe it's legit because the TV said so?  Shocked
itf991

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:55:09 PM

Most of my friends refuse to invest into cryptocurrenies due to their lack of knowledge what the blockchain technology is. They believe it's a pyramid scheme. Since bitcoin became mainstream they approach me more often with questions. People getting more educated giving them confidence to invest into these assets eventually. It took me a few months before I actually decided to purchase few bitcoins back in 2013. Binance exchange reached 5 million users in less then 6 months. It's unbelievable how fast this ecosystem grow.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:16:41 PM

Most of my friends refuse to invest into cryptocurrenies due to their lack of knowledge what the blockchain technology is. They believe it's a pyramid scheme. Since bitcoin became mainstream they approach me more often with questions. People getting more educated giving them confidence to invest into these assets eventually. It took me a few months before I actually decided to purchase few bitcoins back in 2013. Binance exchange reached 5 million users in less then 6 months. It's unbelievable how fast this ecosystem grow.
very honestly most of my friends also refuse in very beginning, they were not ready to invest their money in cryptos but after that when they heard about bitcoin and other altcoins then they start taking interest in bitcoin and other altcoin, now they are good cryto traders and they are really making a good profit from investing money there in altcoins.
Nanoid (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:55:17 PM

Lots of people think Cryptos are some kind of pyramid scheme...
Once you get going then its hard to stop hehe  Grin
Furgon Chino

Activity: 336
Merit: 13

★ Italian Translator ★

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 12:23:39 AM

As many people here are saying, when I tried to get some friends into crypto most of them thought it was just a bubble or another scam. Funny thing is that the only friend who actually decided to invest something into it bought tron at 3 cents, like me, but he sold it at 25 cent (making quite a big profit) while I'm still holding during this awful bleeding phase for tron
tanoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:01:21 AM

my family can accept fairly what I do now. not responding excessively or forbidding. but I just convey the result only.
to invite friends, I do not expect to get anything, I just tell in detail, so they know the risks that they own.
ericunc95

Activity: 98
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:03:09 AM

I have gotten every negative reply possible.  Most of them think it is a scam and don't understand where the money comes from.  Others quote anybody else that is negative.  Luckily I have a personal friend that has made millions so I always use him as an example.
Rhesie

Activity: 130

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:06:53 AM

I tried to open up with my friends about crypto currency and they asked me if it is a legal. I said yes and I explained to them what crypto currency is. I also told them try to research about it to get more info. After that they want to engage on crypto world.
itsonlikedonkeykong

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:16:54 AM

I am not really telling anyone yet. Peeps should really do their own DD and make their own investing decisions. But...If anyone asks me, I am happy to help them out. Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: