Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:12:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KFC Canada Is Accepting Bitcoin for Fried Chicken  (Read 764 times)
EasyTutor

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:03:23 PM

Man, if they are still accepting BTC at those chains, I'd love to check them out next time I'm up in Canada.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BigWinner87

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:10:04 PM

this is a great news! it's always a great news when it regard bitcoin and cryptocurrencies adoption in general.
We all gotta should be happy guys!
go cryptossssss!
bimbie

Activity: 185
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:22:32 PM

I like that good news,I am a big fan of fried chicken and I ate a lot in KFC hopefully all stores of KFC will allow soon bitcoin as payments so that I can use my bitcoins to buy  one of my favorite food.This is a good sign that bitcoin will grow more.

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 10:24:28 PM

Its good initiative by KFC, Now even there small bucket of fried chicken will give more returns from last fiscal year

Fried chicken chain KFC Canada is accepting bitcoin – for a limited time and for a cryptocurrency-themed bucket of chicken, that is.

The limited-time marketing move sees the Canada-based chain advertising "The Bitcoin Bucket" complete with a Facebook-based live-tracker of the standing price for the product, which works out to roughly 20 Canadian dollars depending on the exchange rate with bitcoin.

That said, you can't exactly walk into a KFC location in Canada and pay with crypto at the cash register.

Instead, the company is accepting Bitcoin via BitPay as one of the options through an online check-out page. The Bitcoin Bucket will be delivered directly to the customer's address (the product also carries a $5 fee), according to the check-out process on its website.

https://www.coindesk.com/kfc-canada-is-accepting-bitcoin-for-fried-chicken/
Though temporary, this promotion is good advertisement for, not only Bitcoin but the crypto market as a whole. Crypto payment in a fast food chain is only ideal for delivery though since the transaction does take some time as we all know. Just imagine paying at the counter! People will surely complain due to the wait.

jeffer8035

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:26:34 PM

that is very important for bitcoin that they accept it there is in kfc that is the good thing the usability of the crypto and the teaching of how the utility works that every time is going to have more and more chain stores that will accept it as a means of payment the era digital money and it is very safe to load it into a wallet maybe you see on a cell phone or different devices I love the fried chicken from that fast food chain now if it's going to make it easier to buy it

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:38:51 PM

the acceptance of bitcoin as a means of payment is a remarkable outburst. however, I would rather use it as an investment tool. Is not Fiat still effective?

crypto360

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:38:28 AM

Guys it’s a matter of time we will see bitcoin being accepted by Amazon, ebay and Alibaba.com in the near future
SmileyLadd

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:41:03 AM

Well, one of the best news that I've seen today. I cannot wait to see other companies as well as online stores to accept bitcoin as a form of their payments and see bitcoin in the lists of one of the best payments in the web.
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:00:03 AM

Stores that accepts bitcoin is really increasing every now and then. This is the power of bitcoin's success in terms of acceptability. No matter what happens to the price of bitcoin it won't delay the increasing number of stores that accepts bitcoin.

Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:41:04 PM

Its good initiative by KFC, Now even there small bucket of fried chicken will give more returns from last fiscal year

Fried chicken chain KFC Canada is accepting bitcoin – for a limited time and for a cryptocurrency-themed bucket of chicken, that is.

The limited-time marketing move sees the Canada-based chain advertising "The Bitcoin Bucket" complete with a Facebook-based live-tracker of the standing price for the product, which works out to roughly 20 Canadian dollars depending on the exchange rate with bitcoin.

That said, you can't exactly walk into a KFC location in Canada and pay with crypto at the cash register.

Instead, the company is accepting Bitcoin via BitPay as one of the options through an online check-out page. The Bitcoin Bucket will be delivered directly to the customer's address (the product also carries a $5 fee), according to the check-out process on its website.

This is very good news and I think this is very great initiative taken by Canada, Canada is supposed to be the one of the developed countries of the world and the introduction of Blockchain technology into their country will obviously boost up their development. There are few countries more who has legalised bitcoin in their nation and now experiencing high GDP . KFC is very popular in selling non veg and if they starts accepting bitcoin then obviously it will enhance the growth of bitcoin also.
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:49:16 PM

is that true that KFC will accept bitcoin for their payment?is yes i think we can spend our bitcoin to buy bitcoin witout exchange it first into a money, so we can use our bitcoin 100% functionally if KFC receive the bitcoin payment system

bp124

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 12:57:39 PM

I guess gradually we are moving into the global legalization of bitcoin. Recently it was about ebay publishing it out there to accept bitcoin in the future now KFC has made the bold step of also accepting bitcoins as a mode of payment. This is great news to the enitre crypto community to legalize the use of bitcoin as a mode of payment.

Ar Rahman

Activity: 123

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:44:38 PM

a good starting point for kfc in Canada that has received bitcoin for payment, it means bitcoin gets a positive response in the country, a pride also for bitcoin who has been a partner in one big restaurant but also very helpful to consumers and simplifies their transactions, and certainly safe and comfortable for both parties.
soplo

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:07:16 PM

if it really happens we as the public are very happy to hear the news, but we only apply to one of their products that we can buy and pay with bitcoin, kfc companies accept bitcoin just because they want to increase their market share but if it is true and applies to all of our KFC products because the community also finds it helpful and simplified our transactions, and it would be nice if all kfc in all countries impose bitcoin as a means of payment of fried chicken in kfc.
Schwifty27

Activity: 138

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:16:12 PM

Wow this is good that there are KFC accepts bitcoin and we should that there will more like this.
Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:50:53 PM

I really love to see bitcoin in action where some entities are accepting it as payment for their goods or services. Transaction may be fast and convenience is guaranteed on both ends but i just wonder how they will handle the payment if this entity will go offline.
Accepting in bitcoin in KFC is one of the best way to make more funds and income. Using bitcoin in paying bills is like innovations because many people and companies start to adopt bitcoin and it is good for bitcoin and it will make more solidity in our industry. Furthermore, I think in the near future all companies will accept bitcoin as payment of their costumer.
smajler

Activity: 125
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:57:57 PM

What a great news! It's a matter of time when we pay for everything in btc all over the world. We are in an early phase of evolution. Tongue

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   Own ONION   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    Highly Secure & TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary •  SegWit Wallet Released  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
3rrr angels

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:05:04 PM

This is really a good news to everyone and we can consider it as a successful project with this achievement we can now expect of a slowly recovering of cryptocurrency market.
TahuDiniHari

Activity: 324
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:12:47 PM

Man, if they are still accepting BTC at those chains, I'd love to check them out next time I'm up in Canada.
that's good news bro, KFC Canada proves the progress of the times with cryptocurrency should be supported. That way other fast food shops will follow what KFC does.
thedino

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:13:46 PM

If this would happen in all country all kfc branch will accept bitcoin as a payment method this will be a time that the value of bitcoin will rise. But I don't think buying food in lieu of bitcoin is not a wise idea because we all know that bitcoin vaue is not stable and maybe in future the price of 1 bucket of chicken today in bitcoin vs the price of 5 bucket in future might be equal price in terms of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: