Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:59:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is btc dead from an investment % point of view ??  (Read 156 times)
cliffordsean (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:12:47 AM

hey there

im holding btc but lately im wondering why as those funds in so many other alts would have at least 30-40% increased instead of decreasing like btc 

i know people say btc is stable (enough) but i as you are no doubt looking for max return hence is it no better to invest most of my btc into coins that will increase sooooo much more than btc this year ( for example ada will surely at least 3x-5x this year whereas if btc 2x from ath then we will be LUCKY by the way things are going )

thoughts ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:15:32 AM

I think soon btc will start its next bull run and it is expected to reach around $50k in the next uptrend so we just need to be patient and hold and the price will make us happy hopefully.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:17:23 AM

No way... i don't think so... BTC is like a dollar to fiat currency... it will stay for long time..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
captain8

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:40:27 AM

Its not dead no,

From a % maybe you can get higher returns aswell, but for a higher risk,

BTC will steady gains, first hitting 20k, then 25k all the way up to 50k and beyond!

Matj

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:46:07 AM

95% of altcoins will go down in the end. And what happens to all that value? It will all return to Bitcoin. The same with fiat - all of that value will be drained into Bitcoin. It's like the ocean, and all the rivers flow into it.

You can make bigger short term profits with altcoins - just be sure to transfer this value back into Bitcoin BEFORE the next big altcoin crash. Smiley
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:46:38 AM

hey there

im holding btc but lately im wondering why as those funds in so many other alts would have at least 30-40% increased instead of decreasing like btc 

i know people say btc is stable (enough) but i as you are no doubt looking for max return hence is it no better to invest most of my btc into coins that will increase sooooo much more than btc this year ( for example ada will surely at least 3x-5x this year whereas if btc 2x from ath then we will be LUCKY by the way things are going )

thoughts ?

Stability for me that means the value of btc price is in the middle of its target meaning its beween in minimum and maximum of its present price value,like as of now the btc price will goes into $14k approximately while in current price its run into $13k ,so that means to me stability its will not pump so high and not dump so low.maybe in soon the bitcoin will recover in the next month ,only we can do is to wait when its back to normal.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
cliffordsean (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:44:47 PM

hey there

thoughts ?

Stability for me that means the value of btc price is in the middle of its target meaning its beween in minimum and maximum of its present price value,like as of now the btc price will goes into $14k approximately while in current price its run into $13k ,so that means to me stability its will not pump so high and not dump so low.maybe in soon the bitcoin will recover in the next month ,only we can do is to wait when its back to normal.

yes indeed stop-loss time Smiley
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:45:35 PM

I do not like bitcoin anymore.
The network is very quickly loaded, commissions are huge, confirmations go for weeks.

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:52:16 PM

Bitcoin still has its place in the cryptocurrency world, being the first one that started the revolution in blockchain technology and decentralisation.
In term of investment, diversification is key. Hold some of your portfolio in bitcoin while the rest in alts with high growth potential.
After all bitcoin is targeted to hit 500k!

semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:01:04 PM

hey there

thoughts ?

In cryotocurrency there is always ups and downs in price and you can't say that bitcoin is dead just only for the price crashed in recent times.Still bitcoin is the most expensive crypto and it needs year if some coin want to takes the plafe of bitcoin.For me bitcoin is still there and the price is increasing and decreasing everday so might me a price bump can occur like what happened at the start of 2017.
LancelotRay

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 01:04:22 PM

Bitcoin still has its place in the cryptocurrency world, being the first one that started the revolution in blockchain technology and decentralisation.
In term of investment, diversification is key. Hold some of your portfolio in bitcoin while the rest in alts with high growth potential.
After all bitcoin is targeted to hit 500k!

Indeed. Bitcoin is still going strong.

Risky? Yes. Dead? No way!
Dydot

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:10:22 PM

BTC is not dead. It is normal for market to correct. That is exactly what btc is doing right now. Soon it will resume its bullish run again.

cliffordsean (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:12:39 PM

BTC is not dead. It is normal for market to correct. That is exactly what btc is doing right now. Soon it will resume its bullish run again.

HOPE SO !
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:23:31 PM

What would you have done if you would have invested in Altcoins and then the Alts would have bleeded badly because of the rise in BTC.
Alts were bleeding badly during the BTG fork and most of the beginners were saying that Altcoins are going to die. Now since the Alts are rising does it mean that BTC is going to die. No my friend. This is how crypto works. People exchange the coins from one to the other. So if one coin is rising the other will obviously decline in price. This does not mean that it is going to die.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Kitobe

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:26:55 PM

BTC is still the less risky investment you can count in the Cryptocurrentcy market atm, compare to others alt-coins. Because BTC price is currently at the correction/stable period and it will rise at the end of the year.

So, I suggest to invest a majority of your portfolio (>50%) into BTC and then ETH and others projects that you like.  
Newboybb

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:28:41 PM

hey there

thoughts ?

The crazy rise of BTC in the previous period led to the inflow of funds from altcoin to BTC. However, recently the BTC began to Stop rising, so the money will flow into altcoin.

nikjain422

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:01:56 PM

I don't think this is possible even after the price fall further down.Bitcoin is something which is not replaceable.It has created it's own goodwill around the world and right now it is one of the most trusted coins.I can understand there has been a huge correction in the prices in last few weeks but if we take it in a positive way than it has created opportunity for new small investor who can purchase bitcoin.It is fixed that prices will not remain same after some time,it will go up as it has happen before and people who has invested now can get a huge profit in near future.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 06:12:32 PM

Those who think btc is dead have some huge misconceptions as to how the crypto market works.
And you aren't the first noob to proclaim that BTC is dead when there's a price correction.
If the market puzzles you, you don't know why alts are going up while btc is steady, why don't you research about market economics to gain knowledge as to what is going on.

When any coin pumps, it is the worst time to buy it.
It takes steady hands to make wise choices as a lot of new people to crypto feel like they have to jump in on the "Next Big Thing" right now.
Now is the time to be buying btc instead of jumping in on hype.

Besides, unless you have btc or eth as the cornerstone of your portfolio, how are you even going to liquidate your assets?

Long way for me to say, No btc is not dead.

13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:19:46 PM

To be completely honest, Bitcoin is pretty bad for an investment with percentage growth in mind, while not completely being dead. Various altcoins have shown higher percentage growth over the last years compared to Bitcoin which has been doing well itself, but not as good as a few altcoins. Its like Bitcoin is a risk-free long term investment while altcoins are completely risky investments and that's exactly why more growth can be expected from altcoins with a good foundation.
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:23:18 PM

With bitcoin you cant really make a huge profit even on a long term because is less likely that his price will double or triple in a few months while if you invest in little altcoins like ripple or any other good altcoin there is a big chance to double your price is just one day and make a huge profit on a long term because the price is very low like 0.5$ or 2-3$ and there is enough space to grow up to 50$ in a few years. The things is that altcoins are playing with the price, sometimes it is up sometimes it is down and it is hard to know wich is going to increase or fall.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: