Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:47:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Ethereum so slow  (Read 367 times)
novy (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 12:21:51 PM

Hello community,
Some days ago I observed that eth network feels badly ))). The TX cost rised to the moon. So, to get faster tx I should put 60-80 gwei for it. Maybe somebody can explain what the f* is going on there? Kitties, fishies or maybe china miners are closed their factories. Any ideas?

qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:29:29 PM

I transferred some eth today and they went fine, took just few minutes and the fee was also reasonable, i think with the coming upgrade eth will solve all its issues.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:40:44 PM

It is mostly because of cryptokitties the hype is reduced down and the network seems to be back to normal. But still you will have to higher fees there is no solution for it currently.
Regarding miners eth has a good support but due to recent changes in price and demand it isn't sufficient like how it was in past. I sent few transactions with 10 gwei fees it took 40 min to confirm so you don't have to worry about the transaction not going through it will work but will take more time than usual.
mundang

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:43:09 PM

No problem in sending tokens to another wallets, but what is bad on ethereum right now is the fees, i dont have have problem in sending cause it will only took a minute,but the fees so high.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:07:48 PM

because ethereum is not capable of handling large number of transactions. it fails under load and due to the recent pump there has been more activity and more transactions which means a bigger load on the network which fails to operate under this load.
if you run a node you will feel this pressure even more. which is why it is moving towards even more centralization.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:11:54 PM

Hello community,
Some days ago I observed that eth network feels badly ))). The TX cost rised to the moon. So, to get faster tx I should put 60-80 gwei for it. Maybe somebody can explain what the f* is going on there? Kitties, fishies or maybe china miners are closed their factories. Any ideas?

That is because of the mining difficulty and the ethereum recent bump over 1100 USD value. I have heard that there a hard fork gonna happen on tomorrow or after that day. So the gas price for the ethereum transaction has been increased I think.
However, if you invested on ethereum you will be able to make the more money due to the price bump we found this time. I have noticed the bitcoin and ethereum shows network delay in my blockchain and coinbase wallets. So wait for some days.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:22:41 PM

There's a lot of demand in both altcoins and ethereum itself because of the many recent pumps left and right. Ethereum network has been easily congested lately ever since the cryptokitties got viral. Still not worse than bitcoin though, .002 eth fee completes my transactions in few minutes.
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:33:56 PM

maybe because ethereum is getting more and more popular and its becoming like bitcoin where the transaction is slow and expensive. but there are lots of solution like Raiden Network or gonetwork for ethereum in the near future

Decorsair23

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:36:25 PM

I heard ETH was going for a fork to solve its scalability. I fear ETH will be like bitcoin right now. High fees and slow poke dude.
helloinox

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:43:44 PM

Hello community,
ETH have to fix the problem with scaling just like BTC.
jcojci

Activity: 797
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:50:39 PM

unfortunately, I don't know about this because I don't make any transactoin and I still hold my ethereum in the exchanges and some in my wallet. maybe it's because there are too many transactions that need to be confirmed and this makes the network getting slow. I hope that later the network will be back normal so for confirming the transaction doesn't need too long and make sure that we have enough gas to send the transaction.
Monkey1

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:51:50 PM

It's a big problem that needs to be resolved urgently. I support Ethereum very much, but even a cat game knows how hard it has been for servers.

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
Heoebro

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:54:15 PM

Too much load on ethereum blockchain makes the transactions slow.
Coins_Hiro

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:56:24 PM

I heard ETH was going for a fork to solve its scalability. I fear ETH will be like bitcoin right now. High fees and slow poke dude.

Seems like it if it keeps up that way. In terms of ETH's price I think it is fine now because months ago it was stucked at $200-$300 rate but then it spiked up without stopping and  now valued at $1200. As long as it doesn't go below $1k again I am fine.
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:56:47 PM

Hello community,

I just transferred from MEW to Hitbtc but the transaction is just 10 minutes using the default gas and gwei. Maybe if you reduce the speed meter transactions from normal to slow to save a little bit Ethereum it will really affect the performance. In my own opinion, miners will prioritize those high paying transactions in order to earn big and mostly will ignore those little fees in which they will just back on them later on after attending the higher payers resulting to long time of waiting. Kitties was already solved and China miners are all active so therefore it will all depend upon the gas and gwei we offer to make our transaction faster.
bakekang

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:00:50 PM

Ethereum has a lot of problems that needs to be resolve immediately, even etherscan is having issues  on thier connection status that why etherscan is down for almoat 24 hours.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
batturkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:41:45 PM

The most busy system on crypto world is ethereum blockchain. Sometimes its getting overloaded but would be fine soon. At least I hope so Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Wong Kalong

Activity: 377

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:42:53 PM

because good coins that take the process and travel slowly in order to become high value coins with a selling price of that promise. most importantly, if you deviate this ethereum coins then it should be patient and not panic.
D-Fault

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:45:51 PM

Hello community,

I have heard that you can rise up your comission manually so it would make the transaction much quicker. But you have to google for that and think also do you want to get extra costs for that speedup.
novy (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 02:57:13 PM

I fill bad especially when I trade on EtherDelta, sometimes I have to press several times to the buy/sell button to get it to the trade table. Something I just burn $ with no effect. That really bad... There some projects who wants to fix that sittuation - Raiden, GoNetwork. They are still in dev stage. So we have to wait and cry for some time...

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: