Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:47:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Ethereum become the world's first-largest cryptocurrency?  (Read 466 times)
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:57:15 AM

Will Ethereum become the world's first-largest cryptocurrency?
Although bitcoin almost overtake the price of ethereum but it won't happen that bitcoin surpass by ethereum the main reason was many people trusted bitcoin and bitcoin is first crypto-currency launch compared to ethereum. Maybe these two coins are having a good potential in the future when you hold these for a long term. The first launched crypto currency is bitcoin i think that was also the first largest crypto currency in the world and also near in the future.

cryptomngr

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:57:46 AM

the word first was already taken by the BTC,bitcoin was the first and the largest cryptocurrency that existed,ethereum can replace BTC but it doesnt mean he will be tagged as first,maybe second successful cryptocurrency but not the word "first" largest.

JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:59:16 AM

I think so, because there are only a few global reelections that the etherium must carry out before it becomes one of the most important crypto-currencies. The first is network scalability, the second is the transition to POS. But then immediately the question. Work on POS implies a centralization.
IsuruMaduranga

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

Block chain enthusiast

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:13:44 AM

I think Ethereum has the potential to surpass Bitcoin.. But BTC is the first crypto and it is more populer.. Eth is far more superior in technical terms. But the Eth has been compromised several times.. Lets see with the time. However Ethereum has the potential.. Smiley Smiley Smiley 

☆ FLUX ☆
GAMING ECOSYSTEM
17 - 24 April Public Sale
bobylee

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:25:46 PM

BTCBitcoin is already the largest, though Ether is doing quite very well in the crypto market these days, however, this doesn't mean it will keep doing this in future as well, it may continue but i don't think it will Many of us has seen Ether network being compromised in past more than once, and this actually is the reason for many people to lose their money.BTC
zoran.drobnjak

Activity: 88
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:36:43 PM

The only problem with Ether is limited number of people proficient in its core language - Solidity.
Its complexity limits its usage and code verification - that is why I believe it will not be a platform of primary choice in the future although it will always have its place in the ecosystem. Other than soon-to-be-improved BTC protocol, I think NEO and ADA will exceed ETH in the near future.
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:44:33 PM

i think indeed ethereum has the potentials to become with such significant i from the first has always supported this alt i think the next few upcoming
months will bring a lot for the crypto community
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 09:07:53 PM

This is kind of a strange question and reeks of ignorance.

Bitcoin is already the world's first-largest cryptocurrency.
It has so many payment avenues and use cases and is highly liquidable.
IT also has brand name recognition and market awareness.

I suppose you are wondering if ethereum will surpass bitcoin and be used in everyday life by a vast majority of people around the world?
I guess it has the potential to.
But I see the future as having several viable cryptos being used rather than just one dominating.

In fact, I would rather have it be that way instead of having one crypto have a monopoly over everything.
So I actually hope that etherereum (or any coin/token for that matter) doesn't dominate.

KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:09:54 PM

Potential is there, however, developers still need to implement their improvements for more adoption and let the network effect decide.
Bitcoin still the go entry for the crypto world and that is not going to change soon.  Cool

Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:24:36 AM

At ethereum, there are not so many chances against bitcoin to take the first place among the crypto currency. These coins are both in demand and grow in value together. However, due to the fact that bitcoin was the first among the crypto currency and is by far the most famous, it has gone much further than the rest. While it is in price out of reach for the rest of the Crypto-currency. However, over time, everything can change. If bitcoin stops eliminating its shortcomings, as now, and for a long time will lose its popularity, then it may very well be that ethereum will take its place as leader.
jomz312

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:26:06 AM

Etherium? Hmm..no because bitcoin is still the leading of all cryptocurrencies in the cryptocurrencies world market.
For now most of exchanges use bitcoin as the universal trading currency which leads to many investors buying and selling bitcoin to buy and sell altcoins.
The market tied into bitcoin because its easy to manipulate the entire cryptocurrency.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:34:56 AM

Unequivocally, ETH can become the largest project in the history of mankind, because people like Vitalik Buterin are simply not born and just do not become world famous, so I'm sure that he and his team will create a project that will work for the benefit of humanity .
mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:36:58 AM

Anything is possible in cryptocurrency. Who would have though bitcoin will be 20,000 times valuable than USD and 70K times better than my country currency. Ethereum is towing path of greatness and serious value appreciation. I think any investor with good insight will buy a lots of ether at it's current price.
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:41:19 AM

Ethereum may become the word's first largest cryptocurrency. ETH has a great potential and now growing accordingly.
mrqzwoboi

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:53:10 AM

The first crypto to appear is bitcoin, and finally the alternative coin is etherum. and now its value is bitcoin far above the etherum. the conclusion is bitcoin is the world's first crypto and with the greatest value in the world, whereas etherum is always under bitcoin, so I think it would be difficult for etherum to be number 1.
I agree with your opinion. The status of bitcoin is hard to shake. The emergence of the first cryptocurrency is of great significance. Ethereum goes beyond bitcoin. It's a revolution in the cryptocurrency world.
Pasadoble

Activity: 336
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:20:31 AM

ETH is good one, and it will be one of the best alt coins this year, but i cannot even imagine, that it will beat BTC,
jaggijagjit

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 10:53:47 AM

May be it can happen in future if  bitcoin charged very heavy transaction fees and people move to Ethereum for  it's low transaction fees then it is possible.

▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄ ▀    GORECRUIT    ▀ ▄ ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀
▬▬   ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR HR BASED ON BLOCKCHAIN   ▬▬
Whitepaper   Telegram   [  Pre-Sale 》 24th October  ]   Facebook   Twitter
sserge009

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:00:08 AM

It is premature to make any forecasts about ETH. There are no specific data on its development after the transition to POS. In any case, I think that bitcoin and ether will eventually take up various parts of the crypto market.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
yudhistira

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:16:09 AM

Yes, I think there is such a great chance.
I personally am a supporter of Ethereum, and frankly I hope we will see great results from this coin.  Grin

WebsiteWhitepaperTelegram   International Blockchain Lottery   FacebookTwitterGitHub
════════☛ FIRELOTTO ☚════════    As simple and understandable as traditional lotteries are    ══════☛ PLAY NOW ☚══════
RomanPetrush

Activity: 630
Merit: 123

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:24:37 AM

Probably yes. Vitalik Buterin working on that, and so many projects are in development. But only one thing i'm thinking about is that in Ethereum blockchain is so many transactions that sometimes the system are highly overloaded.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: