Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:01:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Ethereum become the world's first-largest cryptocurrency?  (Read 468 times)
Pjoh ie

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:30:07 AM

Ether is the Ethereum platform sign unit money. Ether is traded on a crytocurrency exchange like any other cryptocurrency. As with any currency Ether can also have exchangeable exchange rates with other cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ripple, Dash, and so on. Ether is used to pay for Ethereal networking computing. Like Bitcoin, Ethereum uses the idea of ​​an Ethban proof-of-action algorithm. Looking at these statistics I am very confident that ethereum will be able to compete with the market price of bitcoin
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:38:32 AM

Will Ethereum become the world's first-largest cryptocurrency?
I really doubt it, even if it overtakes bitcoin in terms of the market cap, that will be temporary.

You see, Ethereum has built in problems and there is a certain central entity behind it. Both became apparent when the DAO was compromised and the central entity decided to execute the hard fork to save the money (I know it was advertised as a consensus decision but the numbers I have seen show there was no consensus involved in all the community). Also, there were the problems with the wallet freezing the users' money due to the software library being deleted.

I think that future will show us more problems with the contracts, this is just the top of the iceberg.
Olena9797

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

https://auditchain.com

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:41:16 AM

I think no. Ethereum must to improve itself in many ways. Thats impossible. But bitcoin will be not the first cryptocurrency whole time. Waiting for enother coin who can pass it. We are in interesting time right now, where even scumed ripple could be the first one

urikmarkov

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:43:57 AM

I think so, yes. Bitcoin is way overvalued, considering its tx fees and time. ETH is much faster, and also ICO market is becoming bigger and bigger, and all of them are built on ETH tech. I think 2018 the ETH will overcome BTC.
papasmurph

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:44:58 AM

No, I do not think so. Many people predict that this year Ethereum will jump to the moon, but even though I do not think it will be able to surpass Bitcoin.
However, I think it has great potential.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Blondy12

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:46:59 AM

I am sorry but i am a strong believer of bitcoin and i don't think that there is any other coins that can surpass bitcoin. Though i also believe that ethereum is a potential coin and as a matter of fact, i am also planning to buy ethereum when having a chance to have an extra money.
popolite11

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:33:39 PM

Although bitcoin almost overtake the price of ethereum but it won't happen that bitcoin surpass by ethereum the main reason was many people trusted bitcoin and bitcoin is first crypto-currency launch compared to ethereum. Maybe these two coins are having a good potential in the future when you hold these for a long term. The first launched crypto currency is bitcoin i think that was also the first largest crypto currency in the world and also near in the future.

I do believe it can happen. Sure Ethereum will not beat Bitcoin in the nearest 2 years, but as I see the situation, ETH can become cryptocurrency #1 within 4-5 years. Its capitalization will increase sufficiently, and the people trust will grow.
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:29:16 AM

Etherium have same problems what bitcoin. Scalability problems bigger then btc network. He cant be #1 in near future.

sadiaakhter25

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:15:40 AM

Yes, I think Ethereum is becoming the world's first-largest cryptocurrency. That's why It's better to buy a lot of ethereum and save it for long period of time, because this coin is one of the most promising coin in crypto currency industry. I know it's hard to believe but this coin having a lot of expectation from more investors. I guess if the capitalist push it more people are becoming rich immediately.
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 06:17:50 AM

Bitcoin is the first crypto ever created and the most known. I believe that his value is due to his fame than the abilities he has.
Ethereum is a "bitcoin" with a programming language in it.
This last thing gives him many possibilities to be expanded in the future and in my opinion, it can easily surpass bitcoins value.
It is ASIC resistant, that means you can mine it only with GPU.
The only negative is that has an unlimited supply.
superloy

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

#1 ICO on a Global eCommerce Ecosystem! Worldwide

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 06:21:31 AM

I believe that Ethereum had already the largest and most valuable Cryptocurrency in the market since the last few years. Ethereum has proven to be the most popular and the strongest Cryptocurrency in the market today although Bitcoin has the most valuable market capital but Ethereum is already raised from being crypto underdog and will soon surpass Bitcoin's value in the near future.

Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:24:50 AM

Bitcoin today has become a product for the elite, which can afford high transaction fees.  By this, the project chose the path to a technical dead end. 
At the same time, Ethereum developers are already working on issues of confidentiality and scaling at a level that other dream projects only dream of. In 2018 and beyond, Ethereum and other technologies will continue to evolve, and applications based on them will bring the new technological era closer. 
In any case, you need to watch.
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:49:53 AM

Ethereum can become the world's first-largest cryptocurrency but has that status already it is within the reach of ethereum to have that status as well though it will take some time to attain that height.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
michael shikany

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:53:11 AM

I don't think it's possible.
For now, bitcoin is gradually being recognized by various countries, and many countries support it, but ETH does not.
And the continued rise in the price of ETH is due to the continued popularity of the ICO market. When countries start to regulate ICO, the price of ETH may fall a great deal.

Jackblack90909

Activity: 552

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:53:32 AM

Ethereum nowadays is the best and most used altcoin, and the second crypto currency after Bitcoin. Its smart contract platform increased highly the demand and the value of this crypto currency especially in the last months. But it is still ranked second after Bitcoin which is predicted to keep its first position for many years.
BitChief

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:11:26 PM

Ethereum nowadays is the best and most used altcoin, and the second crypto currency after Bitcoin. Its smart contract platform increased highly the demand and the value of this crypto currency especially in the last months. But it is still ranked second after Bitcoin which is predicted to keep its first position for many years.

Yes I tend to agree, I think Ether will have more volume however because bitcoin is used more as a store of value it's use case will be much easier to defend and arguably justifies a much higher valuation.

GoNetWork★☆★ By the Winning Team at ETHWaterloo ★☆★GoNetWork
▬World's Largest Ethereum Hackathon▬ (https://gonetwork.co/)
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:16:53 PM

Bitcoin today has become a product for the elite, which can afford high transaction fees.  By this, the project chose the path to a technical dead end. 
At the same time, Ethereum developers are already working on issues of confidentiality and scaling at a level that other dream projects only dream of. In 2018 and beyond, Ethereum and other technologies will continue to evolve, and applications based on them will bring the new technological era closer. 
In any case, you need to watch.

I think that you don't account for both the info about Ethereum network being clogged at least as much as bitcoin network is (look at this Kitty app or whatever its name was) and the info about Lightning Network as a solution for Bitcoin high transaction fees that is currently on the verge of being operational.

So we need to watch, on this we agree Smiley
TonyFat

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 12:53:26 PM

perhaps, but it is necessary to watch how it behaves when the network is heavily loaded, and the price of gas

..WOWSECRET..
Innovative Content Platform
..WOWCOINTWITTERTELEGRAM..
Benkortan

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:21:46 PM

It will. Ethereum is developing hard at the moment.
When we see the results Ethereum will start to going forward with more speed.
saif.shaikha

Activity: 106

"The Best ICO with Best ROI:: Cube"

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:26:23 PM

Ethereum as a platform for blockchain based projects is very much in demand. It supports a thousands of projects by serving as the enabler for blockchain transactions. I believe that the community supporting ethereum is very dynamic one and focused on addressing the core concerns around blockchain like scalability and high transaction fees. It does have a bright future as compared to Bitcoin which has become more rigid in terms of applicability.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: