Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:59:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to borrow 1-2 bitcoins. All verifications available.  (Read 203 times)
lifestylebym (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:18:54 PM

Hi everyone,

I am looking to borrow 1-2 bitcoins on a relatively short pay pack time. Depending on the terms, pay back in 2-6 months.

I can provide all verification (proof of address, passport, employment, social media etc)

Happy to answer any questions.

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
P2Pfinder

Activity: 249
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:21:07 PM

I think the only thing you will receive are 1-2 red trust or more, Depending by when DT1 members will read this post....
lifestylebym (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:25:38 PM

I am sorry, I wasn't aware I had done anything wrong. I found this forum while looking at bitcoin borrowing options and it came up as an alternative to bitcoin lending website.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1468

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 02:57:09 PM

Read this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.0

and either offer collateral or lock this topic immediately (bottom left link). Otherwise you'll get negative trust

lifestylebym (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:08:49 PM

Sorry I thought it depended on the lender what they require. I thought proof of identity along with employment proof would be sufficient.

I have a car worth $45000 which I can offer as collateral but I dont know how that works in practice.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1468

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 03:23:36 PM

I have a car worth $45000 which I can offer as collateral but I dont know how that works in practice.

You should disclose your city or at least your country. Only people close to you could grant this loan and they would need to see your car and check everything is fine.
The collateral should be held by a trusted escrow. For this kind of collateral I guess legal documents would be required.

warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:31:22 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 11:43:46 PM by warningsigns

It’s impossible to borrow coins here, let alone the immense amount you suggested, using passports and ID alone to secure the loan. You will need to provide far more solid assurances in the form of collateral which must be appraised first by the lender. The collateral’s value should exceed the loan amount by a margin of about 20 or more % which effectively means, as a minimum, 1.2 x the amount you want to borrow.

If you intend to pledge a car to guarantee the loan, then as mentioned above, a local lender would be the best and only way forward. This is because lenders or a trusted escrow keep the collateral until you repay the loan.

condoras
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1103

This is what I do. I drink and I know things.

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:12:06 PM

One of the problems for those who have actually this type of Collateral (and not the type that doesn't and try to scam), is that if they go to a local dealer they ain't going to get BTC. Instead they will get fiat (taxable) and a contract stating and confirms this Loan Agreement. Thus their Loan will be noted. Thus goodbye anonymity.

If someone want to use large items as Collateral in order to get a Loan in crypto, this is the way. The only way.

You should disclose your city or at least your country. Only people close to you could grant this loan and they would need to see your car and check everything is fine.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███