Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:54:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A plea to Yifu  (Read 3548 times)
bigbeninlondon (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:11:18 AM

And they also have to clear customs in their destination country.  Ragingazn's sample chips have been held up in NY customs for weeks now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:16:31 AM

No they didn't what?

Yifu said they were held in customs since 2 weeks.  I take that to mean that there were 4 weeks between the end of the promised lead time and when the chips hit customs.  What happened during that time?  If chips were ready, why did they sit for 4 weeks?

The tracking code is clearly identifiable on the images as they are high res, and in another thread I believe someone had mentioned Hong Kong was a destination, but check for yourself. Cannot remember which thread but it had a link to check the Chinese tracking no.

http://imgur.com/a/GR0e3

Apparently it originated from here;

http://www.btcman.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4621&extra=page%3D1&page=4

But I don't read Chinese.

EDIT: Found this though: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252233.msg2682662#msg2682662

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
bigbeninlondon (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:19:20 AM

No they didn't what?

Yifu said they were held in customs since 2 weeks.  I take that to mean that there were 4 weeks between the end of the promised lead time and when the chips hit customs.  What happened during that time?  If chips were ready, why did they sit for 4 weeks?

The tracking code is clearly identifiable on the images as they are high res, and in another thread I believe someone had mentioned Hong Kong was a destination, but check for yourself. Cannot remember which thread but it had a link to check the Chinese tracking no.

http://www.btcman.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4621&extra=page%3D1&page=4

EDIT: Found this though: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252233.msg2682662#msg2682662

I don't know what you are trying to say.  That they WEREN'T in customs?  I'm not sure how your picture of Chips destined for Hong Kong proves they weren't in customs...
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:20:49 AM

No they didn't what?
But I do.   That is the point of my last line.   Once they are in HK.....
I do not believe the story.   Fortunately, I have nothing outstanding with them after II and III.   If I ever see him at a conference I will call him out for the no face thief that I think he is and will see if he can convince me otherwise or if he will just run away like a little bitch.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:23:06 AM

No they didn't what?

Yifu said they were held in customs since 2 weeks.  I take that to mean that there were 4 weeks between the end of the promised lead time and when the chips hit customs.  What happened during that time?  If chips were ready, why did they sit for 4 weeks?

I don't know what you are trying to say.  That they WEREN'T in customs?  I'm not sure how your picture of Chips destined for Hong Kong proves they weren't in customs...

Because from the time they were posted in the BTCman forum (where they originated in a thread) they apparently originated from a disenchanted Bitsyncom member of their design team, Gridchip, who was insinuating they had already taken delivery of all these chips before he left, or he was in possession of them.
You need to find someone who speaks Chinese.

Last links in English, click that it states there was a split in Bitsyncom;

Basically,this team designed chips(110nm) for Avalon.

And for some unknown reason,they are looking for some new partner/investor.(40nm)
And,we don't know what happened inside Avalon.
To summarize what you and johnyj have said:
(1) Key members of the Avalon design team are now independent of Avalon;
(2) This new design team is proposing the development of a 40nm chip;
(3) The team is seeking investment - as in capital, as opposed to crowd source or pre-sales.

IS THIS CORRECT?
Where you assumed that they seek investment or new partner? Also, where is evident that they bitsysncom asic team has split inside?
Maybe this has something to do with btc address for chip purchases? Yifu said that who claim that they own that btc address.
This is why is asked for clarification.  As to my inferences:
(1) yuchuanzhen stated "Based on the author's words,may be some thing happened to the Avalon team.And,most like a big one."
(2) and (3), yuchuanzhen stated "And for some unknown reason,they are looking for some new partner/investor.(40nm)"

Again, this development is currently, in primary source, in Chinese.  I think everyone who is reporting it, in English, should be very careful to be very clear.  Presumptions themselves may not translate correctly, even if they are, themselves, correct.

EDIT: As above, Minor Miner may well be more capable in clearing this up if he speaks Chinese.

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 12:36:41 AM

No they didn't what?

Yifu said they were held in customs since 2 weeks.  I take that to mean that there were 4 weeks between the end of the promised lead time and when the chips hit customs.  What happened during that time?  If chips were ready, why did they sit for 4 weeks?

I don't know what you are trying to say.  That they WEREN'T in customs?  I'm not sure how your picture of Chips destined for Hong Kong proves they weren't in customs...

Because from the time they were posted in the BTCman forum (where they originated in a thread) they apparently originated from a disenchanted Bitsyncom member of their design team, Gridchip, who was insinuating they had already taken delivery of all these chips before he left, or he was in possession of them.
You need to find someone who speaks Chinese.

Last links in English, click that it states there was a split in Bitsyncom;

Basically,this team designed chips(110nm) for Avalon.

And for some unknown reason,they are looking for some new partner/investor.(40nm)
And,we don't know what happened inside Avalon.
To summarize what you and johnyj have said:
(1) Key members of the Avalon design team are now independent of Avalon;
(2) This new design team is proposing the development of a 40nm chip;
(3) The team is seeking investment - as in capital, as opposed to crowd source or pre-sales.

IS THIS CORRECT?
Where you assumed that they seek investment or new partner? Also, where is evident that they bitsysncom asic team has split inside?
Maybe this has something to do with btc address for chip purchases? Yifu said that who claim that they own that btc address.
This is why is asked for clarification.  As to my inferences:
(1) yuchuanzhen stated "Based on the author's words,may be some thing happened to the Avalon team.And,most like a big one."
(2) and (3), yuchuanzhen stated "And for some unknown reason,they are looking for some new partner/investor.(40nm)"

Again, this development is currently, in primary source, in Chinese.  I think everyone who is reporting it, in English, should be very careful to be very clear.  Presumptions themselves may not translate correctly, even if they are, themselves, correct.

EDIT: As above, Minor Miner may well be more capable in clearing this up if he speaks Chinese.

wow you're on like everything I seem to read mr bitcoinarama....I came on to ask the OP:  what do you possibly do for a family weekend getaway on only 200 bucks???  I did the math that is like 2 days of motel6 hotel room at 60 usd per night with a remaining 80 dollars to split up between meals and Travel - It would only work for like me and a 2nd person if we went out to each, stayed at a hotel one night and didnt road trip it farther than a half tank of gas.  Even if you bag a hybrid that only costs you 30 USD for a full tank, that is still like 50 bucks to split on 6 meals (12 if you have a partner/spouse) that you need to split 50 dollars on.  That sounds like a really shitty weekend getaway - please hook me up with knowledge to prove otherwise.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:37:57 AM

Do yourself a favor and make your own decision.   Zoom in on the picture.    Track the shipment to HK.    Decide for yourself if you think it made it to HK.    Remember, to get on the ship/plane/train/truck etc. that is LEAVING china, you first MUST clear chinese customs....
Fun fact for you, there were no cargo plane crashes in that time period.

bigbeninlondon (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:39:32 AM

wow you're on like everything I seem to read mr bitcoinarama....I came on to ask the OP:  what do you possibly do for a family weekend getaway on only 200 bucks???  I did the math that is like 2 days of motel6 hotel room at 60 usd per night with a remaining 80 dollars to split up between meals and Travel - It would only work for like me and a 2nd person if we went out to each, stayed at a hotel one night and didnt road trip it farther than a half tank of gas.  Even if you bag a hybrid that only costs you 30 USD for a full tank, that is still like 50 bucks to split on 6 meals (12 if you have a partner/spouse) that you need to split 50 dollars on.  That sounds like a really shitty weekend getaway - please hook me up with knowledge to prove otherwise.

I have multiple chips and multiple assemblies on the line here.  It's more significant than $200.  

Edit: I didn't mean to imply $200 when I said "a couple hundred".  Sorry for the confusion.  I meant more than a few but not a lot.  A couple usually does imply 2 but not every time.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:47:35 AM

Here.   Even put it on the english side of yangtze river express' site for you.
http://www.track-shipments.com/track-trace.aspx?pref=AWB&awbno=87150508076
Shipment of 135 boxes left pudong (clear Chinese customs), flight flew and arrived in HK.
Then it would have been cleared into HK and trucked to the Uni Glory Logistics warehouse.   Where it went from there?   Your chips in those 1,000,000 + chips?   Who knows?   This was over 7 weeks ago.   You still wonder why the network grew more than the 60TH that was batch III miners?

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:53:26 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2013, 01:50:19 AM by Bitcoinorama

Here.   Even put it on the english side of yangtze river express' site for you.
http://www.track-shipments.com/track-trace.aspx?pref=AWB&awbno=87150508076
Shipment of 135 boxes left pudong (clear Chinese customs), flight flew and arrived in HK.
Then it would have been cleared into HK and trucked to the Uni Glory Logistics warehouse.   Where it went from there?   Your chips in those 1,000,000 + chips?   Who knows?   This was over 7 weeks ago.   You still wonder why the network grew more than the 60TH that was batch III miners?

Minor, have you read that BTCman forum thread. Can you summarise what's said there?

This is the tracking for those Avalon 2.1 million chips received at the end of June.

That's a 853Kg pallet of chips from TSMC to Bitsyncom in June folks! Shocked;

From Pudong Airport - PVG / ZSPD - Shanghai, China, to Hong Kong Airport - HKG / VHHH - Hong Kong, China

8 Weeks ago.

ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:43:58 AM

It's pretty obvious what happened.

Avalon does not want or does not think it needs to hire a customer service expert to deal with refunds/questions/exchanges.

They underestimated what it would take to ship Batch 1, 2 AND 3.

They underestimated how long the batches would take to build AND ship.

They underestimated their business security needs. This story kept popped up again in June at the Bitcoin conference, and it popped up again recently with the alleged "delay" of the chips.

They underestimated the bureaucratic necessities of shipping a large quantity of goods, dealing with customs in multiple locations.

It's pretty clear now, with all due respect to Avalon, that they seriously underestimated what it would actually take to RUN a company in the modern world, even though they are smart guys.

You guys really need to get a savvy, knowledgeable, worldly business manager AND a security consultant who knows WTF he's doing. You need professional business help, seriously speaking.

So far, the only thing you've done is make a great product. There are lots of companies that have done that, and FAILED MISERABLY. Get some professional help, please.

Being a nOOb is all nice and fun and enjoyable, until being a nOOb gets in the way of what it is that you're trying to accomplish. This isn't an MMO at level 3 anymore.

Adelex

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:56:49 AM

It's pretty obvious what happened.

Avalon does not want or does not think it needs to hire a customer service expert to deal with refunds/questions/exchanges.

They underestimated what it would take to ship Batch 1, 2 AND 3.

They underestimated how long the batches would take to build AND ship.

They underestimated their business security needs. This story kept popped up again in June at the Bitcoin conference, and it popped up again recently with the alleged "delay" of the chips.

They underestimated the bureaucratic necessities of shipping a large quantity of goods, dealing with customs in multiple locations.

It's pretty clear now, with all due respect to Avalon, that they seriously underestimated what it would actually take to RUN a company in the modern world, even though they are smart guys.

You guys really need to get a savvy, knowledgeable, worldly business manager AND a security consultant who knows WTF he's doing. You need professional business help, seriously speaking.

So far, the only thing you've done is make a great product. There are lots of companies that have done that, and FAILED MISERABLY. Get some professional help, please.

My thoughts as well.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:14:29 AM

Solution.

Do not buy Avalon products in future.
Demand whereabouts of your 10K lots of chips.
Demand refunds for breach of delivery.
Compile evidence and start legal proceedings by putting Avalon on notice for breach of the terms and conditions for delivery.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 03:18:09 AM

No they didn't 2.1 million chips were photographed ready and in hand by an ex-Bitsyncom member in late June and posted on this forum.

There were never 2.1 million chips photographed at one time, that would be 210 boxes. And it would be something like 700Gh/s, well over the current total network strength, so its not even possible for that many chips to be in use.

Even if they manufactured 1 million chips as they've said, most of them are likely not in use at the moment at all.

jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:20:34 AM

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:25:18 AM

No they didn't 2.1 million chips were photographed ready and in hand by an ex-Bitsyncom member in late June and posted on this forum.

There were never 2.1 million chips photographed at one time, that would be 210 boxes. And it would be something like 700Gh/s, well over the current total network strength, so its not even possible for that many chips to be in use.

Even if they manufactured 1 million chips as they've said, most of them are likely not in use at the moment at all.

Well all I can see there is 26 rows of 10 per tray.

260 chips a tray.

10 trays a small box.

2,600 chips per small box.

3 boxes per large box.

7,800 chips per large box.

I thought someone stated there were 2.1 million in another thread. Also going in facts from anothe thread these would have been made week 24 at TSMC from the alphanumeric script printed in each chip.

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 03:28:00 AM

Which would mean you'd need 270 boxes of chips to equal 2.1 million.  I've never seen a photograph of 270 boxes.

There may be other evidence that that many have been made, but there's never been a photograph of all of them in one place, as far as I know.

Someone posted a link showing tracking data on 135 boxes somewhere - that totals 1.05 million chips, about the same number that Yifu claims to have produced.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:30:47 AM

Which would mean you'd need 270 boxes of chips to equal 2.1 million.  I've never seen a photograph of 270 boxes.

There may be other evidence that that many have been made, but there's never been a photograph of all of them in one place, as far as I know.

Someone posted a link showing tracking data on 135 boxes somewhere - that totals 1.05 million chips, about the same number that Yifu claims to have produced.

Well it's clear you need that BTCman forum thread translated.

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 03:34:13 AM

Well it's clear you need that BTCman forum thread translated.

Either there's a photo of 270 boxes of chips, or there isn't. if there's no photo, you can't say "2.1 million chips have been photographed".  The fact that someone posts something on a forum doesn't make it true.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:35:31 AM

The above post with the tracking shows 135 boxes.   Even 1mm chips would be hard for one group to roll out.    power (heat) density problems would be very hard to get solved.   but they have had 7 weeks to work on it, so just wait.   it will come

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: