Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:40:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A plea to Yifu  (Read 3548 times)
bigbeninlondon (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:47:43 PM

I know there's been a lot of discussion regarding the Avalon chips.  I don't have a huge stake in this game, but a couple hundred is enough for me to treat my family to a couple of nice dinners or a weekend trip.  I understand we knew that there were risks, and so this post is not an attempt to seek some kind of restitution.  I just simply want to know what happened.  Chips were supposed to be shipped out 6 weeks ago.  You claim that 200K chips are held up in customs and have been there for two weeks.  So here are my questions.

• Why were the chips 4 weeks late?
  • Why are the chips held up in customs?
  • Are you doing anything to get the chips out of customs?
  • When can we expect additional shipments to come out?
  • Do you have any plans to make up for this delay with people who trusted you with millions of dollars in capital?

I'm not on a witch hunt here, I just think the community as a whole would really appreciate a more complete picture.  You are frequently active on the forums, so I know you've been monitoring the situation, even if only passively.

Yifu, please let us know what is going on with our chips.  We just want to know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:49:54 PM

^ you are here.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:53:44 PM

you really expect an answer?
bigbeninlondon (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:55:41 PM

you really expect an answer?

I don't know; I figured this was better than stomping our feet and beating our chests in the "I'm not dead" forum.  Maybe a direct approach will get his attention? 
bigbeninlondon (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:56:23 PM

^ you are here.

Progress right?  Smiley
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:57:42 PM

Maybe a direct approach will get his attention? 

i've always said the best approach would be for someone to go to NYC and find him.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:59:13 PM

^ you are here.

Progress right?  Smiley

Lol, keep up the good fight, bro. Wink

bystander

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:37:37 PM

I know there's been a lot of discussion regarding the Avalon chips.  I don't have a huge stake in this game, but a couple hundred is enough for me to treat my family to a couple of nice dinners or a weekend trip.  I understand we knew that there were risks, and so this post is not an attempt to seek some kind of restitution.  I just simply want to know what happened.  Chips were supposed to be shipped out 6 weeks ago.  You claim that 200K chips are held up in customs and have been there for two weeks.  So here are my questions.

• Why are the chips held up in customs?
  • Are you doing anything to get the chips out of customs?
  • When can we expect additional shipments to come out?
  • Do you have any plans to make up for this delay with people who trusted you with millions of dollars in capital?

I'm not on a witch hunt here, I just think the community as a whole would really appreciate a more complete picture.  You are frequently active on the forums, so I know you've been monitoring the situation, even if only passively.

Yifu, please let us know what is going on with our chips.  We just want to know.

He's going to level with us all just like Dr. Rumack from Airplane:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sVdXg0aYYw
bystander

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:42:45 PM

i've always said the best approach would be for someone to go to NYC and find him.

If one of the filings with the FBI go through, it's not entirely implausible for them to flag him in the system.  Once once he steps into any US-controlled port of entry he could be pulled into a room for interrogation or possible apprehension.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 07:55:29 PM

If one of the filings with the FBI go through, it's not entirely implausible for them to flag him in the system.  Once once he steps into any US-controlled port of entry he could be pulled into a room for interrogation or possible apprehension.

I thought the same exact thing--for about two seconds.

the "i'm not dead thread."

Just got off the plane, expect lots of news tomorrow.

He just got off the plane! Care to guess at what airport? Clue: CNY not NYC.
warhawk187

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:01:29 PM

If hes ignoring people with thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of $, hes not gonna respond to you personally via this forum over a missed family vacation, no offense. It took an angry mob just to get 'an update'. Best bet is to call him (347 number somewhere going around here, I could be wrong) and see if he picks up and ask him yourself. No doubt that dozens, if not hundreds have already tried and would probably have updated the lot of us if we got anything more than "Stuck in customs, keep waiting".

Considering the gov't is quite corrupt there (it is here too, but differently, kinda), maybe he did have to bribe several people/gangs along the way to get those chips shipped out of the country if they caught word about them and did any research into what these chips did. The amount of possible explanations is endless.

The lack of updates and communication is incredibly unprofessional. And the "stuck in customs, keep waiting" seems like a modified excuse from BFL's handbook.

Can anyone here, who even remotely knows him, remind him that hes fucking over a lot of dedicated, talented people for every day the chips are late?

Maybe he just doesn't give a shit because he has all his $ and doesn't need your business anymore, much less his attention to this clusterfuck he has created here.

dyseac

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:08:45 PM

I don't have a huge stake in this game, but a couple hundred is enough for me to treat my family to a couple of nice dinners or a weekend trip. 

Fuck your 4 weeks and family dinners. Why were our batch# 3's 12 weeks late??

Let's just face it. He's a dog.
bigbeninlondon (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:09:13 PM

I don't have a huge stake in this game, but a couple hundred is enough for me to treat my family to a couple of nice dinners or a weekend trip. 

Fuck your 4 weeks and family dinners. Why were our batch# 3's 12 weeks late??

Let's just face it. He's a dog.

Fuck you too buddy.
jermwerty

Activity: 472

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:30:34 PM

*** your 4 weeks and family dinners. Why were our batch# 3's 12 weeks late??

Those complaining about chips have little to gripe about versus the B3 being MUCH more costly and MUCH more delayed.

Remember chips weren't even ANNOUNCED when B3 went up for sale.

Any compensation SHOULD go to B3 owners first. 

And no, I don't think there will be any compensation. 
warhawk187

Activity: 327

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:43:19 PM

TBH Batch 3 was egregiously overpriced...

glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:47:52 PM

^^^ batch 3 wasn't overprice --- if it wasn't 3 months late. As is will be break even and get a small ROI but it's not as great investment as it looked originally.

As someone who has been to China and has friends in China, just wanted to say briefly that 'shit is different over there'. I'm not defending Yifu or apologizing for his lateness, but, folks got to keep in mind business is just done differently over there. If there is a customs problem that means that right person was not paid the right amount. Bribery is just the primary way business gets done over there, folks do not have the same legal protections or recourse available to them.  I don't know the details of the situation but that's just the fact of doing business with companies in China. 

Even up to multinational company level, you have to pay many bribes 'fee's' to many people and you are at there mercy, you can complain  to any sort of business organization or the police or anything. It's a much different system than in North america.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
bigbeninlondon (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:54:02 PM

^^^ batch 3 wasn't overprice --- if it wasn't 3 months late. As is will be break even and get a small ROI but it's not as great investment as it looked originally.

As someone who has been to China and has friends in China, just wanted to say briefly that 'shit is different over there'. I'm not defending Yifu or apologizing for his lateness, but, folks got to keep in mind business is just done differently over there. If there is a customs problem that means that right person was not paid the right amount. Bribery is just the primary way business gets done over there, folks do not have the same legal protections or recourse available to them.  I don't know the details of the situation but that's just the fact of doing business with companies in China. 

Even up to multinational company level, you have to pay many bribes 'fee's' to many people and you are at there mercy, you can complain  to any sort of business organization or the police or anything. It's a much different system than in North america.

That's what I've come to understand. 

I think we are still entitled to an explanation.  Four weeks went by before these even got to custom.  I just want an answer.  If Yifu ignores me, then I'm no worse off than everyone beating their chests in the "Not Dead Thread".  Maybe my post publicly directed at Yifu will get a response.   I'm not holding my breath, but what's the harm?
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:56:40 PM

As someone who has been to China and has friends in China, just wanted to say briefly that 'shit is different over there'. I'm not defending Yifu or apologizing for his lateness, but, folks got to keep in mind business is just done differently over there. If there is a customs problem that means that right person was not paid the right amount. Bribery is just the primary way business gets done over there, folks do not have the same legal protections or recourse available to them.  I don't know the details of the situation but that's just the fact of doing business with companies in China.  

Even up to multinational company level, you have to pay many bribes 'fee's' to many people and you are at there mercy, you can complain  to any sort of business organization or the police or anything. It's a much different system than in North america.

I think we are still entitled to an explanation.  Four weeks went by before these even got to custom.  I just want an answer.  If Yifu ignores me, then I'm no worse off than everyone beating their chests in the "Not Dead Thread".  Maybe my post publicly directed at Yifu will get a response.   I'm not holding my breath, but what's the harm?

No they didn't 2.1 million chips were photographed ready and in hand by an ex-Bitsyncom member in late June and posted on this forum.

bigbeninlondon (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:01:39 AM

As someone who has been to China and has friends in China, just wanted to say briefly that 'shit is different over there'. I'm not defending Yifu or apologizing for his lateness, but, folks got to keep in mind business is just done differently over there. If there is a customs problem that means that right person was not paid the right amount. Bribery is just the primary way business gets done over there, folks do not have the same legal protections or recourse available to them.  I don't know the details of the situation but that's just the fact of doing business with companies in China.  

Even up to multinational company level, you have to pay many bribes 'fee's' to many people and you are at there mercy, you can complain  to any sort of business organization or the police or anything. It's a much different system than in North america.

I think we are still entitled to an explanation.  Four weeks went by before these even got to custom.  I just want an answer.  If Yifu ignores me, then I'm no worse off than everyone beating their chests in the "Not Dead Thread".  Maybe my post publicly directed at Yifu will get a response.   I'm not holding my breath, but what's the harm?

No they didn't 2.1 million chips were photographed ready and in hand by an ex-Bitsyncom member in late June and posted on this forum.

No they didn't what?

Yifu said they were held in customs since 2 weeks.  I take that to mean that there were 4 weeks between the end of the promised lead time and when the chips hit customs.  What happened during that time?  If chips were ready, why did they sit for 4 weeks?
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:05:21 AM

I am not sure if people understand that all goods that LEAVE china must clear customs (chinese customs).   We ship 2-4 containers a week out of china, and everything on them is declared to customs minimum 3 days before the container leaves.   If it does not clear chinese customs, it is not allowed on the ship.   Sometimes when you EMS 5-10 boxes, you can get them out with no customs approval.  But, if you send too many they will hold for customs.    Then you just have to send someone to deal with customs.    It usually delays them a couple days.   
I am not defending Yifu's story (because I think it is complete BS and I adamantly believe he stole batch II units from us and mined them himself), I am just seeing a lot of people confused about customs (and which customs it is).
BTW, once you get your goods to HK, they have been cleared through chinese customs and you can easily send them wherever you wish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: