Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:31:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [AUCTION] Avalon Batch 3: 1 Module starting bid: 1 BTC!  (Read 4217 times)
lukestokes (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 102

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 02:02:39 AM

And yes, there is a catch.

I'm the guy who fried an Avalon by not plugging in all the power cables. 3 of the 4 modules have been sold and are currently mining away. The rest of the components are up for sale (make me an offer). 1 of the modules, unfortunately, appears to be dead.

From the buyer:

I picked them up and tested all three modules in a module-less Avalon. Unfortunately, one of the three doesn't work and it's the left of the two module pair, which means I would have to separate the pair. I tested all of them individually and for that one, the Avalon doesn't power on, the fans don't kick on, and the lights turn the dreaded red. If that one isn't connected, everything works normal.

Instead of having it shipped back to me, the buyer has agreed to ship it to whoever wants to buy it. Some may want it for the ASIC chips, others may have an idea what's wrong, a soldering gun, and a sense of adventure, but either way, I'm starting the bid at 1 BTC. I'll let it run for 48 hours. If you make me an amazing offer, I'll consider ending the auction early.

Who's up for a challenge?

http://www.foxycart.com: Helping developers create flexible, powerful, custom ecommerce in less time, while equipping merchants with the fastest checkout flow available to their customers. 60+ payment gateways, including Bitpay. Bitrated user: lukestokes.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cchan

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 04:38:29 AM

1btc for it.
lukestokes (OP)

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 02:27:41 PM

Oh, look, a pretty count down clock. Smiley

I still think this is a great adventure for those who want to tinker with an Avalon module and have the means to do so.

http://www.foxycart.com: Helping developers create flexible, powerful, custom ecommerce in less time, while equipping merchants with the fastest checkout flow available to their customers. 60+ payment gateways, including Bitpay. Bitrated user: lukestokes.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:31:47 PM

I still think this is a great adventure for those who want to tinker with an Avalon module and have the means to do so.

Thanks for you counting down gif, very beautiful, bookmarked it Smiley and I offer you 10 BTC for the module~

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:11:19 PM

Thanks for you counting down gif, very beautiful, bookmarked it Smiley and I offer you 10 BTC for the module~

Sorry, I did not read carefully, this is not a working module! Change my offer to 1.5BTC.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
lukestokes (OP)

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 03:40:43 PM

Sorry, I did not read carefully, this is not a working module! Change my offer to 1.5BTC.

Ah, sad face. Thanks for clarifying.

driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:45:55 PM

it has 80 chips per board?
How many of them "look burned"?
This is what you are selling right?
http://thegenesisblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/avalaon_asic_card.jpg
driksson

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:50:40 PM

you would ship to EU?
lukestokes (OP)

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 08:09:47 PM

it has 80 chips per board?
How many of them "look burned"?
This is what you are selling right?
http://thegenesisblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/avalaon_asic_card.jpg

The chips themselves don't look burned at all. The picture I posted previously was of the closest module to the PDU which just had some soot on it from the wire insulation. That one is mining away just fine.

I think the one that isn't working was the farthest one from the board since the power cables feeding power to those two modules were melted. My hunch is there was some kind of power spike. Here are some pictures of the modules I took as I was separating them (I sold 3 to one person and 1 to someone else).

This is not the actual module for sale, but the one I cleaned up which is working fine:

The module I'm selling comes as is. I'm not sure what's wrong with it, or if the chips themselves are damaged. Hopefully it's something simple like the top power board.

As for shipping to the EU, you'd probably have to cover the cost of that. The original buyer agreed to ship it, but he's in the US and shipping to the EU would probably cost more than he's willing to pay. Can you give me an idea of how much that would be?

ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:47:45 PM

I am glad you read again.

1.75 BTC

I try to be respectful and informed.
lukestokes (OP)

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 06:34:54 PM

Minutes after I originally posted this auction, I got an offer for 5 BTC. Guess I should have taken it. Sad

Something felt wrong about closing out an auction so quickly.

Oh well. There's still time for someone with a sense of adventure! The module has something wrong with it... like a puzzle waiting for your enjoyment... not to mention 80 avalon chips.

ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:06:14 AM

2.25 BTC

I try to be respectful and informed.
lukestokes (OP)

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 03:11:28 AM

Sold. Sorry, I didn't really think about the timing on this auction so it may not ship out until Monday. I'll check with the buyer and see what options we have.

cchan

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:29:31 AM

Sold. Sorry, I didn't really think about the timing on this auction so it may not ship out until Monday. I'll check with the buyer and see what options we have.

already sold?
driksson

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:50:40 AM

still 3 hrs left!!!
driksson

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:10:21 AM

still 3 hrs left!!!
lukestokes (OP)

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 12:41:29 PM

Shoot. The countdown clock must have been messed up. I started the auction at 8pm and set it for 48 hours. My sold post was at 9pm. So sorry for the confusion, that's the last thing I wanted to create.

cchan

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:46:49 PM

well, how much did you sell?
driksson

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:35:57 PM

yeah, guess i'd gone to 4 at least.. maybe 5.
lukestokes (OP)

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 10:57:31 PM

yeah, guess i'd gone to 4 at least.. maybe 5.

Sucks to be me. I'm still finalizing the sale. If it falls through for some reason, you'll be next in line at "4 or 5."

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: