Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:24:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin consuming too much Electricity.  (Read 918 times)
SummonKing2

Activity: 210
Merit: 128

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:46:59 AM

Maybe so much power is getting bitcoin because it has a lot of users in different countries. The reason bitcoin uses a lot of energy is rooted in the way the bitcoin network operates. A digital currency, bitcoin is not controlled by any central bank or commercial clearinghouse but by a network of users who expend large amounts of computing power, and thus energy, building a so-called “blockchain” of bitcoin payments transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nightfury

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:48:00 AM

I think miners should start invest on renewable energy source (solar panels, wind turbines) to lessen the impact of bitcoin on environment?

That'll be a good idea for using green or any sort of renewable energy as we know how energy consuming bitcoin mining is. If we can just use other source of green energy, then that will be a very good move for both miners around the world.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
semutracing

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:50:35 AM

I think miners should start invest on renewable energy source (solar panels, wind turbines) to lessen the impact of bitcoin on environment?

yes a good idea, it's also for the development of bitcoin to always survive because if the power source is thinning of course will result in high operational costs incurred by the miners
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:57:22 AM

It is so idealistic to think of having renewable energy source so that mining bitcoins won't take so much of the electricity. But the real thing around here is this. Is the renewable energy is enough to support the whole system of mining? If yes, then we can go using those. But if not, clearly, we are stuck using electricity or still we end up losing. Time is money in trading.
Shwester

Activity: 111
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:06:34 AM

Bitcoin’s “mining” network uses more electricity in a year than the whole of Ireland, according to statistics released as the currency broke $9,000 for the first time.
Tubagus86

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:27:12 AM

I think if bitcoin mining uses a lot of vga and many other devices so that the required electricity is quite wasteful.
Yes I strongly agree with this opinion, the miner bitcoin can spend electricity by using VGA which continually operate, even very influential on global warming, therefore must be created the latest hardware in minning device that low electricity consumption.
codpku

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:02:49 AM

If you take a way to be
 miner that was a risk you have to take, but if you get much from that i think thats okey to pay electricity bill

derago21

Merit: 12

Crypto Enthusiast!

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:09:00 AM

The country where I'm from charges more on electricity and looking at the mining rates w.r.t to the current difficulties, I would just neglect this option and look for other better ways of tripling my coins.
adekpulpen

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:21:54 AM

yes it is the main problem of bitcoin miners
they are required to always activate their device for 24 hours without stopping in a week
and that of course requires a lot of electric power, the miners must have an alternative energy so as not to disturb the other about electricity
harrypotter1229

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:27:16 AM

This will be a trend. Although the bitcoin mining is mainly dominated by some remote areas of idle power, but consumes a lot of power has been criticized. Renewable energy will be considered in the future large mines, which is also good for our living environment.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:41:17 AM

This will be a trend. Although the bitcoin mining is mainly dominated by some remote areas of idle power, but consumes a lot of power has been criticized. Renewable energy will be considered in the future large mines, which is also good for our living environment.

i guess bitcoin is not the only guilty party here because there are a lot of big altcoin mining farms also and these ones are also consuming huge power supply and are worthy of criticism. I will also support renewable energy in the future but until them lets not lump all the blames on bitcoin miners.
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:46:40 AM

It isn't expending excessively Electricity in light of the fact that bitcoin isn't a machines it is only a procedure of movement through framework in system or it is only a route procedure of your assessments. When you connected, you are finding out positions yet it is a well ordered process. So no reason at all that it devours excessively power since we utilize power day by day and it is normal utilized by all.
lee cooper

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:56:15 AM

I think miners should start investing in the renewable energy source (solar panels, wind turbines) to lessen the impact of bitcoin on the environment?
Yes, I agree too much using Bitcoin electrical power. But in my opinion, it doesn't matter, because one of the supporting tools to access the Bitcoin is electrical power.
rose8963

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:02:22 AM

I think miners should start investing in the renewable energy source (solar panels, wind turbines) to lessen the impact of bitcoin on the environment?
Yes, I agree too much using Bitcoin electrical power. But in my opinion, it doesn't matter, because one of the supporting tools to access the Bitcoin is electrical power.
Bitcoin mining consumes a lot of power due to the increasing difficulty of the digger, so the diggers must operate at full capacity to decode the complex bitcoin algorithms. That causes electricity to be consumed a lot, so there are now many bitcoin farms that are using renewable energy sources such as wind, water and solar.
fredo123

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:07:27 AM

There are country who has lesser charges of electric bill, such as, Netherlands, France, and China. But a hint from my friend, if ever you wanted to save energy, we might shift to solar energy, It is quite expensive, but it last long, about 20 to 30 years.Smiley
xiaopang11

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:09:46 AM

COINS now there are many people think that mining waste energy, said the currency is the product of a kind of useless, but also consume a lot of energy to mining, so a boycott of the currency, COINS, if can use renewable energy mining against the currency, I believe will be less
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:20:00 AM

What is the energy consumption of the world wide banking system?

I mean, including everthing: salaries and bounties, buildings (incl. its energy consumption), transaction costs, everything related to FIAT (printing, transporting and storage), banking fees, safes, vaults and a lot more...

I bet this number is a lot higher right now, than Bitcoin will ever consume.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:22:02 AM

Well some environmentalists have put forward that concern and I moght have a read an article about that topic long ago and learned that some are worrying that it kight impact the consumption of electricity when a lot of mining is done as evidenced by computers shorting out if not properly rigged to withstand the pressures of the mining activities that would be done
madainfamous

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:23:18 AM

That is a very nice idea but mining bitcoin requires too much power. Renewable sources are not a big help because it produces low power unlike the one the industry is already using.

inmediate.io | The Smart Insurance Platform
Making Policies Transparent and Trustworthy
sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:28:37 AM

You are just right. I would say that it should only be miners but every sector that depend heavily of electricity for production and services. As an environmentalist, i was totally concerned when i read about the impact of cryptocurrency mining on the environment. That was what lead me to passionately want to make www.envion.org/en/ico a success.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: