Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:57:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DollarPounds [DPS] Red Dwarf tribute currency.  (Read 14082 times)
jonoiv (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 526

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:45:44 AM

one of those headless servers is mine, i setup a amazo ec2 so there would always be atleast one client on at all time.  And i know how you feal i lost 20,000 when i resalvaged my wallet after the last fork.

j

p.s. that reminds i should probably check that server and see what its mined, its been going for a month or 2 now.

Nice one thank you!  I always had a client open too, but the power cuts were biblical. 

Sorry to hear you had lost some coins too.   

Signature for hire!
jonoiv (OP)

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:46:47 AM

Will old client still work? I just made pool and wallets are old client version.

For my desktop I will want to switch to less CPU intensive version. But the current one is not overloading the pool and extra POS added is nice.

Did you get the coins I sent for the give away?  I have a feeling they were from the bad chain. 

Signature for hire!
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 12:59:34 AM

Nope never did.

I'm hoping pool fees will fund giveaways.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
jonoiv (OP)

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:40:56 AM

Nope never did.

I'm hoping pool fees will fund giveaways.

The DPS foundation address had about 14000 as I remember.  Kryten emailed it back to me and I have it somewhere.

I will sync it after the new year and send you 5000 to get you started.   

Signature for hire!
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 02:18:53 AM

Thanks.

I hope as the exchange opens the pool will pick up. At this point difficulty is very low and solo mining generates a lot of coins. Also every one that is mining up to now is doing it solo and doesn't have much reason to change yet.

Newcomers are more used to pool mining so I should grow over time.
I do like this pool software the mobile interface is nice. Still doing a few fine tuning tweaks to make the UI look nicer

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
jonoiv (OP)

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:55:55 PM

Thanks.

I hope as the exchange opens the pool will pick up. At this point difficulty is very low and solo mining generates a lot of coins. Also every one that is mining up to now is doing it solo and doesn't have much reason to change yet.

Newcomers are more used to pool mining so I should grow over time.
I do like this pool software the mobile interface is nice. Still doing a few fine tuning tweaks to make the UI look nicer

Added your pool as the official pool on the foundation website and on our forum.  A link to your explorer too.  Cool
http://www.dollarpounds.org/index.html

You have the perfect wesite name for a pool!  how amazing does Red Dwarf fit the crypto currency world Smiley

I mean, dollarpounds and a mining corporation in the show.  

I will update the first post and as soon as my wallet has caught up I will send the payment for the scicointalk handout.  

Thanks for supporting this coin.  I am working on the POS issue, but it may take a while.

Boys from the Dwarf!

I'm off to listening to "Rastabilly Skank" now Wink

Signature for hire!
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 12:32:54 AM

Thanks I'm happy to do so. Pool was down because of blokchain issues and Hosting co upgrades.

But it's back up now.

All it needs is people mining so lets go folks. I'll be bumping all the giveaway threads starting tomorrow

jonoiv (OP)

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:26:16 AM

Thanks I'm happy to do so. Pool was down because of blokchain issues and Hosting co upgrades.

But it's back up now.

All it needs is people mining so lets go folks. I'll be bumping all the giveaway threads starting tomorrow

Good good.

Sent the 5000.  the foundation address only had 300 Cheesy

but I had some in my personal wallet Smiley
TX ID     c745de58a3c2e83467fa1a60d70cdfdb98a7ff6c228d18b7b5939ace8296565d

When the give away is in full swing send me the link I will add it to page 1.

Signature for hire!
Winst69

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:11:32 PM

Glad to see the pools up and running.
Will leave a pc mining on it for as long as I can.
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 05:46:01 PM

Jupiter Mining Company is Giving a Block Finder Bounty

Starting 0000 GMT 1/4/2014 each miner that finds the block will receive a  5DPS finders bonus.

So join the pool and try to reap the reward.

mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 08:39:02 PM

http://www.scificryptocoin.org/index.php/general-information/how-to-mine/mine-dps

Updated Guide to mining to include the pool

bluestang

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:07:27 PM

Yippy!  Went from 50,000+ DPS down to 241 DPS after the update  Angry

Glad to see me mining to try and move the coin and chain along was worth it  Roll Eyes

Just lost my support.

Cryptsy Trade Key: 3d74ea28a32572a77c108116c46ba67a65834bfc
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:17:39 PM

I cant even log in into my account at jupitermining.co
jonoiv (OP)

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:36:57 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 02:34:23 PM by jonoiv

They may have turned it off today! as they are anticipating the change.  

There is a hard fork planned to resolve some long standing issues!  
This is planned for today...
I would advise against mining today and wait until about the same time tomorrow, (when the chain is back up and resolved as intended).  As any coins mined later today could potenially be lost.

You will be ok to mine for the next 2 - 3 hours. until 16:00 GMT/UTC but after that, I would wait until the new client has been released.   Grin

I have made a new windows QT that is Red Dwarf Themed ....  This may be released later today as well  ( best guess about 20:00-23:00 GMT / UTC).

But I may just release an updated standard client....  it depends on time, we will see!   Cool

Signature for hire!
bluestang

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:44:09 PM

So what about all the mining and staking I did for a week or so straight up until about the 24th of December?

Also, I even loss the mining I did in October...about 12.5k worth of DPS...WTF!?

Cryptsy Trade Key: 3d74ea28a32572a77c108116c46ba67a65834bfc
jonoiv (OP)

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:20:29 PM

So what about all the mining and staking I did for a week or so straight up until about the 24th of December?

Also, I even loss the mining I did in October...about 12.5k worth of DPS...WTF!?

If you lost mining in October this is nothing to do with the recent fork of the chain due to the revival when the nodes were down.

It forked at block 128281. where we had previously gone way past this number. any PoW block before block 128282 is fine and PoS before that may re-stake when you resync the chain. 

It won't happen in future as more reserve nodes are being added for the hard fork.

Signature for hire!
perfectsquare

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

LiveChains.Net

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 05:40:33 PM

LiveChains in Conjunction with the pool owner have suspended the pool and payouts untill the new wallet is installed and running, there are several reasons we have decided to do this.

Most importantly to protect you the user from coin loss due to the fork.

Payments have all been processed upto the stratum shutdown and the wallet allowed to sync, this has now been killed on the server, last thing we want is to give you all doubble payments by mistake! Smiley

Whilst the pool is offline we will take the opertunity to update the MPOS front end with the latest release that has a slightly better layout and more bar graphs for you to look at and work with, breaking down shares much better, it also allows us to show Bonus Payments, at present they do not show within MPOS.

In addition to this LiveChains is performing inline customer updates on pools allowing each pool to make use of a european stratum or canadian stratum, lower latency all round and a faster service for out miners, and the removal of a single point of failure within the network

In many respects this fork has come at just the right time for us as a host and you as the user, being able to do the work with MPOS down, will allow us to do it much more smoothly.

I hope this goes some way to help you understand the current "Issues" regarding the JupiterMiningCo DPS Pool

Many Thanks
Mark S - LiveChains Team

LiveChains.net - Pool Rental Services & BlockChain Providers
frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:11:26 PM

I would advise against mining today and wait until about the same time tomorrow, (when the chain is back up and resolved as intended).  As any coins mined later today could potenially be lost.

You will be ok to mine for the next 2 - 3 hours. until 16:00 GMT/UTC but after that, I would wait until the new client has been released.   Grin

I have made a new windows QT that is Red Dwarf Themed ....  This may be released later today as well  ( best guess about 20:00-23:00 GMT / UTC).

But I may just release an updated standard client....  it depends on time, we will see!   Cool

can't wait, lost only 50k the last time
jonoiv (OP)

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:39:44 PM

can't wait, lost only 50k the last time

Unfortunately, if all nodes drop or if a couple of remaining nodes are ddosed even a PoS coin becomes vulnerable.  It forked and I am sorry for that, but It was out of my control, and was nothing to do with the new client.  I just had to choose the checkpoints based on the strongest chain.  There were some winners and some losers.  I was also in the losing camp.

Signature for hire!
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 11:23:08 PM

I'm working on getting the pool back up on the current client. Until we are ready to try again.

At least we can convert balances at pool with out losing them.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: