Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:23:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which votes would you want to have access to?
All: Everybody can see all the votes from and to one account - 4 (26.7%)
Only those related to you: One can see who voted for him and who he voted for - 2 (13.3%)
None: Only the votes you made - 3 (20%)
Hidden: The lists of votes are published but the voters are not displayed (this way each person can check his list is genuine) - 6 (40%)
Other: Explain in the thread - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk++ script - Thoughts about votes  (Read 1792 times)
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:48:55 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2013, 08:58:26 PM by jackjack

Looks like people don't agree on this matter

Before you vote, please keep in mind that:
  • You can't choose which account you "trust" like in theymos' trust system: everybody see the sum of all votes from everybody. (for now, it may change if there's enough demand)
  • Drawback of "All": people you rated -1 could rate you -1 too
  • Drawback of "None": I am the only one to have access to the votes and could manipulate them
  • I'll "ban" (not sure how yet) people abusing the system (like voting -1 for everybody) whatever the result is

Comment/explain/etc as much as you want in this thread
Full disclosure: I voted "Hidden"

Note that I don't state I will implement the chosen behaviour, it's just to know what people would prefer

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:16:38 PM

Does in any way mean that people can look up what other people have voted? For example will there ever be a list of people who gave "jackjack" a +1?

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:15:12 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2013, 10:40:11 PM by jackjack

Here are examples of what you will have access to depending on what option I'll apply
Hope this will answer your question

All

Quote from: People who voted for jackjack (or anybody else)
satoshi +1
infested999 -1

Quote from: Votes from jackjack (or anybody else)
theymos +1
BadBear -1

Quote from: People who voted for you
sirius +1
Atlas -1

Quote from: Votes from you
MPOE-PR +1
John -1

Related to you

sirius +1
Atlas -1

MPOE-PR +1
John -1

None

MPOE-PR +1
John -1

Hidden

Quote from: Votes from 0713a376c0815ead1d6ef38bb567b4b224fc549fc1ddf83093daecc0fd048ba7
theymos +1
you +1
BadBear -1

Quote from: Votes from dfd9ea718bd07cf3559f0ecb7bd8cdcd7aa3fc2aa41f805adbd785fbeebcf1a0
greyhawk+1
tysat -1
you -1

Quote from: People who voted for jackjack (or anybody else)
c3f8ef7053c4fb306f7476e7d1956f0aa992ff9dfdd5244b912a1d377ff3a84f +1
4cc250c23c885cdfd10603bfde782534be29a4e474829234b69929526138fc26 -1

0713a376c0815ead1d6ef38bb567b4b224fc549fc1ddf83093daecc0fd048ba7 +1
dfd9ea718bd07cf3559f0ecb7bd8cdcd7aa3fc2aa41f805adbd785fbeebcf1a0 -1

MPOE-PR +1
John -1

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
narayan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

I do not sell Bitcoins. I sell SHA256(SHA256()).

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:25:53 PM

Wow so you violate the privacy of those who use your script by posting their votes to demonstrate?

BTC: 1PiPooLvcEoBLuXBHbwUnN5rShs2nas223
LTC: LRq7YPMDoERSZcte9ZPNHQkUbfiPsY55VM
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:36:54 PM

Here are examples of what you will have access to depending on what option I'll apply

How could I even publish lists about "you" (as in "People who voted for you" and "Votes from you") anyway? Do you think my post is modified depending on the person who is viewing my post?

I'll be clearer though as it looks like it's necessary: those lists are fake, they are examples

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 05:04:51 AM

I prefer the "Hidden" option.  It can be seen from the comments in the trust system that when someone gets negative feedback they often give back negative feedback.  The private option would stop the tit-for-tat of -1 votes.

Another option could be to publicly show the votes from each of the member groups.  This way no one can tell who voted for whom and it would help stop people gaming the system using socks.  For example, the following distribution would look a little suspicious:

member123 [+5]
Brand New:   [+10, -0]
Newbie:   [+0, -0]
Jr. Member:   [+0, -0]
Member:   [+0, -0]
Full Member:   [+0, -0]
Sr. Member:   [+0, -0]
Hero Member:   [+0, -5]

+1 I vote for this

whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:52:55 AM

Division/exclusion by group is good.
Maybe weight +/-1's on rank, so someone can't register a ton of accounts to defraud a user.

(I'd just like to know who's -1'ing me.)

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:41:12 PM

I prefer the "Hidden" option.  It can be seen from the comments in the trust system that when someone gets negative feedback they often give back negative feedback.  The private option would stop the tit-for-tat of -1 votes.

Another option could be to publicly show the votes from each of the member groups.  This way no one can tell who voted for whom and it would help stop people gaming the system using socks.  For example, the following distribution would look a little suspicious:

member123 [+5]

I will do this. Not sure how yet but it's definitely something worth implementing.
It's not critical for now as I manually send passwords to people asking for them.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 03:21:57 PM

member123 [+5]

I will do this. Not sure how yet but it's definitely something worth implementing.
It's not critical for now as I manually send passwords to people asking for them.

I like this idea the best, opening it will just mean more drama and fake votes from retaliation (disclosure, haven't used it yet).

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
whiskers75

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:26:14 PM

member123 [+5]

I like this idea the best, opening it will just mean more drama and fake votes from retaliation (disclosure, haven't used it yet).

Add the option to hide votes from one group/user

jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:49:59 PM

I'll wait for more votes but I think I'll chose this option

Add the option to hide votes from one group/user
I don't understand what you mean

whiskers75

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:18:51 AM

If a lot of newbies are spam-voting one person, I should be able to set in preferences "Ignore votes from group: Newbies" or something of the sort.

jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:53:56 AM

Now that I'm thinking about it I'm not sure I want newbies being able to vote at all

favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 10:55:22 AM

Now that I'm thinking about it I'm not sure I want newbies being able to vote at all

+1 - just let them watch but not vote.

jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:06:08 AM

I'll put a minimum activity to vote. Say.... 85 Grin

favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 11:17:44 AM

I'll put a minimum activity to vote. Say.... 85 Grin

I DARE YOU

jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:31:01 AM

Actually I think 84 is the right lower limit.
It requires an account to be 2.5 months old and to post 84 posts. I think it's enough to have a bit of legitimity. I'll add a whitelist anyway.

Thoughts?

favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 11:35:58 AM

It requires an account to be 2.5 months old and to post 84 posts. I think it's enough to have a bit of legitimity. I'll add a whitelist anyway.

Thoughts?

I'd say something around 50 (1 month) should be fine too Cheesy

jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:02:49 PM

Thoughts?

I'd say something around 50 (1 month) should be fine too Cheesy

I prefer having a high limit and a big whitelist than a low limit and a big blacklist
For now it's not critical but I fear what will happen when I'll automate registrations

jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:58:36 PM

Vote locked
The 'Hidden' option won
Here are the lists: http://jackjack.alwaysdata.net/btoplusone/voteslist.php

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: