Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:13:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a chance that ALTCOIN will Replace Bitcoin In Future?  (Read 370 times)
LegendX

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:41:47 PM

I think bitcoin is too valuable to be replaced one day. I personally don't think this could happen
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptosaint$

Activity: 102
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:47:22 PM

It seems rising fees of Bitcoin BTC has causing people to leave it and attain other currencies.Probably the biggest challenge that bitcoin faces today is scalability. Currently, bitcoin users are being charged an average of over $30 per transaction and transactions can take several hours to confirm. So its a big disadvantage here for bitcoin
As far i think bitcoin will loose its value

I do foresee a future where Alts do takeover.

BTC is far too clunky for commerce use. The technology can be used in other dapp formats though.

I just constantly refer back to the beginning of the computer age. DOS is just like bitcoin, and windows and mac are the Alts.
aray80

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:38:13 AM

Of course not, Bitcoin opens the path as altcoin grows. and continue to increase the base on demand, but Altcoin claims that they are better than bitcoins, Bitcoin is definitely a protocol for sending value on the internet, and meets all the requirements to become a bona fide protocol ...
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:50:12 AM

Of course not, Bitcoin opens the path as altcoin grows. and continue to increase the base on demand, but Altcoin claims that they are better than bitcoins, Bitcoin is definitely a protocol for sending value on the internet, and meets all the requirements to become a bona fide protocol ...
Why no? I think in the next 20 years we will see a new coin built on more advanced technology, which will eventually shift the bitcoin from the first place. Bitcoin is far from perfect.
BitNinja2017

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:54:22 AM

Its true that BTC is like the gold standard and has first mover advantage over all the other Alt Coins, however i am still a strong believer that oneday there will be a coin that will surpass Bitcoin in market cap.
Whether or not that will be a "replacement" of Bitcoin is unlikely because Bitcoin will continue to be the highest valued cryptocurrency out there due to its nature.

I hope that answers the question Smiley
Nisharawal

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

I am no stable coin. to the mooonn.. and back

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:36:48 PM

It seems rising fees of Bitcoin BTC has causing people to leave it and attain other currencies.Probably the biggest challenge that bitcoin faces today is scalability. Currently, bitcoin users are being charged an average of over $30 per transaction and transactions can take several hours to confirm. So its a big disadvantage here for bitcoin
As far i think bitcoin will loose its value

Yes, i agree with you that rising fees of bitcoin causing people to leave it and the scalability issues of bitcoin had made to think on upgrading the bitcoin by the bitcoin developers and we can expect that bitcoin will soon be upgraded because of this issues. So after the updated version of bitcoin released in coming years, we will be seeing all the issues fixed like big time taken for completing the transaction will soon be reduced and also the other issues like scalability, high fees will soon disappear in coming years, as I believe that bitcoin will be developed as necessity is the mother off invention and right now the necessity to make this high fees disappear is required .

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain   ▰▰▰▰
WHITEPAPER   JOIN TELEGRAM   ◄ Ann Thread ►
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 12:53:13 PM

If they will not solve the problem of bitcoin which is the slow transaction speed and the high transaction fees, then in a decade or two it can be replace by another altcoin. However, this is just a pure speculation only since we know already that bitcoin is the first digital currency and its the most trusted coin. For me, there is a slight chance that it will be replaced if the said problems will not be solved as soon as possible.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██