Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:00:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If they don't have Stocks Available " Please Don't Buy " "No More Pre Orders"  (Read 2984 times)
eve (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:23:29 AM

They are 2 many scams and vendors breaking their promises on pre orders, so don't, don't and DON'T BUY Pre Orders.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:36:45 AM

yup, i agree, no more pre-orders
erem

Activity: 128

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:52:48 AM

Heh, however only those who preordered made a profit Smiley

eraziel

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:54:45 AM

You can go ahead and gamble with your bitcoins. It's probably the same chance to "make a profit" but certainly more fun than waiting for company X to deliver on their promises.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:58:11 AM

+1

Live by the pre-order, die by the pre-order.  Smiley

If you can't stand the heat of the pool, then get out.  Wink
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:58:38 AM

How do we know you guys aren't just Avalon B1/B2 owners protecting your hashrate?  Huh  Grin  Cheesy

People have tried worse stunts here.

I'm sorry, I apologize. You might be one of those burned pre-order guys. Care to share what happened since I see you're so intent on discouraging others from doing pre-orders at all?

Which I might mention: if miners never did pre-order, no one would have a miner today because these Application Specific Integrated Circuits had to be purposely designed from scratch to be built for this one specific purpose!

This was much too risky and niche for any real VC to take an interest in. I'm imagining such an elevator pitch wouldn't go too well. They eventually cloned the Kickstarter funding route that's all the rage and have taken advantage of the good will of their customers such crowdfunding usually endears.

Intel, AMD, and ARM didn't have any SHA-256 capable ASIC chips in stock for some reason when Avalon & BFL went to bat, which is why we still have this pre-order mess today.  Sad
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:01:12 AM

actually... no

only avalon batch 1. that's it (and journalists who got their BFLs)

ok
kmtan

Activity: 196

I love Bitcoin

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:10:08 AM

agreed.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:16:23 AM

actually... no

only avalon batch 1. that's it (and journalists who got their BFLs)

I think our batch 3s will ROI one way or another. In two weeks we mined 20% of what we paid for them. Hopefully Avalon offers a trade in deal for next gen like they did for Icarus/Lancelot customers. The FPGAs were selling for more than what you could mine with it, simply because you could trade it in for value on a purchase of an Avalon ASIC. It is possible we will ROI this way.

Another possibility is SHA256 ALT coins. Although Bitcoin may become unprofitable at some point, perhaps SHA-256 ALT coins will become more popular as people's Bitcoin ASICs become unprofitable. Thus injecting people into the SHA256 ALT coin communities and markets... price likely goes up. Kind of like how Litecoin became way more popular after GPU mining became unprofitable on Bitcoin.

Another possibility is as Bitcoing gets more popular, people with free power start popping out of the woodwork, offering to buy hardware for more than what others are willing to. If I lived in an apartment that offered free power, I know I would buy a rig. You could mine for years and years, and not have to worry about profitability or electrical efficiency.

A lot of things can happen, the future is impossible to tell, but you shouldn't worry too much after hardware has been ordered and it's hashing. We all made the decision to order the hardware, no one made us. It is partially our own fault and everyone should of known this was risky. What Bitcoin investment isn't risky though? Bitcoin in itself is inherently risky due to the wild fluctuations in the price.
kaerf

Activity: 631

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:17:57 AM

if you don't preorder, there will be little competition. you will be stuck with avalon and bfl as the major players. are they who you want to do business with?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:21:07 AM

if you don't preorder, there will be little competition. you will be stuck with avalon and bfl as the major players. are they who you want to do business with?

Good point. I was both a BFL customer (refunded) and an Avalon customer (delayed). Both of them left a bad taste in my mouth. I want other companies to come in and show them how it's done. These new companies will not be able to get off the ground without help from pre-orders.

Most people don't have millions around to fund R&D/production of a Bitcoin ASIC.
Coinmining

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:22:55 AM

Below are the last 20 posts of "Eve"... I think he/she needs some XanaX and ....relax...

Show us the working Asic Chips please.

We want to see the Asic Chips.

No More Group Buy. Stay Away

No More Pre Orders. Please

Don't Join Any Group Buy. Beware and Stay Away. The promoters don't give a shit if your orders has problems. They will Hide inside their Caves and pretend to not know anything.

Just Show US the Asic Chips.

The only thing missing is the Asic Chip, anything else is secondary. Show us the Asic Chips.

Stay Away No Pre Orders Please. Will turn out to be liked Butterfly and Avalon

Yes Please Show us the Asic Chips and the rest can come later

Remember No Pre order. and don't buy if they don't accept credit cards and paypal
It could turn out to be one, since they don't accept credit cards. Stay Away Please. No Pre order.

Yes No More Pre Orders

Yes, we have our internet inside our caves.

Stay Away and Stay Clear of Group Buys and Pre Orders. The promoters only wants to make money out of you.

Could end up like BFL 13 months later

Where is Mr.Abdi? mia? We thought he will come back with some good news like lowest price per gh/s, payment by paypal and credit cards and on time guarantee delivery?
mark my words could even be longer than 13 months or disappear totally into thin air

he is probably still sleeping and thinking what to do next.  

updating his profile on LinkedIn, copy some photos from the web and photo shop them, and other touch up, so they would looks real and not some vapourware.

They were so many new threads on hashfast seems like they are desperate to take your money. beware and stay away. No Pre orders and they don't accept credit cards or Paypal so stay clear.

They are 2 many scams and vendors breaking their promises on pre orders, so don't, don't and DON'T BUY Pre Orders.
eve (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:10:46 AM

Making sure everyone got my Message
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:18:48 AM

I've seen the chip..! If you haven't, check out some serious photos of real already mining chips. (ASICMINER, Avalon, BFL, Bitfury)

Group buys makes it cheaper (probably) and less risky to participate in the mining fever. You should probably next target that those miners -will not- make ROI.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 10:27:59 AM

This is why ignore lists exist.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 02:53:02 PM

So the real question is, if you don't want to pre-order, why are you pre-ordering?  If someone wants to pre-order, why do you care what someone else wants to do?

How are you forced to pre-order from any company?

Why do you feel compelled to want to control others in what they are able and allowed to do?

Preordering is a choice, not a requirement.  No one is required to preorder an ASIC.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
dplusf

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:11:28 PM

Best quote of the Day :-)
dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:12:54 PM

Well if I didnt pre order avalon batch 2 how do I get a faster RIO? Those who can take risk will be rewarded. Ya take it from someone with less than 200 posts telling everyone not to pre order

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:15:50 PM

So the real question is, if you don't want to pre-order, why are you pre-ordering?  If someone wants to pre-order, why do you care what someone else wants to do?

Why do you feel compelled to want to control others in what they are able and allowed to do?

Preordering is a choice, not a requirement.  No one is required to preorder an ASIC.

I think he/she means well, and is trying to forewarn people from being stung by unscrupulous business practices...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:20:33 PM

So the real question is, if you don't want to pre-order, why are you pre-ordering?  If someone wants to pre-order, why do you care what someone else wants to do?

Preordering is a choice, not a requirement.  No one is required to preorder an ASIC.

you are still without scammer tag here? incredible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: