Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:53:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: If they don't have Stocks Available " Please Don't Buy " "No More Pre Orders"  (Read 2980 times)
eve (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:23:29 AM

They are 2 many scams and vendors breaking their promises on pre orders, so don't, don't and DON'T BUY Pre Orders.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:36:45 AM

yup, i agree, no more pre-orders
erem

Activity: 128

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:52:48 AM

Heh, however only those who preordered made a profit Smiley

eraziel

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:54:45 AM

You can go ahead and gamble with your bitcoins. It's probably the same chance to "make a profit" but certainly more fun than waiting for company X to deliver on their promises.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:58:11 AM

+1

Live by the pre-order, die by the pre-order.  Smiley

If you can't stand the heat of the pool, then get out.  Wink
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:58:38 AM

How do we know you guys aren't just Avalon B1/B2 owners protecting your hashrate?  Huh  Grin  Cheesy

People have tried worse stunts here.

I'm sorry, I apologize. You might be one of those burned pre-order guys. Care to share what happened since I see you're so intent on discouraging others from doing pre-orders at all?

Which I might mention: if miners never did pre-order, no one would have a miner today because these Application Specific Integrated Circuits had to be purposely designed from scratch to be built for this one specific purpose!

This was much too risky and niche for any real VC to take an interest in. I'm imagining such an elevator pitch wouldn't go too well. They eventually cloned the Kickstarter funding route that's all the rage and have taken advantage of the good will of their customers such crowdfunding usually endears.

Intel, AMD, and ARM didn't have any SHA-256 capable ASIC chips in stock for some reason when Avalon & BFL went to bat, which is why we still have this pre-order mess today.  Sad
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:01:12 AM

actually... no

only avalon batch 1. that's it (and journalists who got their BFLs)

ok
kmtan

Activity: 196

I love Bitcoin

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:10:08 AM

agreed.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:16:23 AM

actually... no

I think our batch 3s will ROI one way or another. In two weeks we mined 20% of what we paid for them. Hopefully Avalon offers a trade in deal for next gen like they did for Icarus/Lancelot customers. The FPGAs were selling for more than what you could mine with it, simply because you could trade it in for value on a purchase of an Avalon ASIC. It is possible we will ROI this way.

Another possibility is SHA256 ALT coins. Although Bitcoin may become unprofitable at some point, perhaps SHA-256 ALT coins will become more popular as people's Bitcoin ASICs become unprofitable. Thus injecting people into the SHA256 ALT coin communities and markets... price likely goes up. Kind of like how Litecoin became way more popular after GPU mining became unprofitable on Bitcoin.

Another possibility is as Bitcoing gets more popular, people with free power start popping out of the woodwork, offering to buy hardware for more than what others are willing to. If I lived in an apartment that offered free power, I know I would buy a rig. You could mine for years and years, and not have to worry about profitability or electrical efficiency.

A lot of things can happen, the future is impossible to tell, but you shouldn't worry too much after hardware has been ordered and it's hashing. We all made the decision to order the hardware, no one made us. It is partially our own fault and everyone should of known this was risky. What Bitcoin investment isn't risky though? Bitcoin in itself is inherently risky due to the wild fluctuations in the price.
kaerf

Activity: 631

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:17:57 AM

if you don't preorder, there will be little competition. you will be stuck with avalon and bfl as the major players. are they who you want to do business with?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:21:07 AM

if you don't preorder, there will be little competition. you will be stuck with avalon and bfl as the major players. are they who you want to do business with?

Good point. I was both a BFL customer (refunded) and an Avalon customer (delayed). Both of them left a bad taste in my mouth. I want other companies to come in and show them how it's done. These new companies will not be able to get off the ground without help from pre-orders.

Most people don't have millions around to fund R&D/production of a Bitcoin ASIC.
Coinmining

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:22:55 AM

Below are the last 20 posts of "Eve"... I think he/she needs some XanaX and ....relax...

Show us the working Asic Chips please.

We want to see the Asic Chips.

No More Group Buy. Stay Away

No More Pre Orders. Please

Don't Join Any Group Buy. Beware and Stay Away. The promoters don't give a shit if your orders has problems. They will Hide inside their Caves and pretend to not know anything.

Just Show US the Asic Chips.

The only thing missing is the Asic Chip, anything else is secondary. Show us the Asic Chips.

Stay Away No Pre Orders Please. Will turn out to be liked Butterfly and Avalon

Yes Please Show us the Asic Chips and the rest can come later

Remember No Pre order. and don't buy if they don't accept credit cards and paypal
It could turn out to be one, since they don't accept credit cards. Stay Away Please. No Pre order.

Yes No More Pre Orders

Yes, we have our internet inside our caves.

Stay Away and Stay Clear of Group Buys and Pre Orders. The promoters only wants to make money out of you.

Could end up like BFL 13 months later

Where is Mr.Abdi? mia? We thought he will come back with some good news like lowest price per gh/s, payment by paypal and credit cards and on time guarantee delivery?
mark my words could even be longer than 13 months or disappear totally into thin air

he is probably still sleeping and thinking what to do next.  

updating his profile on LinkedIn, copy some photos from the web and photo shop them, and other touch up, so they would looks real and not some vapourware.

They were so many new threads on hashfast seems like they are desperate to take your money. beware and stay away. No Pre orders and they don't accept credit cards or Paypal so stay clear.

They are 2 many scams and vendors breaking their promises on pre orders, so don't, don't and DON'T BUY Pre Orders.
eve (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:10:46 AM

Making sure everyone got my Message
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:18:48 AM

I've seen the chip..! If you haven't, check out some serious photos of real already mining chips. (ASICMINER, Avalon, BFL, Bitfury)

Group buys makes it cheaper (probably) and less risky to participate in the mining fever. You should probably next target that those miners -will not- make ROI.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 10:27:59 AM

This is why ignore lists exist.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 02:53:02 PM

So the real question is, if you don't want to pre-order, why are you pre-ordering?  If someone wants to pre-order, why do you care what someone else wants to do?

How are you forced to pre-order from any company?

Why do you feel compelled to want to control others in what they are able and allowed to do?

Preordering is a choice, not a requirement.  No one is required to preorder an ASIC.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
dplusf

Activity: 258

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:11:28 PM

Best quote of the Day :-)
dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:12:54 PM

Well if I didnt pre order avalon batch 2 how do I get a faster RIO? Those who can take risk will be rewarded. Ya take it from someone with less than 200 posts telling everyone not to pre order

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:15:50 PM

So the real question is, if you don't want to pre-order, why are you pre-ordering?  If someone wants to pre-order, why do you care what someone else wants to do?

Why do you feel compelled to want to control others in what they are able and allowed to do?

Preordering is a choice, not a requirement.  No one is required to preorder an ASIC.

I think he/she means well, and is trying to forewarn people from being stung by unscrupulous business practices...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:20:33 PM

So the real question is, if you don't want to pre-order, why are you pre-ordering?  If someone wants to pre-order, why do you care what someone else wants to do?

Preordering is a choice, not a requirement.  No one is required to preorder an ASIC.

you are still without scammer tag here? incredible.
ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:37:58 PM

rather than ban pre-orders, I think we need to educate the community that pre-orders are not as appealing and could end up in a negative roi.  I do think that established companies like BFL, Asicminer, Avalon can do away with the pre-order model and have a rolling always in stock order, disable ordering after stock is not available and re-enable ordering system when stock is replenished.  This would guarantee quick shipping times, less customer complaints, less legal issues and also improve companies reputations. 
pacojones

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:48:43 PM

rather than ban pre-orders, I think we need to educate the community that pre-orders are not as appealing and could end up in a negative roi.  I do think that established companies like BFL, Asicminer, Avalon can do away with the pre-order model and have a rolling always in stock order, disable ordering after stock is not available and re-enable ordering system when stock is replenished.  This would guarantee quick shipping times, less customer complaints, less legal issues and also improve companies reputations. 

I think that this whole pre-order SNAFU will sort itself out in the next 6 months - people who have lost money (myself included) have learned and those coming in behind us will be able to educate themselves.  Unless BTC hits an all time high, I think, no HOPE that pre-orders will be a thing of the past and (like you said) we'll be back to 'normal' online purchasing (in stock and available or out of stock, come back later).

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:51:25 PM

rather than ban pre-orders, I think we need to educate the community that pre-orders are not as appealing and could end up in a negative roi.  I do think that established companies like BFL, Asicminer, Avalon can do away with the pre-order model and have a rolling always in stock order, disable ordering after stock is not available and re-enable ordering system when stock is replenished.  This would guarantee quick shipping times, less customer complaints, less legal issues and also improve companies reputations.  

I think that this whole pre-order SNAFU will sort itself out in the next 6 months - people who have lost money (myself included) have learned and those coming in behind us will be able to educate themselves.  Unless BTC hits an all time high, I think, no HOPE that pre-orders will be a thing of the past and (like you said) we'll be back to 'normal' online purchasing (in stock and available or out of stock, come back later).

Basically just one whole clusterf*ck of a transitionary peiriod.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 05:46:59 PM

Only people who preorder will ever make money.

If there was a miner being sold that you could get right now and it was profitable, everyone would buy it, difficulty would rise and it would no longer be profitable.

Only people who take a risk and preorder will ever have a chance of making a profit from mining.

I think it's great that you are telling everyone not to pre-order. Thats means more for me!

It's a gamble, some pre-orders have worked out, some haven't

Pre-orders that were good ideas:

- Avalon Batch 1
- Early Jalapenos
- Avalon batch 2

Bad ideas:

- pretty much anything else from BFL
- Avalon batch 3
- probably Avalon chips, but too early to tell
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:19:32 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2013, 07:34:52 PM by Sitarow

If there was a miner being sold that you could get right now and it was profitable, everyone would buy it, difficulty would rise and it would no longer be profitable.

Only people who take a risk and preorder will ever have a chance of making a profit from mining.

I think it's great that you are telling everyone not to pre-order. Thats means more for me!

- Avalon Batch 1
- Early Jalapenos
- Avalon batch 2

Bad ideas:

- Avalon batch 3

don't forget scam pre-orders Smiley

What I think we need is some kind of community authenticated pre-order product check in order to at least set a % of risk as to persons Identity as well as other facts.

However unrealistic to expect, we have lacked transparency with respects manufactures claims. Thus far Bitfury has raised the bar for ASIC details proven prior to taking pre-orders..
Kuroth

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 06:27:12 PM

Agree

tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:44:43 PM

To be fair to eve at least they have nice and short and to the point posts and replies.  Far better than a lot of the windbags around here.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
eve (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:05:00 AM

Right on the best way to my message across. Don' Buy if they don't have any stocks.
eve (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:44:03 PM

- Avalon Batch 1
- Early Jalapenos
- Avalon batch 2

Bad ideas:

- Avalon batch 3

don't forget scam pre-orders Smiley

What I think we need is some kind of community authenticated pre-order product check in order to at least set a % of risk as to persons Identity as well as other facts.

However unrealistic to expect, we have lacked transparency with respects manufactures claims. Thus far Bitfury has raised the bar for ASIC details proven prior to taking pre-orders..

Yes Please avoid any Pre Orders, and if they don't have stocks please don't Buy, and if they don't accept credit cards please Don't Buy.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:46:32 PM

- Avalon Batch 1
- Early Jalapenos
- Avalon batch 2

Bad ideas:

- Avalon batch 3

Early Jalapenos were a terrible idea. People took 20 BTC worth of currency and spent it to wait 11 months and get 8 BTC back from mining.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:52:27 PM

It it doesn't hash already, with a screenshot posted, I ain't buyin'

Frigging ridiculous. Still waiting for my BFL order, and now the whole Avalon chip fiasco.

JohnyBigs

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:36:36 PM

Your business along with Avalons is dead. Shouldn't you be preparing for trial?
cryptograd

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:41:20 PM

actually... no

I have batch 2 Avalon that I received i June I made my money back in 5 days....

Ive been making money ever since. woke up today made more money

Liked something I said ->17ry6rrknqmQ2S1NRArzdrNMmG2Zk449AE
Most important bitcointalk post in history
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120184.msg1381739#msg1381739
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:44:29 PM

actually... no

shhhh. so did i.  don't tell them you paid with BTC and via a pre-order.
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 06:03:07 PM

actually... no

In dollar terms, my Jalapeños have already returned ~3.5x what I paid for them. They funded a K16 (which might have gone sideways) and a Bitfury starter kit (still mostly on track AFAIK). I almost have enough accumulated again to add another H-board to the Bitfury rig before it arrives.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
eve (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:58:22 AM

Butterfly are coming out with another new scams, Stay Away Don't Buy any Pre Orders because they Don't have stocks and they Don't Accept Credit Cards.
eve (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:25:39 AM

Be on the lookout for the shill and troll from hashfast and cointerra they will say all the positive things and hide the real facts.
eve (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:23:29 PM

Good to know many newbie got my message. Too much Risks and Scams buying pre order.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:31:11 PM

actually... no

I have one of the last Avalon Batch #2 (Feb 18) units shipped.  I expect break-even in 3 more weeks.

I try to be respectful and informed.
megvon

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:41:20 AM

actually... no

The Scary thought is not delivering on time. We need to have the Vendors to Guarantee Delivery on Time.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:08:55 AM

The Scary thought is not delivering on time. We need to have the Vendors to Guarantee Delivery on Time.

My Avalon is making about 0.8 BTC per day this week, down a lot from the 5 or 6 BTC/day estimated in mid March.  I am in touch with the large amount of income that it could have made in March, April, May, and June.

Almost 10 years ago, I spent a very long time laying out a computer board, making prototype runs, getting the software right.  I posted photographs of operational prototypes, and I tried to collect pre-paid funds to do a cheaper production run.  I did not get the money, and I did not make the run.  No one was angry with me, but no one got a product, and I was effectively unemployed during my development time.

KickStarter is a thriving crowd sourced pre-paid project funding environment, and it is very, very cool.

I am convinced, if Bitsyncom / Avalon had not taken pre-orders, that the angst surrounding them would not exist.  I am also sure that I would not have an Avalon, and that the Avalon units that did sell would be much more expensive.

I am gathering funds now to make another pre-order paid with bitcoin.  I hope enough other people will pre-pay so that the technology growth continues.

I try to be respectful and informed.
eve (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:27:09 AM

Pre Order with No Guarantee of Delivery and No Refund is a dead end.
polarhei

Activity: 462

Firing it up

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:53:06 AM

Agreed. As there are many scams. Let see if kncminer is also...
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 06:20:19 AM

I swear, I thought the title of this thread was: If you don't have socks available...

[10:37 PM]   Mouth-Full-O-Earth : Josh, I have the negative bal problem
[10:41 PM]   polrpaul : [11:38 PM] Mouth-Full-O-Earth : Ok, I've passed that along for the devs to look at it
[10:41 PM]   polrpaul : [11:40 PM] BFL_Josh : I've passed that along for the devs to look at it
[10:41 PM]   polrpaul : I just thought it was peculiarly same language
[10:42 PM]   BFL_Josh : I think I hit hte wrong key when I was replying and it sent as him... not sure how that's possible, but it also copied his order number into my text box.

Fake customer support... that's a new low
Your $4mil at work
That confirms he is using socks.

And the following confirms he doesn't use them.

I wonder where the foul mouthed BFL spokesdude has gone too. The silence is deafening. Hello? If you miss your daily quota of personal attacks and trolling accusations, this is going to reflect badly in your performance review under the "productivity" section. Please think of the children and save Christmas.

Are you so dense that you haven't figured it out yet?  I only come in here and whip up the natives when the BFL mania dies down.  Right now, it's a raging fire, you don't need my input.  The top 10+ threads in the hardware forum are all about BFL.  If things start dying down again, I'll post more.

...and they're mostly debates about whether BFL is staffed by idiots or thieves.

You are one of my best workers Smiley  I appreciate you more than you know.

Thank you! Must be nice saving all the effort of creating sockpuppet accounts yourself.

Absolutely!  I don't believe in sock puppet accounts, I just get people like you to post constantly.
eve (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:35:34 AM

Pre Order without using credit cards or Paypal is a BIG RISKS. They will SURELY Ends Up like Avalon and Butterfly that delay and No delivery and you have no recourse to get back your Refund, but only bark and bark or shout and shout in this forum. If you used third party like Paypal or Credit cards you are protected and get refund when they delay or don't delivers.
karlmarxxx

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:41:20 AM

I would have no problems with pre-orders if they were like an iPhone preorder, as in a release date is posted, so there is a real deadline. That system I am ok with, what I am not ok with is using pre-orders as a vehicle for R&D. I think that future bitcoin miners should demand ownership in the company in return for the risk. This might allow for the miners to have voting rights to have some say in how the company manages the investments made to them and would allow an incompetent CEO to be replaced. Hopefully bitshares will solve that more easily, we shall see...

Either way no original asic company can say that the average customer made more money than just holding bitcoins or buying bitcoins on first day of orders. It's bad press for BTC when orders don't come for months and it makes it look scammy/ponzi/in need of regulation, which hurts the community as a whole.
NiteShdw

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:42:25 AM

In the beginning of ASICs, I can understand the need for pre-orders to get the funds to actually create the devices and there was little competition.  The difficulty rate wouldn't change dramatically over a few months.

However, now with the difficulty rate skyrocketing, it's very difficult to know what the rate will be in 3 months when a pre-order to due to be shipped, making it hard to make a good judgment on the ROI.

The rapidly changing difficulty rate means that ASIC vendors will need to start taking orders within a month of the order date so that pricing can be adjusted appropriately for the difficultly level.

I would caution consumers though that our pre-orders are funding large ASIC companies who will eventually have enough money to just built chips and mine for themselves with no incentive to sell the actual devices.  I predict that within the next 2 years that nearly all of the bitcoin hashrate will be provided by large farms from a few ASIC manufacturers rather than individual miners.
eve (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:56:10 AM

Stay Away from Pre Orders, especially the ones that don't allowed  Credit Cards and No Stocks available.
Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 03:04:55 PM

No Pre orders and they don't accept credit cards or Paypal so stay clear.

I look at the new companies webshops like Cointerra and Hashfast and its direct BTC or Bitpay payments only  Tongue

Fool me once (BFL) shame on them, Fool me Twice shame on me.

No CC or Paypal with CC then NO CANDY FOR YOU Angry

I'm on wait for CC payment with Bitfury US October order.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: