Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:05:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Understanding how to properly evaluate coins/tokens  (Read 720 times)
boakyei

Activity: 358
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 07:53:15 AM

Evaluating coins or tokens is based on the claims the tokens make to seek crowd funding.,the team of the project and the believe investors have in the project to materialized.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iblistenan

Activity: 462
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:56:13 AM

wow, that was really nice article. i mean taht full explanation and change how i see my investment. Ussualy i buy when dip sell when high like another person do, but now ill be more carefull and try to gain stable profit everyday.
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:03:53 AM

excellent aiticle , I read all airtcle And understand how to judge good coin , which facts need to count in mind while Investment. My question. If the coin is not registered not on Coincapmarket market still and Price goin down Each day. what should we do at this stage . i know this is silly question but I have invested 400 usd in one coin And Currently its become 250$ I am just keep holdinh and Waiting for right time
chanpinchen

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:10:33 AM

Good post , I will definite follow your advices ,spend time to evaluate coin/tokens before investing.
neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:13:40 AM

I think best adive is to read. You should read pages from pages every single detail of that coin. It will make you realize how ads are nothing but lies. So in the end you will find out best projects. Repux is nice one.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 03:40:09 PM

Good post , I will definite follow your advices ,spend time to evaluate coin/tokens before investing.

Thanks I appreciate it Smiley

Positivebetting
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:46:16 PM

A must read for those beginners who wants to start investing in an ICO or a particular coin it is indeed that proper knowledge is important in evaluating a coin or token because I'm pretty sure many here depends their investment on how other people decide and only copied majority of investors without even knowing what's really behind that thing.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 04:57:07 AM

A must read for those beginners who wants to start investing in an ICO or a particular coin it is indeed that proper knowledge is important in evaluating a coin or token because I'm pretty sure many here depends their investment on how other people decide and only copied majority of investors without even knowing what's really behind that thing.

Thanks man! Smiley

Positivebetting
efeyigit399

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:27:07 AM

this is a very difficult subject indeed. there are too many parameters that change this situation. it is efficient to decide what can be done after it has been thoroughly studied and researched
ezcrigbagk

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:45:00 AM

A coin must have clear fundamentals and have a clear value proposition. Does it solve any of the fundamental problems that current crypocurrencies face? If no, then no matter how high it goes, it will all be due a marketing/hype-job whose will be short lived and will leave everyone that doesn't dump on time bankrupt. This describes 99% of altcoins out there and this is the only valid analysis.

This is very true and is certainly a part of the evaluation process.
well said. What I understand is that you need to understand what this technology needs to do. Also understand what you want to do. If there is no certain practicality. That is sooner or later to collapse. To analyze what is useless coins is really not easy.
kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:16:00 AM

Thank you for the good article and I hope people will learn from this so they could add other information to them, at least they can know how to evaluate the coins. by combining what we read on that site and the other site, I think we can have much information that might be useful for us to analyze each coin so we can decide how much profit that we want.

Yes, I also fully agree with your opinion that a fairly high-quality article has been written about the evaluation of the coin and of course this will help us all to correctly evaluate certain projects, but let's not forget that there is always a risk and nobody does not guarantee the correct outcome
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 12:41:42 AM

Thank you for the good article and I hope people will learn from this so they could add other information to them, at least they can know how to evaluate the coins. by combining what we read on that site and the other site, I think we can have much information that might be useful for us to analyze each coin so we can decide how much profit that we want.

Yes, I also fully agree with your opinion that a fairly high-quality article has been written about the evaluation of the coin and of course this will help us all to correctly evaluate certain projects, but let's not forget that there is always a risk and nobody does not guarantee the correct outcome

Every investment has risk, but if you evaluate the coin then you have a better chance than simply picking random coins.

Positivebetting
Lizzie_Girl

Activity: 332
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:45:04 AM

I don't understand how anyone can invest in anything without doing their homework. You work so hard for your money, much too hard to simply throw it away. I like to follow the Dev and get an idea of his vision for the future of his coin/token and if it is backed by a good project ot not. I prefer there to at least be some sort of main idea and reason for the coins existence.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:01:21 AM

The checklist you mentioned is usually use when evaluating ICOs but when the coin is already in the market then it would depend on the developers if they are active in the project or not. It is also about proper communication because the market becomes stagnant for that coin because the creators of that coin are not very active as well so investors are getting impatient for updates. I am a short term trader so usually I am just updated to the latest news about some coins because these coins usually get the attention of the public and there would be a demand for that thus an increase in price. If you want to invest in a coin though for the long term then this list is needed.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 07:03:33 AM

In my own understanding there's a lot of things to consider when evaluating good ICOs and coins if you know how to research outside from this forum.
In my personal experience, I always visit coinmarketcap.com and look at the top gainers and losers of the day or week.
I also watch some YouTube videos about their coin evaluations, I know that some of them were paid by the companies but they are also Youtubers and Cryptocurrency evaluators they are neutral and evaluate coins according with their own humanly understanding.

BenR

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:06:46 AM

I don't understand how anyone can invest in anything without doing their homework. You work so hard for your money, much too hard to simply throw it away. I like to follow the Dev and get an idea of his vision for the future of his coin/token and if it is backed by a good project ot not. I prefer there to at least be some sort of main idea and reason for the coins existence.

Many ICO investors were early bitcoin/ether adopters. So they have crypto to spare. If they take a part of each pie, they could end up with even more profits.

I"m not saying it's smart or right. Just trying to get into their heads.
gestknpa

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:12:29 AM

Great job, buddy. I am evaluating mine, but I see so many lazy people that just jump from telegram group to telegram group where another lazy people give their superficial suggestions. Such a waste of time.
Always ask others can only get the opinions of others. I do not understand will ask others. But still have their own views. So still need to analyze their own.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 07:52:24 PM

Great job, buddy. I am evaluating mine, but I see so many lazy people that just jump from telegram group to telegram group where another lazy people give their superficial suggestions. Such a waste of time.
Always ask others can only get the opinions of others. I do not understand will ask others. But still have their own views. So still need to analyze their own.

People under estimate how smart they actually are. If you take them time to learn how to evaluate and then the time to actually do it, you can make a lot of money.

Positivebetting
jhean_arcane

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:43:07 PM

I am so pleased with your article! It is very straight-forward and informative. This is something I can share with my friends because recently, I felt I wasted a lot of effort in an ICO. And you are right, some whitepaper lacks the #15."-Is it absolutely necessarily to have the coin?". For a fairly new ctc investor, it takes me hours to evaluate a coin, but it really helps.  I've also read other of your articles, which are also nice.  Cheesy

█ ▌▐▐ KEPLER // BRINGING AI & ROBOTICS TO THE BLOCKCHAIN▐ ▌▐ █ (http://keplertek.org/#)
BlackBoxRecords

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:46:39 PM

A coin must have clear fundamentals and have a clear value proposition. Does it solve any of the fundamental problems that current crypocurrencies face? If no, then no matter how high it goes, it will all be due a marketing/hype-job whose will be short lived and will leave everyone that doesn't dump on time bankrupt. This describes 99% of altcoins out there and this is the only valid analysis.

Yes.. and no. The perfect coin would have great fundamentals, a clear use case and be at a 50% discount on pre-sale  Grin
However, as thing are today, it is possible to profit from a less than perfect coin as long as you know when to jump of the horse.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: