Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:03:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin really anonymous?  (Read 2002 times)
Jraf95

Activity: 170
Merit: 46

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:36:34 PM

You can say that real money is not really anonymous, unless you're strictly dealing with money in your hands. So once you convert it into money, then it's not Bitcoin anymore.
Well bitcoin is about to breaking a leg, in times bitcoin will be more popularized by all people and  I can't  say it is anonymous because we know that it will more know as one of the leading organization which people depends upon it as it give a lot of helps of all user, and bitcoin mostly break some peoples dignity about regular work. Some people stop their works to take bitcoin as fulltime as they know that it gives them fulfilment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Granslam

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:06:49 PM

Yes bitcoin is anonymous but what you are trying to say is the identity you will be giving when converting into cash, Of course the cashier will respond to that and approach you depending on the amount you withdraw.Bitcoin is really anonymous , because of this we can transact around the globe being untraceable for any threats.
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:47:06 PM

bitcoin is not entirely anonymous, there is still a little slit, if only a bitcoin transaction, there will be no problem, but if you want to change into fiat currency would require a local bank account for the funds you disbursed you can receive, and there Your personal information of course with current technology is very likely to be able to track it
I agree with you, bitcoin is not completely anonymous because with the latest technology all the transactions we have done can be traced. Technological developments are always much better than anyone who does not have a smarter knowledge of the internet, because everything to be able to use bitcoin is the internet network itself.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:40:37 AM

No, of course not, a lot of people can easily track you if you left a lot of finger prints on your bitcoin addresses, i mean, if you posted your address on Facebook, twitter, or any other social media.

Actually not. There is no reason or method from which someone can track you in this bitcoins world. If it is happening then what is the reason behind such security and safety for bitcoins. Why are these wallets and why there is so much checkpoints and password keys? Yes if someone is that much fool to put the links on social media then definitely your address is easy to be tracked.
marsmyname

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:51:09 AM

Not completely, but you can hide a lot with the right scramble service...
Yes we can say that this currency is anonymous to most of the extent as is provides the users a complete ambiguity regarding their possession and as well as their identity. But if it comes to hacking the Bitcoin are vulnerable to this menace as well so one has to invest some bugs to avail a security or scrambling service that is highly secured and reliable for the sake of keeping your online wallets hide from the community of cryptos.

aznboy84

Activity: 137

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:57:07 AM

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I have a friend who tried to withdraw more than 20 bitcoins in order to buy a House in my country, he couldn't because the bank was making a lot of trouble regarding to that "money".
In fact, he couldn't withdraw that money, and he is contacting a lawyer because of that.

But yes, those transactions are never going to be under the radar.. Lmao.

Cryptomagnus

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:27:42 AM

It's anonymous until you can keep separate you bitcoin address from your identity.
This is simple if you trade only bitcoin, but when you try to cash them you need to be very careful.

BobsRepair.com  /  Powered by S T E E M
▐|       JOIN TOKENSALE | Apr 4th       |▌
arrmia11

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:41:51 AM

Basically the nature of bitcoin is anonymous because of the security programs that it acquires, but when you do some transactions or if you will convert it to fiat currency it will be needing your identity. Your wallet address cannot be hacked unless you gave your important information such as passwords to other people.

LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 10:44:53 AM

Bitcoin is pseudo-anonymous. Its anonymity is not like monero and zcash. Your bitcoin address will be listed on the blockchain network but they can't track it because its pseudo - anonymous.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Kalemder
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1727

Be A Hope

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:09:03 AM

This is happening in time. Time is spreading among the people. You will find happier when BTC anonymous.

Kripto Para Rehberi: Koinmen
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:12:30 AM

Don't bet too much on bitcoin anonymity: every thing you do on the net is recorded, and you don't know when government will start to hunt you.
If you want anonymity, there are better currencies than bitcoin

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
cryptorampage

Activity: 56
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:17:23 AM

Bitcoin is not anonymous , perhaps it is pseudo anonymous, the transactions are open to the world. I think they decide ip address too. But there are 3 things you can see wallet, address and transaction history. But since they doing require any Id, I think we can't determine individual. If I am wrong please suggest me. I am happy to receive.
Canis Majoris

Activity: 126
Merit: 59

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:32:39 PM

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I have a friend who tried to withdraw more than 20 bitcoins in order to buy a House in my country, he couldn't because the bank was making a lot of trouble regarding to that "money".
In fact, he couldn't withdraw that money, and he is contacting a lawyer because of that.

But yes, those transactions are never going to be under the radar.. Lmao.

But these are fiat transactions, not Bitcoin's, right? You first convert your bitcoins to fiat at some exchange and then withdraw the money to your bank account. Any bank can start asking questions about the origin of this money, and this is sort of understandable. But as long as you don't cash out, Bitcoin is pretty anonymous for most intents and purposes. Of course, if you are a guy like Ross Ulbricht, they will do everything to track you down, Bitcoin or not, but if you are not, it may be prohibitively expensive to track everyone else.
Saimabutterfly

Activity: 257

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:57:00 PM

Well its not entirely annonymous anymore, the transactions or addresses are track-able, that is how governments are trying to put it under the Taxes.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:59:40 PM

My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks
If you are planning to make money legally then there is nothing to worry about,but how on earth are you able to make money in four to five weeks,what kind of magic solution is that to make that much amount in short time,are you planning to gamble to make money in a short period .Cheesy
james23

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:02:30 AM

My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin
It's not anonymous bitcoin is a caming from blockchain in a small amount bitcoin will double or triple money
hshr0h3110world

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:48:03 PM

It is not anonymous at all. If you've heard some speech from TedX, there's this one talk where the speaker describes a transaction with bitcoin. You'll feel anonymous when doing it because there'll be no physical contact or interaction between you and the market or the vendor. But with those ledger or logs of transactions, someone out there might be able to track you down. Though coin owners are not identified by any immediately identifiable ID, payments using Bitcoins are not anonymous by design, and leak information.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzN4WGPC4kc
Here's a simple analogy of the situation. Suppose that you, with a large number of people, are in a large room and wanted to exchange money anonymously. Let's say one way of doing it is by wearing masks, then exchange money. You feel anonymous with that? Maybe, but keep in mind that anyone there can observe how money changes hands. "If anonymous Eve gave Alice a coin, Eve can monitor the blockchain (the transparent ledger of transactions) to trace the coin for its entire life span." With that, you are anonymous only in a limited sense.
intoy_victor

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:16:33 PM

It's not literally anonymous, now a days almost all people in this world heard about bitcoin because of social media but they don't bother it because they say bitcoin is a scam. But I know someday bitcoin will the famous crypto currency because of it's value.
Blockfolioz

Activity: 230
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 12:41:06 AM

It's not literally anonymous, now a days almost all people in this world heard about bitcoin because of social media but they don't bother it because they say bitcoin is a scam. But I know someday bitcoin will the famous crypto currency because of it's value.
Now itself it is much famous for the price it has got. Till date it hasn't been a big news, now after reaching a value closer to $20000 it has reached the light through news portals as well through social media. Bitcoin is not completely anonymous, maybe in future due to government's intervention this feature too might get affected losing its goodness.
naglas

Activity: 233
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:11:45 AM

Bitcoin is not anonymous, but, rather, pseudo-anonymous. By now, most Bitcoin veterans know this. It’s less obvious to many, however, why Bitcoin is not really anonymous by default, and what can be done to de-anonymize Bitcoin users – and what Bitcoin users can do to reclaim their privacy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: