Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:47:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin really anonymous?  (Read 2002 times)
clarky

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:07:02 AM

Bitcoin is not that anonymous, but pseudo-anonymous one at the contemporary time. If you do transactions only your address and how plenty bitcoin you use will be seen in all bitcoin network, however your non-public data such as number, tackle and etc will no longer be seen via others for security privacy.Bitcoin is not anonymous, but, rather, pseudo-anonymous. By now, most Bitcoin veterans know this. Bitcoin is now not truly anonymous by way of default. There are typically motives why bitcoin is every now and then regarded as anonymous: First, unlike bank debts and most other payment systems, Bitcoin addresses are not tied to the identification of users on a protocol level. Second, transactions are now not tied to the identity of customers either.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chengyinoing01

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:08:39 AM

BTC trading history is completely open, everyone can through your wallet address in block chain query your wallet cash inflows and outflows, and ultimate origin can be traced back to the BTC upward, that is, from block generated late-development sent to the address. This poses a huge threat to privacy.

CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:10:31 AM

BTC trading history is completely open, everyone can through your wallet address in block chain query your wallet cash inflows and outflows, and ultimate origin can be traced back to the BTC upward, that is, from block generated late-development sent to the address. This poses a huge threat to privacy.

not BTC trading history that's completely open because there's no such thing in the blockchain but your history of transaction. All of your transaction will be recorded in the blockchain and can be accessed by public forever, it can't removed. This is why I often call that bitcoin is really transparent just if the wallet owner can be identified.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:26:54 AM

As per my opinion , bitcoin is not really anonymous because if bitcoin is totally an anonymous cryptocurrency then you cant track down its transaction using the public key or the bitcoin address.
dekafee79

Activity: 150

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:34:38 AM

Bitcoin is not really anonymous because others can see the wallet address when send and receive bitcoin but they can't see your identity,password and private key.

I agree, bitcoin is not really anonymous, its pseudo -anonymous. If you do transactions only your address and how plenty bitcoin you use will be seen in all bitcoin network. it is my opinion.
cheeseandcrackers

Activity: 155
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:23:38 AM

No, it's not anonymous.  Everything can be traced.  If you can tie a bitcoin address to a person you can basically see what addresses they're getting money from.  If you don't know who owns them it's probably only a matter of time and digging to track down where they come from.
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:31:17 AM

Well you are right, it's anonymous to actually get crypto currencies. You can create multiple wallets without even a name included. You could also withdraw a small amount almost anonymously. But if we're talking money laundering amounts, then you'll havr a hardtime doing so. Wallets are now required to ask for identifications. The more identification you provide, the higher yhe amount you could withdraw. Then again, I'm new to this game but this thread is really informative

ngano ba

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:53:39 AM

Bitcoin founder is still anonymous , but for bitcoin is not really anonymous, the only anonymous here in bitcoin is the members of the forum organization,who are using aliases on username, but when you are using this bitcoin ad transactions , some of the establishment would ask real identification for proof that it is your truly account owner.
John Joseph Mago

Activity: 255

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:56:07 AM

For me yes! because the owner of the birth of new era(BITCOIN) is still anonymous and there's no whitepaper and website. The Bitcoin price is doing good even its anonymous not like other coin or tokens that have team but they cant reach the price of Bitcoin.
gwapo.zylle

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:15:47 PM

Its not completely anonymous, but pseudoanonymous one.. every transactions on bitcoin is registered on a ledger called the blockchain. On blockchain, only the bitcoin address and amount of bitcoin that was received or sent can been seen, but not the personal information of the sender or receiver (such as name, age, etc). However, every transactions made are publicized to the entire bitcoin network.

I agree on you, bitcoin is not totally anonymous it is easily to track especially if you join bounty campaigns bounty manager will ask your profile link so that he can easily access what you have posted. For that reason blockchain is still contiuing the progress. We can say anonymous to others for those who doesn't have any idea on it.
Crypto24hrs

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:02:29 PM

Bitcoin Transactions Aren’t as Anonymous as Everyone Hoped
This is handy for some, but the anonymity is by no means perfect. Security experts call it pseudonymous privacy, like writing books under a nom de plume. You can preserve your privacy as long as the pseudonym is not linked to you. But as soon as somebody makes the link to one of your anonymous books, the ruse is revealed. Your entire writing history under your pseudonym becomes public. Similarly, as soon as your personal details are linked to your Bitcoin address, your purchase history is revealed too
Darwinie

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:33:14 PM

My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin

Not really anonymous you'll still be using block chains . And good for you that you really intended to become rich wuth that such short span of time.
bajigur894784

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:34:05 PM

Bitcoin is not completely anonymous. Basically there is a way to know the anonymity of Bitcoin users.

The Bitcoin address can be associated with a real identity if this identity is actually used in combination with the Bitcoin address in several ways. This includes the address used to deposit or withdraw money to or from an exchange or purse service, open public donation address, or an address used to send bitcoins to someone (including online stores) when using a genuine identity.
slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:57:09 PM

Bitcoin is anonymous to some extent, over which it can be traced. There are several other digital assets that are completely anonymous and has better features than bitcoin. Till now even after such development none were able to reach the place of bitcoin.
weblaraveluser

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:08:50 PM

My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin

Bitcoin is not anonymous but the person behind who started to create the first blockchain and started the cryptocurrency in the market is no where to find today and that is the reason why there will be no more bitcoins to be created after they will mine all the coins.
luckyluigi

Activity: 239

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:16:08 PM

Hehhe, your words sound quite optimistic, I would like to became rich in few weeks also, I would even agree to wait few months for that purpose.
CoachCarter

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:18:32 PM

Bitcoin is designed to allow users to send and receive payments with adequate levels of privacy as well as other forms of money. However, Bitcoin is not anonymous and can not provide the same level of privacy as cash. The use of Bitcoin requires a wide public listing. There are various mechanisms to protect user privacy, and more are being developed.
There are two type of people in this world; one who are born with silver spoon in their mouths and other who have not much assets from the beginning. First one get everything they wish for without putting effort while the second type has to strive hard in order to make big achievements in their lives. But anyone who works hard gets reward of his efforts. People can change their lives.

DAFAk you're takin about dude Brangos99 the thread maker ask if bitcoin is anonymous not what the type of people ! LOOOOL jk. You are definitely true maybe you see that thread maker is a lazy dude that doesn't even have time to research what bitcoin is about LOOOL
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 10:31:42 PM

As per my opinion , bitcoin is not really anonymous because if bitcoin is totally an anonymous cryptocurrency then you cant track down its transaction using the public key or the bitcoin address.

But even if we can see the transaction information that was being processed in theblockchain, still we don’t know who really that person who owns the address and that’s still an anonymous information.

Viyamore

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:47:50 PM

Yeah because when we say anonymous, literally you won't be able to know anything on the account of the user, but then, we have to provide some details which can just be a basis of profile that is why it is pseudo anonymous which means we are hiding on a different personality.
Well, if you want to be rick is 4-5 weeks or month, I will salute you when that happens. What you are doing now is right- you asks questions. Next step is to move.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      ..Powered by..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
sampalokmix

Activity: 315

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:53:28 PM

Bitcoin is not really anonymous because others can see the wallet address when send and receive bitcoin but they can't see your identity,password and private key.

Indeed, and for me this is helpful cause the your personal involvement and information shown was limited an advantage to you and disadvantage to the other people if you are someone who fool people, and I think the fact that Bitcoin promotes anonymity make the other countries banned this forum cause they want to know each person here who might be a threat to their country, and we dont want war I believe.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: