Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:25:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin really anonymous?  (Read 2002 times)
alkiw21

Activity: 344
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:53:02 PM

Bitcoin is not anonymous, but, rather, pseudo-anonymous. By now, most Bitcoin veterans know this. Bitcoin is not really anonymous by default. There are generally reasons why bitcoin is sometimes regarded as anonymous: First, unlike bank accounts and most other payment systems, Bitcoin addresses are not tied to the identity of users on a protocol level. Second, transactions are not tied to the identity of users either. As such, anyone can effectively transfer bitcoin from any address to which it controls the (private) keys, to any other address, with no need to reveal any personal information at all. Like physical cash, not even the receiver needs to know the identity of the sender.

I agree with you. Bitcoin is not completely anonymous. Every transaction must be recorded on the blockchain. And also this is not like a fully registered bank and knows every user. But bitcoin remains safe to me.
teleskopta

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:49:33 AM

Bitcoin is not really anonymous because if bitcoin is totally an anonymous cryptocurrency then you cannot track down its transaction using the public key or the bitcoin address. A complete anonymous is not knowing if where does the money go and that is only possible with the other cryptocurrencies but right now, it is impossible for bitcoin to say that it is anonymous.
uozer

Activity: 381

PRiVCY

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:06:22 AM

Bitcoin is actually anonymous due to its encrypted Wallets where the private keys are only known and controlled by the sole users alone. Some users even use external soft wares like for instance Ledger Nano 5 and many others like that. However, nothing in life without some amounts or specific risks. Where huge amount of Bitcoin is involved, like in Exchanges Stores or Banks, extra cautiousness must be applied in other for these coins not to be hacked or scammed through Back doors referred to as loopholes due to negligences of the exchangers. However, Bitcoin can equally be termed as pseudo-anonymous because the personal identity of the users are anonymous while their addresses are disclosed publicly for various on line transactions where they are peer to peer in nature.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
NotAtOld

Activity: 200

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:18:49 AM

If the whales and big miners are not effect bitcoin value, maybe bitcoin can be more anonymous..
rejekiku

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:22:48 AM

My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

I am asking this because I intend to become rich in 4 or 5 weeks Grin Grin

No, Bitcoin is not anonymous, I think it is pseudo anonymous, but it is vey secure.
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:48:14 PM

Short answer is no. Although Bitcoin does not request any personal information, the address of your wallet is accessible to anyone. If I know the address of another person's Bitcoin wallet, then I can find out about all the transactions.
valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:03:21 PM

My questions is not on the technical side, since obviously you can create an address in a very much anonymous way. However, when it comes to spending it or convert it into fiat or even when spending it on a legit shop online you have to leave an identity trace.

I know that with small transactions is fine, under the radar basically, but what happens with significant ammounts?

Bitcoin is not anonymous but if a store like amazon will allow a cryptocurrency paymenth method then there will be more requirement like your name, email etc, its because amazon is a business and they need your details since you are a customer.
kipo

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:42:08 PM

There are 3 reasons why Bitcoin is considered anonymous:

1. bit-address addresses are not tied to the identity of users at the protocol level.
2. transactions are also not tied to the identity of users.
3. Bitcoin's transaction information is transmitted by randomly selected P2P network nodes.
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:50:30 PM

You cannot be rich that fast within just 4 to 5 weeks, huge profits require's huge investments as well, if you are planning to earn more profit in the future then just focus on trading in the market because you can earn cryptocurrency monthly or daily if you will stay trading.

chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:58:49 PM

Yes Bitcoin is indeed an anonymous service for investing in your identity secretly anonymously to travel around the stock market or to send money to any point in the world at any point in the world to transfer high or small amounts quickly and quickly I think it's a crypto currency
GreatBug

Activity: 629
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:54:38 PM

It is anonymus in some way cause every transaction is possible to be seen by everyone and if you know someones number (like acc number in banks) you are possible to "follow" that person.
cheeseandcrackers

Activity: 155
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:47:36 PM

It is not anonymous, every transaction is tracked and anyone can look at it.  If you can attach a bitcoin address to someone then you can see every single person who ever sent that address bitcoin.  So I guess in a way it's anonymous, but still completely tracked.  You couldn't really access your bitcoin realistically without at least someone knowing your details.
BitProCoin

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:50:45 PM

As I understand it, Bitcoin is not completely anonymous, transactions over the Bitcoin network are completely transparent and traceable by anyone.
cephito

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:49:52 PM

How can anonymously be something that can be publicly tracked? All transaction information is displayed in a blockchain. Bitcoin is less anonymous than the US dollar, but when used correctly, bitcoin can be completely anonymous
kisscoin

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:32:59 PM

It's just a tool, if you want to keep anonymity, you can do it, if you don't care about it, you can be found.
Ondongeric18

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/Wl0rfMA.jpg

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:08:23 AM

I do believe it is anonymous. It will only become traceable if you should give your name and other personal details in a KYC procedure. I heard so many thing about hackers but have not heard their real identities being known.

▐ ██████ ▌》    SONDER.VISION       《▐ ██████ ▌
HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:33:19 AM

What does it mean? you already answer yourself because most of the exchange requires KYC if you want to put money or transact with a large fund, so if you have put money in exchager for fiat then it is not anonym but if you transact through wallet that does not require KYC then it anonym , but some say that ip address for transact can be tracked but it's true or not I do not know because we can use a fake ip address.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
zhuiyongliang8

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:40:32 AM

Bitcoin is not anonymous, and everyone can see that the transaction is on the chain, and the conversion of your account to legal or transfer to someone or even to bitcoin purchases is traceable.
shinchan123

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:26:27 AM

It is somehow anonymous because no one is really the CEO of it or no company is regulating it. It is simply circulating around the internet and was born of having value. I believe the significant amounts go to the transaction fees of whichever shop or online stores you are dealing with.
TiffanyLien23

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:30:03 AM

For me, i think when it comes of transaction then i can say that bitcoin is not anonymous still the address is in your history transaction. Being anonymous of bitcoin is that the price fluctuation and being decentralized that what i called anonymous. Even government in every country cannot controlled or manipulated of what bitcoin it is, even its value oe whatever may be, bitcoin cannot control by any government.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: