Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:11:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Heard about Bitcoin on Aljazeera  (Read 2123 times)
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 03:32:46 AM

The existence of bias in media should not be remotely new information for anyone who has half a brain. Saying Al-Jazeera is linked to terrorists is like saying ABC News is represented by Timothy McVeigh.

Do us a favor; 1)hit the silk road, 2)get a gram of Fentanyl, 3)snort a line.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PinkiePie

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 03:39:30 AM

2. Terrorists in Iraq?

It's like I'm talking with 12 year olds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda_in_Iraq

Al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) is a popular name for the Iraqi division of the international Salafi jihadi militant organization al-Qaeda. It is recognized as a part of the greater Iraqi insurgency.

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 05:17:12 AM

2. Terrorists in Iraq?

It's like I'm talking with 12 year olds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda_in_Iraq

Al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) is a popular name for the Iraqi division of the international Salafi jihadi militant organization al-Qaeda. It is recognized as a part of the greater Iraqi insurgency.

Simply showing reports from CIA releasing documents about aljazeera is the biggest joke in this thread and perhaps on wikipedia, you take what the CIA say as the truth so easily? Those documents(if even real) could be fabricated as pro-american propoganda considering all the documents being released by wiki leaks regarding CIA criminal activity.

Why take the word of the CIA on one matter and ignore reports of their decades long criminal activity?

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 05:19:11 AM

you take what the CIA say as the truth so easily?

Yeah wrong thread, PinkiePie.

You want "Make me laugh for a bitcent".

RandyFolds

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 05:52:01 AM

you take what the CIA say as the truth so easily?

Yeah wrong thread, PinkiePie.

You want "Make me laugh for a bitcent".

Haha. FTW.
Crazybear-Coins

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 06:49:04 PM

I have mixed feelings about this.  Any news about bitcoins spreading around is good but Al Jazeera has a very bad anti-American reputatation.  They went out of their way to tell the terrorist side of the story in Iraq and as an anonymous currency it isn't a good idea to associate with that kind of thing.  As a libertarian I know drugs should be legal so things like silk road are okay but there should be a way to root out other criminal groups who try and use bitcoin.

You have IMHO AJ all wrong. They are not Anti-American and not pro terrorist. In fact, the USG has twice blown up [on purpose] their bureau in two cities for truth telling. It is the USG [and I'm American, if you care to know!] that is the terrorist - with its endless wars only for profit and Empire - its phony war on [really of] Terror. If anyone will try to destroy BTC or anything like it, it will be the USG - or the financial Oligarchy behind them. AJ is the best news service, bar none.
Pacifist

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 07:01:48 PM

I have mixed feelings about this.  Any news about bitcoins spreading around is good but Al Jazeera has a very bad anti-American reputatation.  They went out of their way to tell the terrorist side of the story in Iraq and as an anonymous currency it isn't a good idea to associate with that kind of thing.  As a libertarian I know drugs should be legal so things like silk road are okay but there should be a way to root out other criminal groups who try and use bitcoin.

You sir, are a racist piece of shit, and ignorant to boot. The largest news network in the world is "anti-American"? Idiot...

Regardless of whether or not I personally believe it has an anti-American bias, that's what the public perceives it to be. Also, since when does size mean anything? Fox News is absolutely massive yet has a noted right-wing bias. Size doesn't equal objectivity.
RandyFolds

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 09:32:54 PM

You sir, are a racist piece of shit, and ignorant to boot. The largest news network in the world is "anti-American"? Idiot...

Regardless of whether or not I personally believe it has an anti-American bias, that's what the public perceives it to be. Also, since when does size mean anything? Fox News is absolutely massive yet has a noted right-wing bias. Size doesn't equal objectivity.

Don't compare Al Jazeera to Fox News, compare it to the Associated Press...it is the main conduit for news media in the eastern world. Size does matter when you view it in context.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: