Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:46:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Myetherwallet security is too weak. Any other ERC20 Wallet?  (Read 636 times)
jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 07:54:47 AM

Myetherwallet is secure if we secure our private key from any phishing attack and try to login your account with your utc file and password as that file is not accessible without your system and that cannot be cracked. Myetherwallet have to apply 2fa to authorize each transaction then no transaction can be done by other person without your consent.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
iigor

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:58:08 AM

I am confident MyEtherWallet security is good.
To me looks like your private key was stolen.
Keep your key safe and be very careful not to go on fake site and will not have problems like that.

onetwostep

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:02:48 AM

What you need to do is hide your private key. If you need it you can write it in your wallet or in a book at home.
Watch and attention phishing sites. You will not have any problems unless you fall into their trappings Smiley

aakriti

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:13:21 AM

Myetherwallet is secure if we secure our private key from any phishing attack and try to login your account with your utc file and password as that file is not accessible without your system and that cannot be cracked. Myetherwallet have to apply 2fa to authorize each transaction then no transaction can be done by other person without your consent.
I am fully agree with your experience and knowledge.  But one more thing I would like to know. If my private key is stolen or hacked, what should i do to save our coin.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:19:12 AM

There is nothing like 'myetherwallet security is too weak' myetherwallet is not keeping your fund. You only use myetherwallet as UI that interact with ethereum blockchain
Guard your private key with everything you've got and you should be ok

Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:04:11 PM

Myetherwallet security is NOT weak but using an unencrypted private key is generally a bad thing. I can think of several other scenario that a MEW user can lose his funds that wasn't phishing.
Keyloggers, malware, leaving your private key in a physical location for someone to find, remote access to your computer via software like TeamViewer, interception of the key when it was copy/pasted, etc. The keystore file is a slightly safer option whereby it is the private key that is encrypted with a strong password of your choosing (the password that you entered when you generate your wallet). Hence, even if you lose your keystore file, there is still a hope that the attacker will not be able to crack the file and access your wallet.
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:12:45 PM

Yesterday my Myetherwallet hacked and balance Ethereum amount transfered to other MEW.
I backtracked the transaction and found there are many hundred wallets whose amount was also transfered like from my account.
Why Myetherwallet security is too weak?
 Any other ERC20 Wallet?
Give your opinion so that other fellows may be benefited.
myetherwallet security is never been weak or strong it all depend us users how we take care of our private keys your computer probably had a virus you should store your coin in a usb storage like ledger nano s its designed to store btc , eth it will cost you money if your gonna buy one.
myrliska1313

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:13:10 PM

All the same, the security of the online wallet is lame, or simply the non-attentive user has switched to an unnecessary link. It would be nice, in addition to the private key to come up with additional authentication methods. Disadvantages are also obvious Tongue
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 06:18:35 PM

You should import your MEW wallet into MetaMask. There is no way they can steal shit from you then. Its even recomended on the MEW website. Try it out, its really easy to use aswell and switch between diffrent wallets.  Smiley Smiley
rh154c0d3

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:37:37 PM

Yesterday my Myetherwallet hacked and balance Ethereum amount transfered to other MEW.
I backtracked the transaction and found there are many hundred wallets whose amount was also transfered like from my account.
 Any other ERC20 Wallet?

I haven’t longer worked on myetherwallet after the hack attacks on this. For now the wallets that I use are Ethereum wallet and Coinomi. The first wallet as you know for ETH and the second for altcoins.
The information provided by you is very useful and valuable. I downloaded both Ethereum Wallet and coinomi and start working on it.

Thank you for attention on the topic and valuable suggestion.  

That etherscan address you provided is insane

"ETH Balance:   8,925.055347501305272123 Ether
ETH USD Value:   $10,985,136.62 (@ $1,230.82/ETH)"

This is consider a huge amount there and i assume its a wide and massive hijack, phishing site, or keylogging.

Anyhow, did you successfully find out the reason behind this issue?
personally, I still don't believe it that it was hacking/phising kind or anything like that happened to akmittal. the amount is so huge and so many addresses. for me it's just 2 possibilities. it is exchanger or it happened only in MEW itself. I don't believe it is about hacking or pishing or something like that happened to all of the users computer. it is exchanger or it is MEW the only one that been hacked, not the users.

I am confident that MEW is safe from the attack as all my friends that i've guided them recently on taking the security measurement are safe from this hack.

I would say this is a large scale hack so yeah, but how?

Even if we talk about exchange, exchange doesn't require us to provide them Keystore Files/ Private key.

The most likely case would be the Etherdelta DNS Hijacked previously, or all of these user got injected with some sort of keylogged file. Guess we will need to wait OP To answer some of these questions.

To OP
1) Which exchanges you used recently?

2) Did you download anything recently?

3) What have you done on the same day you got hacked?
when i say exchanger, i didn't meant it about keystore files nor private key. it was about the massive transaction on the link he provided before. so many transaction with same address is look's like an exchanger's transactions. if it was a real hijack, so I will say it is mostly because of using free proxy or free vpn.
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:45:09 PM

There is nothing like 'myetherwallet security is too weak' myetherwallet is not keeping your fund. You only use myetherwallet as UI that interact with ethereum blockchain
Guard your private key with everything you've got and you should be ok

I agree with you, I don't think that the security in Myetherwallet is too weak. Users should save their private keys and be careful about it. If you guard it carefully, you should be okay. My ether wallet is one of greats wallets that you can save on it your altcoins, I have used it for a long time and I didn't have any problem with it until now.
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 07:30:32 PM

I think the MyEtherWallet wallet is one of the simplest and most reliable purses in terms of its security. His secret key is quite large and can not be opened. The burglary of this wallet is almost always due only to carelessness and mistakes of the users themselves. Therefore for me it is not clear. that means "the purse is hacked." More detailed information on this is needed. otherwise it is impossible to discuss this situation because of its uncertainty.
akmittal (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:24:12 AM

After loosing the key of MyEtherWallet. I would like to suggest my friends. Always add or change some characters of Private key and keep remember them. Do not put your Private key on Working computer. Original key should be saved on offline device.

However all these problems may be short out if MyEtherWallet update  login security similar to WAVES and Blockchain.
aakriti

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:34:08 PM

Any other ERC20 Wallet?

I haven’t longer worked on myetherwallet after the hack attacks on this. For now the wallets that I use are Ethereum wallet and Coinomi. The first wallet as you know for ETH and the second for altcoins.
The information provided by you is very useful and valuable. I downloaded both Ethereum Wallet and coinomi and start working on it.

Thank you for attention on the topic and valuable suggestion.  

That etherscan address you provided is insane

"ETH Balance:   8,925.055347501305272123 Ether
ETH USD Value:   $10,985,136.62 (@ $1,230.82/ETH)"

This is consider a huge amount there and i assume its a wide and massive hijack, phishing site, or keylogging.

Anyhow, did you successfully find out the reason behind this issue?
personally, I still don't believe it that it was hacking/phising kind or anything like that happened to akmittal. the amount is so huge and so many addresses. for me it's just 2 possibilities. it is exchanger or it happened only in MEW itself. I don't believe it is about hacking or pishing or something like that happened to all of the users computer. it is exchanger or it is MEW the only one that been hacked, not the users.

I am confident that MEW is safe from the attack as all my friends that i've guided them recently on taking the security measurement are safe from this hack.

I would say this is a large scale hack so yeah, but how?

Even if we talk about exchange, exchange doesn't require us to provide them Keystore Files/ Private key.

The most likely case would be the Etherdelta DNS Hijacked previously, or all of these user got injected with some sort of keylogged file. Guess we will need to wait OP To answer some of these questions.

To OP
1) Which exchanges you used recently?

2) Did you download anything recently?

3) What have you done on the same day you got hacked?
when i say exchanger, i didn't meant it about keystore files nor private key. it was about the massive transaction on the link he provided before. so many transaction with same address is look's like an exchanger's transactions. if it was a real hijack, so I will say it is mostly because of using free proxy or free vpn.
The same incident happen with my two friends who loose above 1ETH each by the same way.  The hacker is not touching any coin in the etherdelta by using the PK. In my view the key is hacked from the server of MyEtherWallet. Other wise there is no way to steal too many key at once.
luckylauncher

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:02:38 PM

I agree with you, MyEtherWallet should think to make 2FA for make sure their user's wallet are safety. Because, if the Private Key leaked, just say goodbye on it. And, i want ask to you all, are using JSON method and put password is more safety that input Private Key?
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:08:16 PM

MEW is just a platform for you to access your ETH. Did you leak your private key somewhere? If you want good security, then use a hardware wallet.
ORiN

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:12:20 PM

Today you can find a number of wallets that allow you to keep Ethereum.No not all users have the resources and capabilities to store the full chain of transactions, for example when using Ethereum Browser, Mist or any other solutions of a full-node wallet.
Many users note the high convenience and security in the process of working with MyEtherWallet.

IMPORTANT! Don't forget to save your secret key when creating a new wallet account.
Keep them OUT OF THE PC  not just on your computer!
ubeng07

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:13:05 PM

Any other ERC20 Wallet?
myetherwallet security is never been weak or strong it all depend us users how we take care of our private keys your computer probably had a virus you should store your coin in a usb storage like ledger nano s its designed to store btc , eth it will cost you money if your gonna buy one.
this is correct and yet that it was always may depends on the user on how they may able to handle this kind of situation for cause this is the common thing that may happen but some are in a good way of it so for me also that the way on how does this kind of scenario may happen may depends on the user.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:36:36 PM

I do not agree that it is necessary to strengthen the security of the MyEtherWallet wallet by introducing two-factor authentication or by other means that will complicate access to this wallet to their users. Now this wallet is convenient and easy to use. They are convenient to use from a mobile phone or other device. If there is an introduction of two-factor authentication or binding to something, it will make it difficult for users to access. Who wants to enhance access security, can choose another purse. In MyEtherWallet is quite a complex digital key, which is unrealistic to crack. The only problem is that other people do not use this key, that is, the problem is not in the wallet itself, but in users who neglect the security rules when working with a digital key.

aakriti

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:36:14 AM

MyEtherWallet is very simple to use and this the main reason of its popularity. But security is the most important thing. Without security all coin may go in one-time.
On etherDelta we need to put PK and Address is this safe?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: