Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:00:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Myetherwallet security is too weak. Any other ERC20 Wallet?  (Read 633 times)
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:46:00 AM

I think these accusation was made to be true because there are really many cases that MyEtherWallet are vulnerable to hacking. I encountered an issue about this one that one wallet from other Ethereum wallet that isn't an ERC20 supported is the same as in the MEW wallet. I don't know which one is the fraud or the correct one but I think it seems MEW isn't a reliable wallet. I would like to suggest to use imToken if you are using a mobile and if it's on a computer then use Metamask or Parity they are the best I would recommend.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:51:29 AM

Well you are right, MEW protection is very weak. From the first until now I never use other wallet than MEW.
I use additional security with TREZOR. That way I never save a single token at MEW.
TREZOR is a hardware wallet, you can save the overall token you have on move from MEW to your hardware wallet, I am sure your MEW account will be safe from others.
cryptotnak

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:52:37 AM

Yesterday my Myetherwallet hacked and balance Ethereum amount transfered to other MEW.
I backtracked the transaction and found there are many hundred wallets whose amount was also transfered like from my account.
Why Myetherwallet security is too weak?
 Any other ERC20 Wallet?
Give your opinion so that other fellows may be benefited.
It isnt mew's fault its yours you probably didnt intall metamask,im sure you got phished by these phishing sites.

easypeasy

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:55:20 AM

exodus wallet is very good, it accepts all erc20 compatible tokens so very handy indeed, also looks very nice too lol
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:56:26 AM

Yesterday my Myetherwallet hacked and balance Ethereum amount transfered to other MEW.
I backtracked the transaction and found there are many hundred wallets whose amount was also transfered like from my account.
 Any other ERC20 Wallet?
It's not that the security is not good, maybe it's just you who clicked on some random links or entered your private key in phising site, you should be more careful in crypto and double check the site before entering your private key. You can try metamask or if you want a better security then you can spend some money to buy hardware wallet like ledger or trezor.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:58:29 AM

I agree, putting private key on mew page is very risky now. For alternatives, you can try metamask first, and then connect to MEW. Another new secure erc wallet, you can try Blue Wallet
cryptamod

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:20:23 AM

Its not the fault of myetherwallet its your own,you didnt install metamask extension probaby you got phished,ive been using mew from the past 2years and i didnt encounter any problem using it.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
akmittal (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:22:19 AM

Its not the fault of myetherwallet its your own,you didnt install metamask extension probaby you got phished,ive been using mew from the past 2years and i didnt encounter any problem using it.
Dear Friend,
I am also using MEW from last one year without any trouble. But on i very rarely used MEW login. Etherdelta is used to trade and transfer the tokens.
On EtherDelta you need only private key and public key. Than How MyEtherWallet is safe, who allow access to other websites with PK only.
aakriti

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:50:41 AM

I think there is a centralized hole in the system otherwise so many people can not loose their Ethereum. Moreover the hacker transfers only Ethereum.
liangweicha

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:52:05 AM

I generally use imtoken light purse, and there is no issue of security,
If you want your token to be more secure, then I recommend you use a hardware wallet because it looks like the hardware wallet is relatively safe.

Jambo tape

Activity: 145
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:40:25 AM

Any other ERC20 Wallet?

although the security of My ether wallet is too weak,but My ether wallet remains the Most widely used by all bitcoiner,and I also wear his because of the system its use in my opinion is very simple and not complicated.
sinduarianto

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:09:04 AM

it is true that security in Myetherwallet is quite easy to break into as it happened to me. I lost my token and my Eth bit.
Marco Ambrusini

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:32:27 PM

ledger and jaxx are good options.metamask is also a good choice.
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:55:15 PM

MyEtherWallet is very simple to use and this the main reason of its popularity. But security is the most important thing. Without security all coin may go in one-time.
On etherDelta we need to put PK and Address is this safe?

EtherDelta is a decentralized exchange that works with smart contracts on ethereum network. Thats why fees could be a bit higher than on other exchanges, so far I consider it to be "safe" place. For security purposes you may want to have one address that you will use only with Ether delta so you don't expose private key from you main wallet.
Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:01:39 PM

Can you give some details? It's too vague to say "my account was hacked", may be it's simply your fault.
I'd like to know, because all my ethereum addresses are on MEW, and everybody assured me that it's very safe.

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:05:43 PM

Sorry, I just read some posts, and actually I'm a little impressed.
If really so many people had problem may be there is something wrong with the system.
But please let me know, because I'm not an engineer: if my private key it's kept hidden, how is it possible to hack an account, as anyone says that cryptography is 100%?
Where is the weak point?

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:08:12 PM

it is true that security in Myetherwallet is quite easy to break into as it happened to me. I lost my token and my Eth bit.

If you unlock your MEW using privat key or a phrase then it's not secure at all, but you can do it using Metamask than it's totaly safe. And more of it, you don't need to use MEW at all, everything can be done in Metamask. You can send ETH from there or add custom tokens. So just use Metamask and you assests will be safe.

pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:08:25 PM

Any other ERC20 Wallet?
I am sorry to heard that, to store token ERC20 except myetherwallet i used enjin wallet for android Platform, it is support for token ERC20 too, you can check this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.enjin.mobile.wallet you can learn more about it before you try to use it because however enjin wallet is still new service, if you are doubt in it i don't recommendation to use it, in my personal experience it is save to be used.
wanderloy

Activity: 182

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:11:18 PM

Any other ERC20 Wallet?

You're could you say it's too weak?
Maybe your using unsecured network or your computer hijacked and compromised by virus etc.
Myetherwallet is totally secure and you can read that in their website, and it's your responsibility to secure your wallet keys because the security issue isn't them (mew) but you.

wanderloy

Activity: 182

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:15:39 PM

Can you give some details? It's too vague to say "my account was hacked", may be it's simply your fault.
I'd like to know, because all my ethereum addresses are on MEW, and everybody assured me that it's very safe.

I agree, Myetherwallet is totally safe unless you let outsiders lurk your personal computer.
There's nothing worthy with your wallet but I think your computer was hijacked and it began when you hit those links that will going to infect your computer and then that hijacker is living in your computer's, memory and when it detects wallet keys and passwords then you're dead! Your assets will be dead as well.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: