Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:23:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can you verify if a bitcoin is real?  (Read 1074 times)
royromales

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:15:14 PM

I think it is necessary to broadcast on TV that bitcoin is true because in this case many Filipinos do not believe in bitcoin because it does not really matter so maybe it should be broadcast on tv or news that bitcoin is true because when you just do not believe it

center]▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬[/center]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
reactgirolles6

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:54:35 AM

You may transact with your friend on blockchain, if there isn't any disturbance then be sure that its real Smiley
potzpotz

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:58:02 AM

Hi All,

First post so please be gentle!. I'm trying to get familiar with crypto currency and understand 'how it works'. I've reached a block and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a particular point.

I understand the process of using public and private keys, back from the time when Phil Zimmermann created PGP. PGP allowed a user to encrypt a file, eg: an email/file (technically, just a bunch of ones and zeros) so that when the other user decrypted the file, they would see the words/file again. Or, to phrase it another way, the encryption was just a 'wrapper' for the content - ie, the words in my email or the file I sent.

Now, if someone sent me a bitcoin, how would I know what I was looking at? With an encrypted email, once decrypted I would be able to see something (text/file) and realise that I had actually received something. But, if someone sent me a bitcoin, what would I be looking at when I decrypted with my private key? A file filled with ones and zeros? Or maybe a simple text file with words inside saying, "Hey, this is 1 bitcoin!"

Can someone shed some light on what it I actually receive when I purchase a bitcoin and how I can verify that what I have 'in my hands', is actually a bitcoin and not just a bunch of ones and zeros? I understand that the blockchain is supposed to verify what is what but, what if I wanted to pass my bitcoin directly to you without the blockchain. Again, how would I know, what I received - was a bitcoin?

Thank you for your time and patience with my lack of understanding!

Regards,

Staffs Lebowski..

You can verify if bitcoin is real when you already join the campaign and you are already try receiving money came from bitcoin
imgoinforbitcoin

Activity: 87

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:26:49 AM

There is no such thing as fake bitcoin. It is not fiat currency which you can just create counterfeits at will, if you don't see your bitcoin in your wallet, then the person never sent it or it is still pending.
Silverstar

Activity: 426
Merit: 102

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:31:10 AM

The main advantage of a blockchain is that you practically impossible to cheat, I don't mean work projects Scam.So I absolutely trust bitcoin

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
candolbitcoin214

Activity: 111

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:34:59 AM

Hi All,

First post so please be gentle!. I'm trying to get familiar with crypto currency and understand 'how it works'. I've reached a block and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a particular point.

I understand the process of using public and private keys, back from the time when Phil Zimmermann created PGP. PGP allowed a user to encrypt a file, eg: an email/file (technically, just a bunch of ones and zeros) so that when the other user decrypted the file, they would see the words/file again. Or, to phrase it another way, the encryption was just a 'wrapper' for the content - ie, the words in my email or the file I sent.

Now, if someone sent me a bitcoin, how would I know what I was looking at? With an encrypted email, once decrypted I would be able to see something (text/file) and realise that I had actually received something. But, if someone sent me a bitcoin, what would I be looking at when I decrypted with my private key? A file filled with ones and zeros? Or maybe a simple text file with words inside saying, "Hey, this is 1 bitcoin!"

Can someone shed some light on what it I actually receive when I purchase a bitcoin and how I can verify that what I have 'in my hands', is actually a bitcoin and not just a bunch of ones and zeros? I understand that the blockchain is supposed to verify what is what but, what if I wanted to pass my bitcoin directly to you without the blockchain. Again, how would I know, what I received - was a bitcoin?

Regards,

Staffs Lebowski..

Will for one you can attest that bitcoin is genuine because it has beeb in the market for almost a decade now. The fact that bitcoin is being attact by groups of people or government just show how real bitcoin that it has a big potential to take over the world of fiat money.
ZBBBB

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:36:10 AM

If I am not mistaken, there are special services.In addition, the world of blockchain is really built on a solid trust and you have nothing to worry about absolutely
krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:24:34 PM

Hi All,

Regards,

Staffs Lebowski..

Here are some ways to remain safe:

1) Buy bitcoins from reputed exchanges only. This will ensure that you get correct number of bitcoins for the amount you are paying.

2) Do not make offline deals with shady persons.

3) There are websites like blockchaininfo.com where you can trace all the transactions and details about any bitcoin address. You can see past transactions in a wallet to check the credibility.
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:54:18 AM

yeah, pretty much it's all you need to get your bitcoins verified, as well as be sure to purchase/trade them at reliable sources.
maminelly

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:09:49 PM

the point is that you don't encrypt anything with public key cryptography in Bitcoin, it is used only for signing instead...you send bitcoins you sign a transaction which says which public key will be able to send these coins in the future...transaction is then validated by the entire network and miner's add it into a block. If miner's add an invalid transaction into a block, their block will be considered invalid by the rest of the network and other miners will ignore their block as it never happened....
Utogah

Activity: 179

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:47:34 PM

Why many people don't believe in bitoon? Japan has using bitoon already as their money. Won't you still do not believe that bitoon is real?
yj300316

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:07:20 AM

bitcoin is real, it is exist on blocks. It is a data that stored on a blockchain if im not wrong.
every year the block is added (mined) for a certain amount. Bitcoin exist because it is everywhere.

W E M A R K   ❱ ❱❱   https://www.wemark.com/
Blockchain-based marketplace for digital content
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:10:52 AM

Bitcoin does not have any physical form so it's difficult to verify it by apperance. Basically, all you have to do is to use a proper wallet which is designed only for accepting Bitcoin. There are plenty of wallets available for all platforms. Android - Coinomi, Samourai. Windows - Bitcoin Core, Electrum and so on. If you will get incoming transaction then you will know that the bitcoins you are offered, were real. If someone sends you "fake" bitcoins then it won't even show up in your wallet because it stays up-to-date with only 1 network which is Bitcoin network.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
jhache

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:30:27 AM

If someone sent you bitcoin than just take the transaction id of that transaction and paste it on any online bitcoin block explorer websites and if you see your transaction coming up than that bitcoin is valid and for real and also check for the confirmation of that transaction before taking it as valid.

cyriljundos

Activity: 432
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:38:04 AM

for me I can prove that bitcoin is true because I'm receiving a bitcoin from grace and I'm investing in trading for a great deal and gradually improving my lifestyle

krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:18:33 AM

bitcoin is real, it is exist on blocks. It is a data that stored on a blockchain if im not wrong.
every year the block is added (mined) for a certain amount. Bitcoin exist because it is everywhere.

Some people like to feel their investment like cash. But it is not possible in case of things like stocks. However, now there are bitcoin ATMs being installed in some countries and you can easily en-cash your bitcoins suing those ATMs. Once you have used such an ATM, you will realize that bitcoins are real.
Roman Coinson

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:15:31 PM

Well, a strange question you could think of, dude) As far as I know, bitcoin can't be transmitted outside the blockchain
ovnefduebarn

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:14:44 AM

Airdrop here also if you are interested.  Marìnecoìn is conducting a great airdrop currently.  They are using proof of promotion to fairly distribute 20,000 *MTC* for each promotion completed.  Time dilution technology is being used insure fair distribution.  Machine to machine transactions add value to this coin for long term success.  marìneco.ìn
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:22:26 AM

I will try to state it as simple as possible that people of ordinary intelligence can easily comprehend.

You cannot send a Bitcoin to anybody without the blockchain technology because Bitcoin's existence heavily depends on the blockchain technology. They are intertwined that you cannot separate one from the other- with the supreme exception that you would only want to have something to do with the blockchain technology. Like for example, governments, public and private companies are all after the blockchain technology only, leaving behind Bitcoin. So from here, you can say that the blockchain technology can be used even without Bitcoin. Although in the latter situation, I wonder how they will be able to carry this out.
Batang Hambog

Activity: 223

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:44:31 AM

Hi All,

Regards,

Staffs Lebowski..

network will definitely reject it, and you can't create new Bitcoin without having 51% of Bitcoin mining hashing power. So if you receive Bitcoins in your Bitcoin wallet it is surely an authentic one, or if you are still not satisfied, you can copy the transaction ID of your transaction and paste it on block explorer, if you can see that your Bitcoin is recorded there or the transaction status is confirmed then it is real.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: