Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:19:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can you verify if a bitcoin is real?  (Read 1074 times)
Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:27:41 PM

Actually you can verify your investment if its real by simply getting involved in legit or legal sites or companies, 
because you have a high level of assurance which gives you a high guarantee that all investments are legit. So you must spend your money in legit sites.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
$anounimus$

Activity: 1736
Merit: 294

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:32:58 PM

bitcoin actually real it's just bitcoin is a digital currency, meaning only a number of digits that are on some blocks that must be figured out, it is precisely that smells this digital which is very useful in the future because with digital not too require very expensive to make.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
avoxosuccesful

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:39:08 AM

i dont't think there are fake bitcoin i mean if there are any i dnt know,but i know there are fake sites that seems real or legit but are not.bitcoin is always real once you get it in your wallet its real.you only fake sites that tells you to pay for something that is not real,it is not like fiat that people can duplicate it shows in your transaction history when you recieve or release bitcoin,.watch out for fake sites.
ttking

Activity: 324
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:35:26 AM

In my opinion, using the verified exchanges is the best possible way to check this out. When you go to sites that aren't well-known, don't sell bitcoins not to face scammers. I think it is better to be on the safe side
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:19:41 AM

Hi All,

First post so please be gentle!. I'm trying to get familiar with crypto currency and understand 'how it works'. I've reached a block and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a particular point.

I understand the process of using public and private keys, back from the time when Phil Zimmermann created PGP. PGP allowed a user to encrypt a file, eg: an email/file (technically, just a bunch of ones and zeros) so that when the other user decrypted the file, they would see the words/file again. Or, to phrase it another way, the encryption was just a 'wrapper' for the content - ie, the words in my email or the file I sent.

Now, if someone sent me a bitcoin, how would I know what I was looking at? With an encrypted email, once decrypted I would be able to see something (text/file) and realise that I had actually received something. But, if someone sent me a bitcoin, what would I be looking at when I decrypted with my private key? A file filled with ones and zeros? Or maybe a simple text file with words inside saying, "Hey, this is 1 bitcoin!"

Can someone shed some light on what it I actually receive when I purchase a bitcoin and how I can verify that what I have 'in my hands', is actually a bitcoin and not just a bunch of ones and zeros? I understand that the blockchain is supposed to verify what is what but, what if I wanted to pass my bitcoin directly to you without the blockchain. Again, how would I know, what I received - was a bitcoin?

Thank you for your time and patience with my lack of understanding!

Regards,

Staffs Lebowski..

First of all brother , illegalisation of bitcoin is not that easy , though bitcoin is a decentralised currency, it doesn’t mean that there is no one who regulates the things for bitcoin, there are bunch of governing people who regulates such a huge crypto currency and yes’s when you receive bitcoin you will receive an notification, telling you that your account is credited with this amount of bitcoin and then there will be confirmation message by the block chain also , so in all these cases fraud is very rare.

marites

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:55:52 AM

I think you must be more wisely when you are plAnning to buy some bitcoin and one important thing is you must buy only to the trusted website or market for bitcoin. Try to search.
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:17:09 AM

Bitcoin is the real currency every one knows and the bitcoin livers do a lot for bitcoin and crypto and it can be verified through many ways like the transaction through this currency can show the actual position of this currency. And bitcoin is real because i have tested it for many ways like the value of bitcoin and if you hold bitcoin you can get more high value.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
juiceannabel

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:06:16 AM

bitcoin is community. the existence of bitcoin itself is recognized by community.
so there is no need to verify whether bitcoin is real or not.
bitcoin is real and decentralized, community of bitcoin is very important.
ICBCOK

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:30:41 PM

Well. Like in real life, your wallet must be secured. I think Bitcoin makes it possible to transfer value anywhere in a very easy way and it allows you to be in control of your money.
The cure

Activity: 448
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:36:38 AM

If you have your own bitcoins in your phone,tablet or laptop,you can buy yourself some coffee in the nearest bitcoin-accepting coffee shop.If they accept your bitcoins,you can feel confident they are real.
anjelaro

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:12:15 AM

There was a report shared here where some researchers claimed that they can prove the many people are holding hacked bitcoins. But it was found to be a fake claim, I think it is impossible to create fake bitcoins also.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:26:22 AM

I don't think that there is a chance for you to have a fake bitcoin because you can easily see if the transaction was real or if your balance is real if it appears on the blockchain explorer of bitcoin and that is the simplest way for me to see that bitcoin is real so if you want to see or verify it then go to the blockchain but overall, bitcoin cannot be copied or have a fake type of crypto.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:45:40 AM

To answer your question I would like to clarify this things. Every coin have its own unique set of wallets and addresses so this means that if you have bitcoins you should send it to a bitcoin address and not to other altcoin addresses. Also please do not complicate things if you receive bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency coin you will receive a number just like this " 0.36542 btc or 123.59463300 doge.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:52:32 AM

Hi All,

First post so please be gentle!. I'm trying to get familiar with crypto currency and understand 'how it works'. I've reached a block and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a particular point.

I understand the process of using public and private keys, back from the time when Phil Zimmermann created PGP. PGP allowed a user to encrypt a file, eg: an email/file (technically, just a bunch of ones and zeros) so that when the other user decrypted the file, they would see the words/file again. Or, to phrase it another way, the encryption was just a 'wrapper' for the content - ie, the words in my email or the file I sent.

Now, if someone sent me a bitcoin, how would I know what I was looking at? With an encrypted email, once decrypted I would be able to see something (text/file) and realise that I had actually received something. But, if someone sent me a bitcoin, what would I be looking at when I decrypted with my private key? A file filled with ones and zeros? Or maybe a simple text file with words inside saying, "Hey, this is 1 bitcoin!"

Can someone shed some light on what it I actually receive when I purchase a bitcoin and how I can verify that what I have 'in my hands', is actually a bitcoin and not just a bunch of ones and zeros? I understand that the blockchain is supposed to verify what is what but, what if I wanted to pass my bitcoin directly to you without the blockchain. Again, how would I know, what I received - was a bitcoin?

Thank you for your time and patience with my lack of understanding!

Regards,

Staffs Lebowski..

This is your first post,but seems like youre more educated in crypto than mine lol..bitcoin is bitcoin once it enters youre wallet its genuine coins and not zeros or ones.

To answer your question I would like to clarify this things. Every coin have its own unique set of wallets and addresses so this means that if you have bitcoins you should send it to a bitcoin address and not to other altcoin addresses. Also please do not complicate things if you receive bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency coin you will receive a number just like this " 0.36542 btc or 123.59463300 doge.
Thats what im telling OP,once bitcoin enters wallet address its real,the man looks very educated but why it seems like this small issue looks bigger for him 😂
KateOrigami

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:58:13 AM

Only no one will say what will happen in a year. Is this a bubble, or an alternative to gold?
redhorsebeer1980

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:12:12 PM

I see a lot of confusion there, but that is perfectly normal since you are new in this area apparently. First, and like some users pointed out, there is no bitcoin without blockchain. You must understand that we have the blockchain technology, that basically is just a record of blocks that are linked and secured by cryptography. The blockchain technology is what guarantees that whatever information you receive using that technology is real. This is what miners do, they make sure the blocks (records of transactions made between users) are valid/real before they are added to the blockchain.

Now bitcoin, is just a protocol, or a "set of rules", that runs on the blockchain. So you don't need to do anything to make sure that the bitcoin you have is real, because it's held on the blockchain, and is that technology that makes sure that the bitcoin transaction you just received is real (that tx is on a block that is added to the blockchain, and all that is verified by miners).
I agree on it.
sexybambam21

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:14:56 PM

Bitcoin is real because the proof is here, just read many threads and you will understand why bitcoin exist in our generation.
pekavcilar01

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:07:08 AM

Why do you ask such a question? Bitcoin and others are digital currency. It does not have to be something tangible.
There will be no concrete money in the near future. Everything will be digital. People generally trust what they see and hold. Over time, digital money will get more and more into our lives. People will get used to this technology and be accepted.
Xavierfr12

Activity: 118

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:50:07 AM

Ask your friend or your know people who use bitcoin in a year's or a month because this people are have a knowledge of bitcoin and many currency. If you understand what bitcoin is you verify the bitcoin is real.
hcoin01

Activity: 135

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:11:02 AM

Crypto moneys are not tangible assets. You can not hold it like paper money or coins. There is no concrete in the digital world.
There are no people who do not use credit cards in the world. You can not use the money on the credit card tangibly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: