Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:47:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it best to just go with Nicehash?  (Read 532 times)
geekcryptogal (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:24:17 PM

It's hassle free:

I get daily payouts to Nicehash Wallet at 2% (a bit high fee I know), but you can transfer your Nicehash Wallet to Coinbase for free, and instantly (after each and every payout -- everyday). Also, it seems to always be up and running.

I just tried nemosminer along with ahashpool.  Nemosminer said I could make $40 or so a day but in reality I made about the same amount as I did with Nicehash.. around $22 in one day.   Also ahashpool requires you to get a balance of 0.008 bitcoin before payout, which means it would take like 5 days of mining before I could get a payout, unlike everyday with Nicehash.  So that's risking currently around $120 on ahashpool compared to $24 or so on Nicehash.

I would love to find a way to make more money than the $24 per day from Nicehash.. whattomine.com says I should be making like $40 per day.. but I just haven't found a way to do that yet.  I'd like this gear to pay for itself asap, as it was a big investment.  At the current Nicehash rate it'll take about 4 1/2 months to pay off.
RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:00:03 PM

Risk Vs Reward....

Set and forget = Nicehash

Nicehash is going to be always to lowest paid service, because they are reselling all the HASH you are giving them.

But is it worth 5-10% to use a different miner software and pool?

check out awesome miner free version, set to 24 hr actual profit and put ahashpool and niceminer as the mining pools.

Then you can see how much money you could be loosing using nicehash, currently my rig is showing in the last 24 hours

$11.80 per card on ahashpool
$ 8.88 per card on nicehash

Zikkson

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:10:47 PM

You should try Miningpool Hub auto switch with Nemos, Multipoolminer or Awesome miner. You can set your payout coin and also payout threshold. So you can set somethnig with lower fees like LTC and set it to payout every day based on your hashrate.
geekcryptogal (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:34:18 PM

Risk Vs Reward....

Set and forget = Nicehash

Nicehash is going to be always to lowest paid service, because they are reselling all the HASH you are giving them.

But is it worth 5-10% to use a different miner software and pool?

check out awesome miner free version, set to 24 hr actual profit and put ahashpool and niceminer as the mining pools.

Then you can see how much money you could be loosing using nicehash, currently my rig is showing in the last 24 hours

$11.80 per card on ahashpool
$ 8.88 per card on nicehash

Thank you.  Does that 5-10% difference include the bitcoin transfer fees to and from your bitcoin wallet?  That's what's nice about Nicehash, no xfer fee, and instant to coinbase.  THen I can convert to fiat there to make the monthly payment on the gear.   Going to take like 4-5 months to pay it off.

Wow, what cards do you use that gets you $9-12 per card?!  1080 TI? 

You should try Miningpool Hub auto switch with Nemos, Multipoolminer or Awesome miner. You can set your payout coin and also payout threshold. So you can set somethnig with lower fees like LTC and set it to payout every day based on your hashrate.

I will look into that thanks.  Which is your favorite autoswitcher?  Do you use Windows or Linux?

I really do like the simplicity of the accounting with Nicehash though.  It's pays out once per day... then I just record that as income based on current market value of bitcoin at the time it was paid out.  Then once transferred to coinbase, do the capital gains/loss on that.   Can import the Nicehash payout log & coinbase logs into some software that will calculate both income taxes and capital gains.   If I collect multiple coins it becomes a lot more work for the accounting right?
Zikkson

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:41:29 PM

I prefer Nemosminer, but i would like to try Awesome Miner, becase it looks interesting and im running windows 10. Anyway im running test between ahaspool and miningpoolhub and it looks like ahashpool has better profit. Will see in next days
geekcryptogal (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:35:46 AM

I prefer Nemosminer, but i would like to try Awesome Miner, becase it looks interesting and im running windows 10. Anyway im running test between ahaspool and miningpoolhub and it looks like ahashpool has better profit. Will see in next days

Let me know, thanks for the reply.  I am new to all this and when I ran nemosminer I got all excited when I saw several currencies to where I could make $50 per day whereas I was ony making $21.5 per day from Nicehash.  Turns out I only made about $24 per day with Nemosminer plus ahashpool.  Spent a good 2 or 3 hours getting excitied that I could actually make 40-50 dollars per day on this $3500 rig.. I was like.. this thing is going to pay for itself in 1 1/2 months instead of 3 1/2 months.
Zikkson

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:16:31 AM

Sadly you cant earn what nemosminer reports, because these profits are changing over day which means if it reports $50/day, after few minutes it can be $15/day and your miner switches to something more profitable where is for example $20/day which can be most profitable for hours. Real profit is somewhere in the middle of expected from my experience. Look at the nemosminer topic in this forum, there is tons of information about settings etc. I suggest you to set interval in bat file to 900 to avoid too many switches. But nemo is working on new version where he is doing some changes, so settings could be different in near future. We will see.

Anyway i tested Awesome Miner and it is thrash for me, much slower than nemo and looks ugly Smiley Right now my ahaspool 24h test is running. Miningpoolhub earned 22.15usd/day on my 6x1060 6gb rig so i cant wait till today 8pm to compare results of these two pools. Will post results here as well.
geekcryptogal (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:47:36 AM

Sadly you cant earn what nemosminer reports, because these profits are changing over day which means if it reports $50/day, after few minutes it can be $15/day and your miner switches to something more profitable where is for example $20/day which can be most profitable for hours. Real profit is somewhere in the middle of expected from my experience. Look at the nemosminer topic in this forum, there is tons of information about settings etc. I suggest you to set interval in bat file to 900 to avoid too many switches. But nemo is working on new version where he is doing some changes, so settings could be different in near future. We will see.

Anyway i tested Awesome Miner and it is thrash for me, much slower than nemo and looks ugly Smiley Right now my ahaspool 24h test is running. Miningpoolhub earned 22.15usd/day on my 6x1060 6gb rig so i cant wait till today 8pm to compare results of these two pools. Will post results here as well.

Thanks for sharing all that.  I noticed the miners that nemo launches .. a couple cause some significant coil whine on my brand new 1070 TI's.. specifically x17 and sib algs.   When I switched back to Nicehash, there is never any coil whine.   Also I found my system had turned itself off after I woke from a nap for a few hours... tried to turn it back on and it woudn't boot.  Then when it started booting was stuck on windows logo.   Figured it could of been malware (vnc, nemosminer) so I restored my fresh install of windows along with fresh Nicehash install (no vnc), rebooted and started up Nicehash and it's been good ever since.   I like that I can transfer my bitcoin from the Nicehash internal wallet to coinbase instantly and with no fee.   I like how it doesn't cause any coil whine nor shut down my system.  Have no idea what happened with nemosminer.

I make it a point to backup the system every time before I try new software so I can rollback to any previous state.  2tb usb 3.0 backup drive to backup currently about 30gb at a time.. takes all of like 9 minutes to backup, and about 6 mins to restore.. love Macrium Reflect Free w/ Media Recovery thumb drive for backups/restores -- backup drive is NEVER plugged into a live OS, only when running Macrium off thumb drive Smiley
Zikkson

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:58:06 AM

I also have some problems with nemosminer with some algos, but it looks like it is virtual memory issue so i have to set bigger virtual memory and hope it helps. It cases pc to slow down after few hours. But still my favourite miner with great profit
naK2

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:03:04 AM

The best for me so far seems to be to go with MiningPoolHub which has multiple algos to mine, and then use this (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2623352.0) mining software to mine with.

On MiningPoolHub you can select to auto exchange to a coin of your choice. But most importantly, you can keep the coins you want and only auto-exchange the ones you don't to a more preferred coin.
The Demon Slick

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:36:47 PM

If you're not looking to cash out every day, you can mine the coins of your choice, get paid out in those coins, and wait for a price increase, then sell. Then your 20$ day can turn 50.
ex - mine 1k etn @.08 usd, wait 2 weeks, 1 etn = .16 usd, chaching a little.
Zikkson

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:14:39 PM

I ended 24h test ahashpool vs miningpoolhub with 6x1060 mining rig and here is result:

Ahashpool - 20.5usd/day
Miningpoolhub - 21.7usd/day

So MPH can do 36usd/month more than ahaspool, its 6% better result for MPH in general and im not counting lower fees for LTC which i use as payout at MPH (ahaspool is BTC only).
geekcryptogal (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:31:25 PM

MPH sounds really good.  Thanks for sharing everyone.

With the recent crash, it looks like my $3500 rig is going to ROI in about 7 months instead of 3.5 months -- oh well.  That's assuming current rate of course -- could get better or worse. 

Interestingly, 1070 TI still selling for $700-750 (buy it now) on ebay.   I looked to see if people were selling off their cards due to crash.  Doesn't appear to be the case.  There seems to be decent profit still even with the crash.  so I get $19 per day instead of $27 per day on my 5 card 1070 TI rig, oh well.   (Nicehash numbers)
The Demon Slick

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:26:22 PM

mining on the dip = buying on the dip. Mine and hold. Prices won't stay down for long. They never do. Wait to sell at the new higher prices, maybe a week or two at the most.
cryptominer420

Activity: 450
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:43:45 PM

zpoolminer is another set and forget option works on zpool only currently. Has lots of algo's and miners for nvidia, and a dev release is available which added a lot of algos for amd miners. Interested check my sig.

╖   ╓╖╖                         ╖╖╖ ,
  ▒   ╢▒,@▒▒▒║ ╓╣╝║║*╢  ╢▒╣ ],`]░╢▒▒╖ ▒ ╥╢▒▒▒╢  @╝╢▒
  Ñ▒▒]▒▒` ]`╢║▒╣▒╢▒▒  ╢▒╝▒▒▒  ╢▒╜║▒▒▒╢▒╜  ╢╢║N
 ║╢   ▒▒╜ ║▒▒╢▒▒@@╢▒║  ╢▒╜ ▒ ╙▒▒,║░▒╣ ▒║ ╢▒▒╢▒▒▒»@╢@@╢╜

▬▬  A Miner Built Mining Platform  ▬▬[/url]