Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:45:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help please recovering my bitcoin  (Read 381 times)
JaredStein

Activity: 379
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:40:14 AM

Was it an exchange? Did you give personal details to open it?

Do you remember anything about the wallet website which color was it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EnaksiS

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:42:18 AM

Holy Bibble, this is much more interesting then the prison break's season 1  Smiley I am gonna follow this thread to see the result. Is he gonna be rich, is this a new bitcoin myth?

PS: I hope you find it dude and i hope it wasn't bitcoin core  Huh
jityap

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:46:26 AM

Once it's gone, it is gone forever. No one can help you if you don't know which wallet you stored it in.
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:52:03 AM

Once it's gone, it is gone forever. No one can help you if you don't know which wallet you stored it in.

hey you are not exactly helping here mate, so keep your negative feelings to yourself. Just to keep the OP's spirit high, there is a story of much more hopeless bitcoin recovery, which eventually succeeded: https://www.wired.com/story/i-forgot-my-pin-an-epic-tale-of-losing-dollar30000-in-bitcoin/
Tekunda

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:01:50 PM

Guys about 5-6 years ago I was payed £100 for a product via bitcoin I can’t remember what the site was I used! Can anyone help? Surely there wasn’t many bitcoin accounts back then?

I have a feeling it’s bitcoin.com but they don’t have any options to login? It was a site that I used via computer not by phone app.

Thanks

A product? Bitcoin is a currency.... not a product. You might have signed up at Blockchain.info {wallet provider} ...just work

through your old emails, you normally get a confirmation email with every site where you signed up. There is a site called

Bitcoin.com, but I doubt that you bought bitcoins there.  Tongue

Learn to comprehend. He said he was paid for a product in bitcoin. He never stated that bitcoin is the product, or that bitcoin is a product.
Etoboss (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:02:14 PM

I am sure it was bitcoin.com. I looks familiar soon as I seen the page. All I used to open the account was an email and password. Just trying to find some way of getting on there old desktop site.

Thanks guys
Etoboss (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:48:22 PM

Guys I got hold of the founder of bitcoin.com and he has said there has never been a bitcoin online wallet response below

Your "account" certainly wasn't with Bitcoin.com.
You will need to contact whoever your "account" was with.
I would guess blockchain.info since they are the most popular wallet in the world.
Bitcoin.com has never had an online wallet in the entire history of the domain.

Good luck!
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:54:09 AM

Guys I got hold of the founder of bitcoin.com and he has said there has never been a bitcoin online wallet response below

Your "account" certainly wasn't with Bitcoin.com.
You will need to contact whoever your "account" was with.
I would guess blockchain.info since they are the most popular wallet in the world.
Bitcoin.com has never had an online wallet in the entire history of the domain.

Good luck!
I am sorry to hear that. I reopened your thread because as I promissed I had a look at the website and I checked that they enable you to contact them after you fill out a series of webforms confirming you are aware they don't control bitcoin in any way. As I can see, it is to no avail now.

I also think that the most reasonable webpage to have a wallet at that time in the past was blockchain.info. I encourage you to contact them again.

bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:15:14 AM

You should try searching your emails. spend your next weekends doing so, i hope you would find them Smiley
markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:19:04 AM

Guys about 5-6 years ago I was payed £100 for a product via bitcoin I can’t remember what the site was I used! Can anyone help? Surely there wasn’t many bitcoin accounts back then?

I have a feeling it’s bitcoin.com but they don’t have any options to login? It was a site that I used via computer not by phone app.

Thanks

Hi there Etoboss! Most of the people who received bitcoin on those early years nearly forgotten their bitcoins until they are alarmed that the price is so high that almost the ten time from the original value back then. If you will email those company and ask if you have account in their company, the hope maybe not at your side. What I could recommend is to search for your emails, most of the wallet provider back then requires you an email address before you could signup and receive bitcoin. Frim their you could just change password then to enable or enter to your account.  Wink
jityap

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:32:36 PM

hey you are not exactly helping here mate, so keep your negative feelings to yourself. Just to keep the OP's spirit high, there is a story of much more hopeless bitcoin recovery, which eventually succeeded: https://www.wired.com/story/i-forgot-my-pin-an-epic-tale-of-losing-dollar30000-in-bitcoin/

That guy had the wallet on a trezor.
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:23:01 PM

yes obviously he had his wallet on Trezor. Do you think I posted it without reading? It is a different story, I am not claiming it is the same. But there are similarities too - the guy had his bitcoins and then lost access to them.

Also, it is well written, it is a good read, and what is the most important: it was much more hopeless than the OP's case and the guy finally succeeded. So I posted it in the hope that it will raise the spirit of OP up.

And I wanted to argue with your negative comment "Once it's gone, it is gone forever. No one can help you if you don't know which wallet you stored it in" which has nothing to back it but some pessimistic premonition. If the author of the article I posted asked the question in bitcointalk on how to access his Trezor, you would reply "Once it's gone, it is gone forever. No one can help you if you don't remember your PIN nor the backup phrase", wouldn't you?

But the guy succeeded.

I hope the OP succeeds too. He has some good advice.
btcgreen63

Activity: 98
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:28:35 PM

I don't have much advice to add. One thing you could do is use the Internet Archive Wayback machine to see what websites looked like years ago. It might trigger a memory. It can also eliminate websites that didn't exist back then.

https://archive.org/web/
strickland

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:58:26 PM

You should try searching your emails. spend your next weekends doing so, i hope you would find them Smiley
That is why people should have a backup file or some paper on the side that has the information of the wallet.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
jityap

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:54:58 PM

yes obviously he had his wallet on Trezor. Do you think I posted it without reading? It is a different story, I am not claiming it is the same. But there are similarities too - the guy had his bitcoins and then lost access to them.

Also, it is well written, it is a good read, and what is the most important: it was much more hopeless than the OP's case and the guy finally succeeded. So I posted it in the hope that it will raise the spirit of OP up.

And I wanted to argue with your negative comment "Once it's gone, it is gone forever. No one can help you if you don't know which wallet you stored it in" which has nothing to back it but some pessimistic premonition. If the author of the article I posted asked the question in bitcointalk on how to access his Trezor, you would reply "Once it's gone, it is gone forever. No one can help you if you don't remember your PIN nor the backup phrase", wouldn't you?

But the guy succeeded.

I hope the OP succeeds too. He has some good advice.

I hope OP succeeds too. I didn't intend my post that way. The important thing is he has to figure out which wallet he stored it in.
zentdex

Activity: 196
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:23:50 PM

You could send an email to the wallet provider and inquire as to whether you have account in their platform, the expectation perhaps not next to you. What I could prescribe is to scan for your messages, the majority of the wallet provider in those days requires you an email address before you could information exchange and get bitcoin. Good luck.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:42:51 PM

Thanks guy.

Problem is I have had 7 emails since! 4 are closed down emails.

All I can do is go on every single site register every email address I have had and if I don’t get an error saying email already being used means it’s not that email.

I ment I sold some supplements to someone from the states. He asked me can he pay via coin so I followed his instructions to open a coin account and so on. Don’t have the guys email anymore.

I can remember like after a week of him sending me the money it dropped down to £0 so I thought wtf been hacked and just left it! Never signed back in. But even if the coin went to £0 it would of went back up once value of coin went up?
It's strange for me that the money (balance) has dropped to Ł0... Are you sure that the guy had not asked you to send him some key (not the public but the private), because you wrote that you were following his instructions. In that case he was able to empty the bitcoin address after a week, so it smells like a scam, or at least similar...
Hope you'll have luck and can work out a solution for yourself! At least, you'll learn a lot about bitcoin, and later that knowledge will worth more that those old coins...
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:13:11 PM

It is hard for us to help you because there are hundreds of wallets online and you could have an account on any of them. So, what you need to do is to make a research on the internet to find wich wallets people talked about 5-6 years ago. Also you have to check all your emails that you know you used in the time you created you wallet. Try to search for key terms like ,,bitcoin" ,,cryptocurrencies" and other words like that because this way you will find faster the email you need.
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:30:14 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 10:41:22 PM by carter34

I really wish you would find it with your passion to recover it but is really a long time and you might have lost some of its identity.
I still wish you luck in your endeavour to search for it. I guess we are learning our modern day lession. Crypto currency is a big business and it is still emerging - meaning greater financial opportunities are abounds. We have to secure our ids.
yana0901

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:38:08 PM

now bitcoins are very popular and many people try to earn on it want to earn money and is looking for experienced teachers. But this is very good
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: