Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:57:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum vs. Bitcoin  (Read 489 times)
cryptodrei

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

The future is your Genome

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:27:50 PM

What are the chances Ethereum will surpass Bitcoin by market cap?
It can really happen when bitcoin's price fail most of the investors are going to switch to ethereum because it has more stable price from the past months and it has faster tx confirmation that bitcoin.Most of the big players are manipulating the market using bitcoin's market,and that only means its popularity has gone to wild,for a common people who doesnt know how the market works they will just buy bitcoin not knowing they could lose a lot in an instant,that is why i prefer ethereum over bitcoin.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spyderbilt

Activity: 320

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:39:50 PM

chances are very small because ethereum is very different from bitcoin. bitcoin has a good position and a big selling market over other coins, ethererum can only be below the bitcoin position and can not yet exceed ethereum.
UNOE

Activity: 791
Merit: 271

This is personal

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:44:08 PM

Reason I'm asking is that Bitcoin whales are obviously diversifying in the last couple of months. Ripple's ascent was the obvious consequence (a few other coins, too). But if you look at real numbers, Bitcoin doesn't do anything any other coin doesn't, while Ethereum is the highest used blockchain. And usage drives value. Just compare the main parameter - number of transactions: https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions and https://etherscan.io/chart/tx. I expect this year a lot of DAPPS based on ETH that were started last year will get into production, and their usage will further enhance the ETH lead (if it manages to scale, of course). I know, there was a lot of talk on this same topic back in June, when ETH reached 0.16 per BTC. But this time ETH has proven usage...

Well said. I also think that you can look at circulating supply of Bitcoin and Ethereum. There is no limit for Ethereum. That has to mean something in long term looking(5,10 years). I've noticed that Etherum is growing more frequently then Bitcoin(jan 2018.). If there is growth of Bitcoin for 4 %,Ethereum is doubling his growth. It can be possible and resonable to think that it might surpass bitcoin in the future. But that is only my opinion. After all Bitcoin will always be the "first"

makuhpal

Activity: 256

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:48:25 PM

Ethereum has more chances to replace bitcoin than any shitcoins out there,it has a good platform where the smart contracts are created and the community is solid like what bitcoin has,plus it is matured enough and has faster transaction confirmations than bitcoin also it has lesser fee than bitcoin.If there is only one coin that could replace bitcoin it isnt bitcoin cash its ethereum!

crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:51:00 PM

I think this can happen in the next month, but it will not remain forever,capitalization of bitcoin will outperform any of the currently existing coins!

This could be possible since a lot of good altcoins are offering great services too but I think bitcoin will not allow that to happen. Bitcoin will continue to improve its system and it will get faster than before, though ETH is another option I would say that better to have this both and enjoy your profit soon.
KeithBeeCham

Activity: 252
Merit: 22

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:56:48 PM

It's easy to see that existing altcoins are using the Blockchain 2.0 technology platform, which Ethereum owns. So in the future, it can be assured that Ethereum will completely replace Bitcoin to become the leading cryptos in the market. Ethereum has solved many disadvantages that Bitcoin currently has such as transaction speed, high transaction fees.

Kwame Genius

Activity: 260
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 10:01:55 PM

Yes ETH can not surpass BTC. BTC is climbing the ladder in the market , it is showing it seniority over eth. No way bitcoin can loss it's number one position in the market.

center]fLibero.Financial
Hyper deflationary | Automatic Staking & Compounding
IvyAguas

Activity: 69
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:02:42 AM

Ethereum is very promising but i dont thing it will surpass bitcoin, maybe the value the etherium quite high than bitcoin but still bitcoin was the first crytocurrency and bitcoin continue to inovate and solve all its disavantages.
rudyconsl15

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:39:37 AM

Ethereum will not exceed Bitcoin in a short time. Bitcoin can be said KINGS in the world of crypto and Ethereum is king of Altcoin. Seeing the difference in current selling price alone is very far away. Therefore Ethereum can not possibly surpass Bitcoin.
real eyes realize

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:34:23 AM

In my opinion, it is a really low chance. I think ethereum is the best altcoin, but despite that, it has a very long way to go. Bitcoin is still have an amazing market cap which is almost double of the ethereum's cap.
RedzoneASE

Activity: 350

TRONscratch.com

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:40:47 AM

It's hard to say that Ether could have a chance to surpass bitcoin. In what I observed when bitcoin falls down almost all of the other  crypt drag down. Let's observe what will be the end market price of BTC and ETh this year then we could conclude well.

jamesdean35

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:41:56 AM

Both of them are basic of crypto if they dissappear crypto get huge damage. If I have to choose one I prefer ethereum because its future is more reliable

Dek_Fakhri

Activity: 169

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:47:37 AM

bitcoin superior to any altcoin including the ethereum. Besides considering the amount of bitcoin's getting a little then, of course, the price will be more expensive, it makes the bitcoin should be used to invest in the long term.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:48:08 AM

For my own opinion, ethereum is the best, built for smart contracts and also when using etherem, you have much lower transaction fees compare to bitcoin. Also when using ethereum so fast to do transaction, I believe that ethereum will surpass bitcoin in the future.
nhattori27

Activity: 387
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:50:25 AM

I like both Bitcoin and Ethereum. They are very good for investment. I don't think Ethereum would surpass bitcoin in near future.
rhyajelle

Activity: 532

https://www.empirehotels.io/

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 06:57:36 AM

Of course bitcoin will still be the best of all altcoin. because after all the bitcoin is the mother of all coins.

EMPC  Token
EMPIREHOTELS (EMPC) used for business, hotel ,Room booking
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ? face Book  Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019
anhhung409

Activity: 318

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:14:44 AM

I think this is impossible because its value is too low for Bitcoin. Although the value of Bitcoin is falling sharply, ETH is also falling. So in the near future, it is hard to beat Bitcoin, it is still the leading currency

wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 10:26:19 AM

In my opinion Ethereum can be bigger than Bitcoin in the future because Ethereum was given many more benefits to the cryptocurrency community The feature of Ethereum also more unique than Bitcoin. Beside that the founder of ETH Vitalik Buterin look very active to promote the advantages of Ethereum platform in many country. He also make new feature of Ethereum so give more benefits to the cryptocurrency community in the world.

lero34

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:27:31 PM

In addition, that bitcoin appeared one of the first, it has no more advantages. The ethereum is technologically superior to bitcoin and the public has more interest in the ethereum. Long-term investment is better done in it.
Ilana003

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:31:00 PM

Bitcoin and Ethereum are designed for different fields of activity, and they are the best, at the moment, in their direction. And my opinion is that they will live all the time while there is a cryptocurrency and no one will put them forward from the forefront, because Bitcoin is the beginning of the history of digital money in cryptography, it is the Foundation for absolutely all cryptocurrencies that already exist and that will be, but Ethereum gave a new development in the digital world of money!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: