Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:26:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quinlan Associates: Bitcoin Price will Crash to $1,800 in 2018  (Read 737 times)
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:26:08 PM

Who are these people? I’ve never heard of them before.
How come! You don't know them!? They are Wall Street consultancy firm Quinlan Associates. The big bold name says everything.

Ops - me too never heard of them  Grin

However, I can make a guess.

These are the same people who are telling it's a bubble, it's a bubble  Grin This is what I mean
In their 156-page report titled “Fool’s Gold: Unearthing The World of Cryptocurrency,” the firm comprehensively stated that the current bitcoin price above $14,000 is a bubble and does not reflect the true worth of the cryptocurrency

These are the people like Warren Buffett "In terms of cryptocurrencies generally I can say almost with certainty that they will come to a bad ending. Now when It happens or how or anything else I don't know" In reply of the interviewers he also said, "I get enough trouble with the things I know something about why in the world should I take a long or short position with something that I don't know anything about..."

I do not blame him, he is an old school. He should not know anything about even how to check an email.

I think I just realised something about these people...

These people are one step ahead then Warren Buffett coz they know the price and the year but Warren Buffett still do not know when it will happen.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:54:03 AM

“As an asset, we valued Bitcoin using a cost of production approach and a store of value approach, resulting in values of $2,161 and $687 respectively. To value BTC as a currency, we estimated its utilisation for both legal, retail transaction payments, as well as payments in the black market. After significant testing, we calculated the price of BTC to be $1,780.”

‘In the short term, Quinlan Associates sees nothing but a period of a critical bloodbath for bitcoin and the crypto ecosystem as a whole. However, the firm opined that the market would be rebound after the crash to experience another period of growth triggered by cryptocurrencies with strong foundations and a clear utility
https://btcmanager.com/quinlan-associates-bitcoin-price-will-crash-1800-2018/

I've never heard of them either. But it's opinionated nonetheless.

What they are saying could make sense. A crypto bloodbath could happen this year since usually the performance of bitcoin is very poor after a year of huge pumps, such as last year. Just like 2014 was pretty much only doom and gloom.

And what they are saying about the rebound when market matures again and halving cycle comes round again is true as well.

The only thing I disagree with is the pricing. $1.8k is way too low. I'd say $4k is the rock bottom for this year, and it may not be hit for the entire year.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:44:11 AM

I read the article while their predictions are low, at the same time I cannot argue with them in several points, we know we are in a bubble, we do not know if we hit the floor yet but it was clear bitcoin could not be worth 20k, now they are not predicting bitcoin is going to disappear just that the bubble will burst and then and even bigger growth will follow, this seems about right if you ask me, the only aspect in which most of the forum members will disagree is the price at which they think bitcoin will hit rock bottom.
Even if we were in a bubble, how does that make it possible for bitcoin to crash to $1,800? That is pretty much absurd. So, in that case, what happened to all those support we had back when bitcoin bounced from $2900 during the china palaver, when bitcoin rallied around $5000 to and fro and so on.

Hence, we will just keep popping those supports like soda and keep going down? I am sure they are just some bunch of old associates who are still connected with the old world and have nothing to offer in this new age except to create some nuisance.
vidprab5

Activity: 222
Merit: 11

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:01:09 PM

Quinlan Associates, huh. They lost any semblance of credibility in my eyes for at least two items. The first, dark market use. They have to be seriously outdated in their research data if they still believe dark market provides any significant use for Bitcoin. It was already displaced by Ethereum all the way back in 2016, and after last year's enforcement stings on the top dogs, it's extremely difficult to see how Bitcoin can still play a role beyond the tiniest ones there.

Second point that grinds my gears isn't really a point, just their choice of phrase: "Critical bloodbath"

Can't believe you actually have to pay to see their exact methods for coming to their conclusion. Makes me want to enter the consultancy business.

Oh yeah bro, you do want to be a consultant. It’s estimated that globally all major consulting firms combined, like Deloitte, make somewhere near $200 billion dollars a year, they don’t produce a product and are wrong half the time. They generally have no better outcome than guesswork can produce.
Probably I may have to start considering this to. The only thing that perturbs me though is the fact that some people still keep listening to them when their words should be taken as nothing. Since all they do is guesswork and hoping that one day, they can come tell you something like; 'I told you so', they are just set of craps to me. Only that they always find some excuses to justify their stupidity anyway.

pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:18:47 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 11:06:10 PM by pixie85

Nobody heard of them and yet a piece of crap news like that is being discussed on the forums and posted on news outlets. Cheesy
To me it's a nice example of how rumors spread. Maybe we should start our own group that's going to flood the news with rumors of an incoming fiat money crash and banks going belly up.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:23:46 AM

“As an asset, we valued Bitcoin using a cost of production approach and a store of value approach, resulting in values of $2,161 and $687 respectively. To value BTC as a currency, we estimated its utilisation for both legal, retail transaction payments, as well as payments in the black market. After significant testing, we calculated the price of BTC to be $1,780.”

‘In the short term, Quinlan Associates sees nothing but a period of a critical bloodbath for bitcoin and the crypto ecosystem as a whole. However, the firm opined that the market would be rebound after the crash to experience another period of growth triggered by cryptocurrencies with strong foundations and a clear utility
https://btcmanager.com/quinlan-associates-bitcoin-price-will-crash-1800-2018/

What they are saying could make sense. A crypto bloodbath could happen this year since usually the performance of bitcoin is very poor after a year of huge pumps, such as last year. Just like 2014 was pretty much only doom and gloom.

And what they are saying about the rebound when market matures again and halving cycle comes round again is true as well.

The only thing I disagree with is the pricing. $1.8k is way too low. I'd say $4k is the rock bottom for this year, and it may not be hit for the entire year.
Is there no worst thing some of them have said in the past? When relating it to where we are today? They will always say shitty things and people like this will always from nowhere give themselves some title all in the name of giving assumptions, but do they really make any sense? I guess not! And as an investor, I would rather not consider whatever they have said as anything sensible at all. You said it yourself, $1,800 is just way too low, and that shows how disconnected they are to reality.
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:14:18 AM

How come! You don't know them!? They are Wall Street consultancy firm Quinlan Associates. The big bold name says everything.

Ops - me too never heard of them  Grin

However, I can make a guess.

These are the same people who are telling it's a bubble, it's a bubble  Grin This is what I mean
In their 156-page report titled “Fool’s Gold: Unearthing The World of Cryptocurrency,” the firm comprehensively stated that the current bitcoin price above $14,000 is a bubble and does not reflect the true worth of the cryptocurrency

These are the people like Warren Buffett "In terms of cryptocurrencies generally I can say almost with certainty that they will come to a bad ending. Now when It happens or how or anything else I don't know" In reply of the interviewers he also said, "I get enough trouble with the things I know something about why in the world should I take a long or short position with something that I don't know anything about..."

I do not blame him, he is an old school. He should not know anything about even how to check an email.

I think I just realised something about these people...

These people are one step ahead then Warren Buffett coz they know the price and the year but Warren Buffett still do not know when it will happen.
They are the set of people who are always fine with spreading of FUDs than using their sense to talk. I am sure they just want to gain some relevance in the market, and they already have it. I do not know them either and I really do not want to know them. If you take a look at it, most of them are just stupidly ignorant and rather than keep their mouth shut until when they get into their coffin since they have limited number of years anyway, they always just want to talk. Old cargoes!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: