Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:49:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CEX.IO Scam. BEWARE! Filing a Complaint.  (Read 373 times)
substar7 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:06:13 AM

Hi to all,

As you can all see on CEX.IO Twitter account that many people are scammed by CEX.IO like me.

I want to start this thread to start joining together to fight against owners of CEX.IO

My CEX.IO ID# up106236101

I have deposited BTC into my CEX account for the first time after verifying my account on December 12, 2017 and sold my BTC for fiat currency then withdrew the amount as a wire transfer in USD the same day. The total amount is $43,172 USD. I waited for a week for the wire transfer to be processed, but nothing has changed.

I contacted support several times, but got no reply from them at all
and my withdrawal was in pending status until December 26, 2017

Finally, I got a message from CEX.IO on December 26, 2017 about wire had been processed and since then no wire transfer has arrived in my bank account and CEX.IO currently has my money.

I did call my bank to check incoming wire transfer and also checked all my banking wire information to make sure that if everything was correct and no problems at all.

Simply, they did not wire the $43,172. I'm going to contact a lawyer in UK and report this SCAM to the local authorities. I have taken all screenshots and screen recordings and collecting all email corespondents.

I have not received my money even though it has passed more than a month (34 days) after withdrawal

I am filing a complaint to the FBI here: https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Please join in to make pressure.

Here is the UK Police you can report
http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report-a-fraud-including-online-crime-questions

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 05:29:04 PM

We have escalated the query to the responsible department for it to be processed as fast as possible. Please, accept our apologies regarding the matter. We will do our best to find the money and to resolve the case as soon as possible. Meanwhile, we kindly ask for your patience and understanding as we experience an extremely large load.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
substar7 (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:09:14 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 04:02:50 PM by substar7

Meanwhile, we kindly ask for your patience and understanding as we experience an extremely large load.

It has been more than a month and please do explain what kind of large load would take 34 days for a simple wire transfer?
You could have mentioned this large load issue on your website as a warning before wire transfer request so that people like me don't fall for this long wait trap.

Also Here I have an update...

Finally a reply from CEX.IO...

-------
Thank you very much for your patience.

We will request information in the bank, however, unfortunately, it may take some time to receive it. Please do not worry, you will be immediately informed once we receive an update.

We are extremely sorry for the delay regarding this matter.

However, we kindly ask you to update us once the funds will reach your bank account.

Your understanding is highly appreciated on this issue.
Best Regards,
--------

As I have explained in my previous post I have called my bank for any incoming wire transfers and there is none. It means the wire has not been executed by CEX.IO at all. If wire is sent it only takes 3 business days. Not 34 days.
My bank account is correct. I have double checked all to make sure again.

I have now replied CEX support with this message.
Sergey37

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:39:44 AM

up111821995 Create Withdrawal 2017-12-15 00:27:42 still, so far status 'Payment verification' Transaction ID: 5202952428 There were only 2 responses in 72 days, and in both responses they gave me data for other transactions. I wrote this in the request 514291, but they do not answer again. My 2,000.00 USD gone missing. They're just write here:"We have increased the priority of your ticket. You should get an update soon", but they don't really do anything.
wallexon163

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:31:08 PM

I support you and write an application to the British police and the FBI, thanks for the links.
All correspondence and translations are preserved.
On January 18, a person from the finance department of this exchange said that he sent the money. Money has not yet been received. Either the employee of the exchange has stolen them, or the exchange has stolen them. Either they are simply engaged in fraud.
wallexon163

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:55:47 AM

They probably do not care about reputation. And not interested in anything but money. Impact on the forum does not give absolutely no reaction, except for temporary regular template responses.
So you need to decide in the legal field. Either at a personal meeting in your CEX.IO office, my partners have data, so the meeting for you will take place soon, if the money is not returned to my account.
Beginner85

Activity: 247

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:25:07 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 08:47:13 AM by Beginner85

Yes maybe scam..
The transaction was made on 14.02.2018
Because I haven't received my funds yet. I have been waiting for $438.48 for 12 days now but so far the funds haven't arrived at my bank account yet. I contacted the bank but they said no payments have been made. I emailed Cex.io about the situation. At first they said it might take up to 10 days. When I emailed them for the second time which is after 12 days, now they are saying it might take up to 20 days. After 8 days, they might say 30 days, who knows!!

up118149849 ticket 692476

Feb 22, 14:28 GMT

It's been 8 days and we haven't received the money yet. Can you please check on it. And also, we added another visa card. If there's a problem with our first card, please send the funds to the second card. Thank you.

Auto message....
Dear up118149849

Thank you for your request.
We understand your concerns about the money and will do everything possible to make sure that you receive the funds.
Please, note that the deposit/withdrawal transaction has been initiated less than 10 days ago. If you still do not receive the payment after 10 days, please, submit a request again, and one of our support members will assist you.

We are grateful for your understanding. Our team is working hard on cutting the backlog and guaranteeing reasonable processing times for each and every transaction.

Thank you for your patience,
CEX.IO Team
--------------------------------------------------------------
up118149849 ticket 695721

Feb 26, 11:26 GMT

It's been 12 days and we haven't received the money yet. Can you please check on it. And also, we added another visa card. If there's a problem with our first card, please send the funds to the second card. Thank you.

Now 20 banking days...

Margret (CEX.IO)

Feb 26, 11:39 GMT

Dear up118149849,

We see in the activity history that your withdrawal has been fully completed from our side:

2018-02-14 11:05:21   -438.48 USD   0.00   WITHDRAW   -   Credit card: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX Completed

Please note that it may take up to 20 banking days (weekends are not counted) for banking system to process the payment. This time depends on your bank and the correspondent-bank involved. Therefore, we kindly ask you to wait.

In case you do not receive your funds within the mentioned time frames, please let us know.
Best Regards
Margret
Support Team
Good job and reserved for 30 banking days.. thx..
Edit: Cex.io sent the money right on time which was on 15.02.2018, but the Turkish banking system took so much time to deposit the funds in to the bank account. So thank you very much and I do apologize for my posts..
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 01:49:27 PM

Yes maybe scam..
The transaction was made on 14.02.2018
Because I haven't received my funds yet. I have been waiting for $438.48 for 12 days now but so far the funds haven't arrived at my bank account yet. I contacted the bank but they said no payments have been made. I emailed Cex.io about the situation. At first they said it might take up to 10 days. When I emailed them for the second time which is after 12 days, now they are saying it might take up to 20 days. After 8 days, they might say 30 days, who knows!!

up118149849 ticket 692476

Feb 22, 14:28 GMT

It's been 8 days and we haven't received the money yet. Can you please check on it. And also, we added another visa card. If there's a problem with our first card, please send the funds to the second card. Thank you.

Auto message....
Dear up118149849

We understand your concerns about the money and will do everything possible to make sure that you receive the funds.
Please, note that the deposit/withdrawal transaction has been initiated less than 10 days ago. If you still do not receive the payment after 10 days, please, submit a request again, and one of our support members will assist you.

We are grateful for your understanding. Our team is working hard on cutting the backlog and guaranteeing reasonable processing times for each and every transaction.

Thank you for your patience,
CEX.IO Team
--------------------------------------------------------------
up118149849 ticket 695721

Feb 26, 11:26 GMT

It's been 12 days and we haven't received the money yet. Can you please check on it. And also, we added another visa card. If there's a problem with our first card, please send the funds to the second card. Thank you.

Now 20 banking days...

Margret (CEX.IO)

Feb 26, 11:39 GMT

Dear up118149849,

We see in the activity history that your withdrawal has been fully completed from our side:

2018-02-14 11:05:21   -438.48 USD   0.00   WITHDRAW   -   Credit card: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX Completed

Please note that it may take up to 20 banking days (weekends are not counted) for banking system to process the payment. This time depends on your bank and the correspondent-bank involved. Therefore, we kindly ask you to wait.

In case you do not receive your funds within the mentioned time frames, please let us know.
Best Regards
Margret
Support Team
Good job and reserved for 30 banking days.. thx..

You were recently responded and provided with the details of the transaction. Please check them with your bank. With them, they should be able to find the payment and credit it correctly.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 01:55:21 PM

up111821995 Create Withdrawal 2017-12-15 00:27:42 still, so far status 'Payment verification' Transaction ID: 5202952428 There were only 2 responses in 72 days, and in both responses they gave me data for other transactions. I wrote this in the request 514291, but they do not answer again. My 2,000.00 USD gone missing. They're just write here:"We have increased the priority of your ticket. You should get an update soon", but they don't really do anything.

As you were told by the support team, they are currently investigating the case with the payments processor. It still may take some time. Please let them do their job, and you will definitely receive your funds.

Beginner85

Activity: 247

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:48:26 AM

You were recently responded and provided with the details of the transaction. Please check them with your bank. With them, they should be able to find the payment and credit it correctly.
Cex.io sent the money right on time which was on 15.02.2018, but the Turkish banking system took so much time to deposit the funds in to the bank account. So thank you very much and I do apologize for my posts..
Rex_DT7

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:54:03 PM

I am also upset on them (CEX.IO). My deposit of $5000 is not showing up (since 11th Feb 2018) and now they have stopped replying on the ticket. My bank confirmed that payment has been excepted at CEX.IO bank account.

What's the use of trading here when payments are not processed on time.

I think I will also take your advice by taking legal counsel and file complaints to authorities.
boxero

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:37:59 AM

My user id is: up121904032

Day 27.9.2018 I have sent 0.186 BTC to my CEX.IO wallet, since I wanted first to test them ( I was curious do CEX.IO lie since nobody like to get scammed) because I would invest more if CEX.IO were legit.

Next step was exchanging from BTC to USD in trade section, after that I added my Visa card, verified it and ofcourse account state was changed from basic to verified.

Same day 27.9.2018 I committed withdraw of $1000 to my linked Visa ($996 should have arrive and $4 is fee).

Today 30.9.2018 I STILL DIDN'T RECIEVED ANY MONEY wich I did withdraw to my linked card. CEX.IO is NOT RESPONDING on my tickets.

$208 has been left into my CEX.IO balance and I thought I should withdrawn those funds too. After committed withdrawn CEX.IO rejected with no reason at all.

I sent an message to customer service and I recieved trash reply.

All what I get is junk and trash replies like:
- "Thank you for contacting us. I will escalate this matter to the concerned department. The person in charge will get back to you in the nearest possible time for assistance. Your patience on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thank you for understanding. Best regards".

Now after recieving trash reply I committed again same withdraw with same amount of money $208 and funds were automatically approved wich is sketchy.

CEX.IO don't give a sh*t to solve customers problem, their customer service is real trash since CEX.IO stealing from their customers wich is proved by MINE and other customer situations with them.

If I lie those people wich explaining their own problems with CEX.IO are not lying, CEX.IO is goddamn SCAM.

What CEX.IO is trying is to SCAM then if someone is reporting CEX.IO then CEX.IO would refund the customer but only the customer wich committed report

Scam situations & reports by customers:
- https://www.reddit.com/r/cexio/comments/7z35m8/is_cexio_scam/
- https://www.reddit.com/r/cexio/comments/7o3rn3/scammed_by_cexio/
- https://www.reddit.com/r/cexio/comments/6v40s3/this_whole_cexio_is_a_scamsituation/
- https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/8nddci/scam_from_cexio/
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2181158.0
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2797855.0
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2756135.0
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2726508.0

What else I can say, CEX.IO is recuriting BOTS and their strategy to create new threads with next names and smilar like that:
- PROOF CEX.IO is legit
- PROOF CEX.IO are not scam
- PROOF CEX.IO refunded me

All this can be seen on the link down below:
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2331480.0

CEX.IO is trying to boost their own reputation, those profiles lies over the internet forums, CEX.IO are creating youtube videos and CEX.IO lie on those videos:
- CEX.IO is great
- CEX.IO is not a fraud
- CEX.IO is legit
- CEX.IO is not scam

Everyone of us who had any experience with CEX.IO know is trash on earth since much people got burned by CEX.IO.

Here you can see history of my funds:
- https://imgur.com/a/ykuE0yz

I even commented on YouTube videos about my payment status and what happend is funny actually.

I've been blocked by those uploaders of videos where I left the comment and warned via PM.

I'm giving you an advice as to my son, NEVER use CEX.IO for anything, CEX.IO are SCAM and only a SCAM, CEX.IO will try to feed you with low fees for CC or no fees at all for bank transfers (SEPA).

And as we know for their scamming, CEX.IO will probably as  sh*t-trash human counter-use your documentations wich you've sent for verifcation proposes for their criminal proposes (Fraud).

God bless you who got scammed like me and we will get them, day by day we are closer to them, at least if we don't FATE and KARMA will do their job for them.

Sincerely Mihajlo R from Serbia wich has been SCAMMED from CEX.IO for $1208 while withdawing funds to linked card.
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 12:38:05 PM

My user id is: up121904032

Day 27.9.2018 I have sent 0.186 BTC to my CEX.IO wallet, since I wanted first to test them ( I was curious do CEX.IO lie since nobody like to get scammed) because I would invest more if CEX.IO were legit.

Next step was exchanging from BTC to USD in trade section, after that I added my Visa card, verified it and ofcourse account state was changed from basic to verified.

Same day 27.9.2018 I committed withdraw of $1000 to my linked Visa ($996 should have arrive and $4 is fee).

Today 30.9.2018 I STILL DIDN'T RECIEVED ANY MONEY wich I did withdraw to my linked card. CEX.IO is NOT RESPONDING on my tickets.

$208 has been left into my CEX.IO balance and I thought I should withdrawn those funds too. After committed withdrawn CEX.IO rejected with no reason at all.

I sent an message to customer service and I recieved trash reply.

All what I get is junk and trash replies like:
- "Thank you for contacting us. I will escalate this matter to the concerned department. The person in charge will get back to you in the nearest possible time for assistance. Your patience on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thank you for understanding. Best regards".

Now after recieving trash reply I committed again same withdraw with same amount of money $208 and funds were automatically approved wich is sketchy.

CEX.IO don't give a sh*t to solve customers problem, their customer service is real trash since CEX.IO stealing from their customers wich is proved by MINE and other customer situations with them.

If I lie those people wich explaining their own problems with CEX.IO are not lying, CEX.IO is goddamn SCAM.

What CEX.IO is trying is to SCAM then if someone is reporting CEX.IO then CEX.IO would refund the customer but only the customer wich committed report

Scam situations & reports by customers:
- https://www.reddit.com/r/cexio/comments/7z35m8/is_cexio_scam/
- https://www.reddit.com/r/cexio/comments/7o3rn3/scammed_by_cexio/
- https://www.reddit.com/r/cexio/comments/6v40s3/this_whole_cexio_is_a_scamsituation/
- https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/8nddci/scam_from_cexio/
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2181158.0
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2797855.0
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2756135.0
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2726508.0

What else I can say, CEX.IO is recuriting BOTS and their strategy to create new threads with next names and smilar like that:
- PROOF CEX.IO is legit
- PROOF CEX.IO are not scam
- PROOF CEX.IO refunded me

All this can be seen on the link down below:
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2331480.0

CEX.IO is trying to boost their own reputation, those profiles lies over the internet forums, CEX.IO are creating youtube videos and CEX.IO lie on those videos:
- CEX.IO is great
- CEX.IO is not a fraud
- CEX.IO is legit
- CEX.IO is not scam

Everyone of us who had any experience with CEX.IO know is trash on earth since much people got burned by CEX.IO.

Here you can see history of my funds:
- https://imgur.com/a/ykuE0yz

I even commented on YouTube videos about my payment status and what happend is funny actually.

I've been blocked by those uploaders of videos where I left the comment and warned via PM.

I'm giving you an advice as to my son, NEVER use CEX.IO for anything, CEX.IO are SCAM and only a SCAM, CEX.IO will try to feed you with low fees for CC or no fees at all for bank transfers (SEPA).

And as we know for their scamming, CEX.IO will probably as  sh*t-trash human counter-use your documentations wich you've sent for verifcation proposes for their criminal proposes (Fraud).

God bless you who got scammed like me and we will get them, day by day we are closer to them, at least if we don't FATE and KARMA will do their job for them.

Sincerely Mihajlo R from Serbia wich has been SCAMMED from CEX.IO for $1208 while withdawing funds to linked card.

Dear boxero,

We are sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with our platform and we will try to help you.

As you have mentioned, your transaction was initiated on the 27.9.2018 and it was successfully processed from our side. You will receive your payment, once it will be handled by a banking system. As you were informed by our customer support, card withdrawal may take up to 3 banking days and we want to highlight that weekends are not considered as a banking day.

Regarding your withdrawal of 208 USD. First attempt was declined but you have successfully withdrawn the rest of your funds on the next day.

We have located your ticket and as we can see, your case was forwarded to another team because your case needed additional attention from another department, and your request was escalated, processed and replied.

We value all of our customers and do our best in order to help them and we would like to emphasize that we are not any kind of scam, we are an official and legit company, based in the UK with all necessary licenses and certificates that can be checked by the following link:

https://cex.io/legal-security

Please be informed that we cannot discuss cases of our other users with third parties, but you can be confident that all mentioned issues were processed accordingly and we never ignored queries from our customers.

We kindly ask you to wait some more time, we are sure that you will receive your transfer soon.

Feel free to contact us in case of questions.

myfranco

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 08:39:36 PM

So what happened so far? Could people withdraw money or still waiting? Either it's a big scale of scam or shitty customer service. I hope the latter is the case.
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 03:02:52 PM

So what happened so far? Could people withdraw money or still waiting? Either it's a big scale of scam or shitty customer service. I hope the latter is the case.

Dear myfranco,

Thank you for your comment.

Please be informed that further updates can be found by the following link:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2174542.msg46326816#msg46326816

Feel free to contact us in case of questions.

cbreum

Activity: 118
Merit: 12

Passionate software developer and crypto guy.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 07:35:19 AM

Cex.io sent the money right on time which was on 15.02.2018, but the Turkish banking system took so much time to deposit the funds in to the bank account. So thank you very much and I do apologize for my posts..

I also have trouble with your service. My wire transfer is not on my account yet. A week has passed and your support is a disaster. Asking about the details. Come on. You know the details but apparently your service is UNPROFESSIONAL and after this I have to stop using your service.

Until now everything has worked fine. Wire transfer from my bank to your bank was done same day or the next. I don't know about having a transfer the other way and from this thread I don't think it will work smoothly.

Are you scamming people cex.io?

Co-founder Echangere: https://echangere.com/
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 03:53:47 PM

I also have trouble with your service. My wire transfer is not on my account yet. A week has passed and your support is a disaster. Asking about the details. Come on. You know the details but apparently your service is UNPROFESSIONAL and after this I have to stop using your service.

Until now everything has worked fine. Wire transfer from my bank to your bank was done same day or the next. I don't know about having a transfer the other way and from this thread I don't think it will work smoothly.

Are you scamming people cex.io?

Dear cbreum,

Thank you for your post.

Please be informed that CEX.IO doesn’t use its own bank accounts and a payment should go through several financial institutions to be processed. Besides, the nature of cryptocurrency is still an unregulated feature within the bank industry and such transactions are subject for additional verifications. Thus, they are not always immediate.

We would like to emphasize that every single deposit and withdrawal was received by our users since the company was founded in 2013.

You can be assured that we are not a scam.

Please be so kind to provide us with your user ID or ticket number. This will allow us to locate your case and provide an assistance or to speed up to process for solving.

AFarag

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 05:18:31 AM

my user id is up112488164. I had a USD withdrawal to my bank account since Nov 2,2020. It has been 3 months now with no money in my bank account. Contacted customer service and they called and tons of emails between me and them. Got replies like , check with your bank, we have to contact our finacial service, we have to contact the intermediate bank, the transfer was stuck at our bank as we needed some information and we gave it to them and finally after all of that nonsense, nothing I received.
1853 USD lost somewhere, I asked for the intermediate bank information so I can contact but they refused to tell me.
I asked for contacting directly with the financial department and they refused as well. I asked for doing an investigation on my expenses but I never got that investigation results for more than 2 months I was told it had been done.
I asked for getting my money back to my cex.io account several times without a reply.
Am asking now, Am I stolen those 1800 usd? I'm thinking about a reporting to UK police and FBI? A friend is a lawyer can raise me a case, he is expecting little fees in comparison with the total amount. Somebody can help.
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3173

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2021, 11:07:03 PM

Got replies like , check with your bank, we have to contact our finacial service, we have to contact the intermediate bank, the transfer was stuck at our bank as we needed some information and we gave it to them and finally after all of that nonsense, nothing I received.

Did you ever check in your bank? what answer did you get there?
I know that there was often a problem with the correspondent bank, and money remains stuck in banking transactions. Is this your first time doing withdraw from CEX on this way?

I asked for getting my money back to my cex.io account several times without a reply.
Am asking now, Am I stolen those 1800 usd? I'm thinking about a reporting to UK police and FBI? A friend is a lawyer can raise me a case, he is expecting little fees in comparison with the total amount. Somebody can help.

If you think you've been cheated, and that's stolen money, contact the lawyer and report this case. It's your money and they are a registered company. Still, I suggest you check all side. If CEX sent money from them, he is now with some intermediate bank or something and they cannot return it arbitrarily.

anyway, you should have opened a new topic for this rather than asking questions in a thread abandoned two years ago.
btw. account CEX is last active today, I guess you will get an answer quickly.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████