Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:04:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you hate the State?  (Read 4190 times)
marcus_of_augustus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 10:27:19 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACoymMYx8E0&feature=related

Murray Rothbard.

just leave this here.

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
indio007

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 10:46:27 AM

Hmmm... Do I hate the legal fiction body politic? No.

I hate the certain people in clown suits that use it to circumvent ....

"We find these truths self-evident, that all men where created equal"

www.injusticeeverywhere.com
Injustice Everywhere
The National Police Misconduct Statistics and Reporting Project

ARE COPS CONSTITUTIONAL?
http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm

Roger Roots JD PHD
Seton Hall Constitutional L.J. 2001, 685

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 02:03:21 PM

Yes. I hate the State. It is the single most powerful and pervasive tool of evil in existence.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 08:08:07 PM

Yes. I hate the State. It is the single most powerful and pervasive tool of evil in existence.

I am sure that you have not yet seen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star_Wars_Holiday_Special

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 10:03:53 PM

hmm..

Well, I tend to be angered by their inefficiency and general stupidity.

The local utility company for the example don't act like good little capitalists. Instead they have some bureaucratic system just because they're monopolists. They don't care about wanting my money because I need them more than they need me.

Enough said. I registered with their power service only to learn that they need me to come to their local office that I lived here.

I am like "WTF? Why do you care about proof that I live here? All you need to know is that if I paid the power bill..or not."

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 10:09:02 PM

I am sure that you have not yet seen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star_Wars_Holiday_Special

Whether you are referring to the Galactic Empire or the fact that the horrible special aired on PBS, you are proving my point.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 11:12:28 PM

Most governments in the world are repressive and evil!
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 12:10:34 AM

"The state" is a bit too vague for me. I'll say simply that I hate democracy and all other forms of collectivism.
Confucius

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 02:37:46 AM

"The state" is a bit too vague for me. I'll say simply that I hate democracy and all other forms of collectivism.

:O

What do you like?
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:43:32 AM

do i hate the state?

that would be all of us.  including myself.

the entity we've created that builds our roads, sees to the cleanliness of our water and the purity of our medicines?  that prevents starvation and poverty in our elders?  that - in most places - attends to our medical needs as a human right?

no.  i don't hate that.

or do you mean the state which sponsors unjust wars?  that lies to us and holds secrets, treating us as though we were children?  that steals our health and retirement, or forces us across unsafe bridges to pay for tax cuts to the wealthy?

no.  i don't hate that either - it makes me want to work harder to get what we have worked for.

i see nothing wrong with the basic idea of a state.  some things are too big for individuals; and privatization of those larger needs is a fallacy:  corporations are about rape - nothing else.  i would just as soon entrust my future and my health to the child molester down the street, as to the average large corporation.

but i'm quite sure YMMV.
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 04:47:35 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2011, 05:01:27 AM by bitcoin2cash

do i hate the state?

that would be all of us.  including myself.

Speak for yourself. I didn't sign anything. I'm not anymore in a relationship with the rest of the world than a rape victim is in a relationship with their rapist.

attends to our medical needs as a human right?

Here's another thing I hate. This general sense of entitlement. You're not entitled to anything but to be left alone. Food, shelter, clothing, medical care, etc are not rights. The world does not owe you a living.
Jaime Frontero

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:59:28 AM

Speak for yourself. I didn't sign anything. I'm not more in a relationship with the rest of the world than a rape victim is in a relationship with their rapist.

we are all a part of the culture we are a part of.  like it or not.

Here's another thing I hate. This general sense of entitlement. You're not entitled to anything but to be left alone. Food, shelter, clothing, medical care, etc are not rights. The world does not owe you a living.

i never said it did.  and yet every reasonably civilized country on earth sees to the medical needs of its population.  it's cost-effective.  people live longer and healthier.  they produce more, and revolt less.  these things make the world a better place - at least as i see it.

i never minded paying my share if i get my share.

the world doesn't owe me - or anybody - a living.  but i have no problem with helping out my brothers and sisters - the better they do the better i do.
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 05:03:49 AM

we are all a part of the culture we are a part of.  like it or not.

Culture does not equal the state.

the world doesn't owe me - or anybody - a living.  but i have no problem with helping out my brothers and sisters - the better they do the better i do.

Good, then you pay for it.
Jaime Frontero

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 05:08:14 AM

Culture does not equal the state.
we disagree.  < shrug >  so it goes.

Good, then you pay for it.

like i said; i don't mind, as long as i get my share.
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 05:18:29 AM

like i said; i don't mind, as long as i get my share.

I promise you a bigger share of your own money.  Vote for me!

Quote from: Jaime Frontero
the entity we've created that builds our roads, sees to the cleanliness of our water and the purity of our medicines?  that prevents starvation and poverty in our elders?  that - in most places - attends to our medical needs as a human right?

And the rainbows!! Dont forget the rainbows, without the state there would not be rainbows.

Its not the people working that produces all that above... No, no way. Its The State! All hail The State!

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
BBanzai

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 05:34:16 AM

We built our own roads before Rome.  We took care of our own elderly.  And our children, our neighbors.  We did all of that without big government, because everyone took care of people immediately around them.  Politicians promise to take care of all these for us AND demand that we murder and steal from people that are not our immediate family, neighbors, nationality.  Don't study the last 10 or 20 years of history, study the last 5000.  And then tell me again how good for the people you think governments are.
Jaime Frontero

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 05:57:42 AM

We built our own roads before Rome.  We took care of our own elderly.  And our children, our neighbors.  We did all of that without big government, because everyone took care of people immediately around them.  Politicians promise to take care of all these for us AND demand that we murder and steal from people that are not our immediate family, neighbors, nationality.  Don't study the last 10 or 20 years of history, study the last 5000.  And then tell me again how good for the people you think governments are.

we never built our own roads.  they have always been a construct of either military necessity or interstate/intercity trading constructed by states/citystates/etc. with the vision to see the advantages of them.  any road worth mentioning has always been built with either taxes or slavery (actual slavery - not some ridiculously-defined 'cultural/political/ideological slavery').

yeah.  sure we took care of our own elderly.  there's only one problem with continuing on that course:  global warming has seen to it that we're running out of ice floes.

snark aside, you have no idea, obviously, how it has gone for the elderly (you know:  those folks who built what we consume?) in the past 5,000 years of world history.  or in the past 80 in the US...
BBanzai

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 06:05:25 AM

Why is there supposed to be something wrong with dying when you get old?  Everything else on the planet does it.  Just because YOU have never built your own road does not mean that WE don't.  Have you ever examined a town map (not a city) and seen how rambling the roads were?  They were formed by use, not by slavery, they were improved if they were useful to many people in the area by the people that found that path useful.  Not by slaves.  If I could make a recommendation that I am entirely certain you will ignore, take a gander at neural networks.  The way every damn one of us comes up with a sense of self and remarkably useful models of the world springs forth from a bottom-up approach, not a command and control model.
BBanzai

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 06:08:06 AM

Incidentally, I build what others consume.  Its a continuing source of personal pride for me to become more effective at that as time brings me steadily towards my inevitable demise and dissolution.  When I die, I hope to fertilize the ground in gratitude.
Jaime Frontero

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 06:16:42 AM

Why is there supposed to be something wrong with dying when you get old?

how old are you?

you will discover that the definition of 'old' changes as you age.  no shit.  wait.  you'll see.

me, i just turned 60.  i feel the same as i felt when i was 30.  good genes though - so i can't take much credit.

but you go ahead and die "when you get old".  (or even before - are you a Who fan?)  i'm sure you won't mind at all, and will consider it to be an insignificant planetary occurrence.  or perhaps an honor for the greater good?

as for roads...  those little pathways in towns aren't roads; those are footpaths.  and the difference is clear.  one builds civilizations.  the other makes you feel safe in the night.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: