Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:56:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Price of transaction  (Read 234 times)
hercules006 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:04:03 AM

Is it possible to low the fee of transaction of btc?
Is there a best time to do the transaction to have a lower fee?
What drives to the price of fee to increase?
I would love to hear, thanks!
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:09:53 AM

You can take a look at the following website to see what the ideal transaction fees are at the time you're sending the transaction;

https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/

Currently 420sat/b are recommended, bitcoin fees don't actually go up, the competition increases, thus meaning only the highest fee transactions are prioritized by the miners, given that only a limited number of transactions fit in the next block.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 11:15:23 AM

Currently 420sat/b are recommended

Be aware that the recommended fee on that site is very high as it is based on a 95% probability of being included in the next block. Look at the bars above to see where transactions disappear from when blocks are found and you'll find a much cheaper fee area to use. (right now you would get confirmed around 120 rather than 420)

Also, have a look at this site:

https://dedi.jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/more/#2h

It gives a graphical representation that can be easier to determine the best fee from.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:21:38 PM

ShapeShift runs a API and you can get a price indication from them but the whole thing when it comes
to fees in Bitcoins looks like witchcraft to me

Fees are now a inverse indication of the price with adjustments for market moods and
being forced to pay $25 just to store 250 bytes of data is a total joke for any digital
currency that had a white paper that said "Virtually free transactions fees"

See https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-transactionfees.html#3m

No way will I be paying on average $30 per transaction and nor will anyone new
to Bitcoin who's do their homework first and Bitcoin has given other alt-coins
a dirty name by doing this.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:34:43 PM

You can take a look at the following website to see what the ideal transaction fees are at the time you're sending the transaction;

Currently 420sat/b are recommended, bitcoin fees don't actually go up, the competition increases, thus meaning only the highest fee transactions are prioritized by the miners, given that only a limited number of transactions fit in the next block.
OP is asking about how the transaction fee can be lower down not about the ideal transaction fee now, you are stating the ideal transaction fee for quick confirmation generally within 30 min, 420 sat/byte is quite high not a low fee.
Increased demand and so the increased transactions per second while the block size is the same, this is the reason why fee is increased. And due to this miners have prioritized the transaction according to the fee.
IanDev

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 03:10:04 PM

You should wait for the introduction of Lightning network if you are worried about high transaction costs.
hercules006 (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:48:31 AM

You should wait for the introduction of Lightning network if you are worried about high transaction costs.

What is that about lightning network, where can I read the full details about that?
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 05:30:28 AM

What is that about lightning network, where can I read the full details about that?

This is a good place to start:
https://cointelegraph.com/explained/lightning-network-explained

There are also a lot of threads on this board where LN has been discussed in detail. Take time to have a look around.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:34:40 AM

Actually i wonder sometimes about price of transaction. There is a standard rules regulations for fees but sometimes it does not maintain its rules. So i think anybody can not tell fixed price of transction. Its under out of control of all.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:26:34 PM

Something that nobody here seems to have mentioned is that if you happen to have your bitcoins at a cryptocurrency exchange such as Binance or Coinbase, it would make the most sense to convert your bitcoins to a different cryptocurrency such as Litecoin or Ethereum before actually sending them over to a different exchange. This way, you can avoid having to spend a lot of money on fees by using blockchains that are not as congested and then you can simply convert everything back to Bitcoins. Of course, this only works when sending money between exchanges that happen to support the same cryptocurrencies, so for Binance and Coinbase, this would only work with Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and Litecoin.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:29:11 PM

This is a good place to start:
https://cointelegraph.com/explained/lightning-network-explained

There are also a lot of threads on this board where LN has been discussed in detail. Take time to have a look around.

A few diagrams on a video gets the design and concept over
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYHFrf5ci_g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpfvhiqFw7A

Both say the hubs charge fees, keep a private balance so I will call them banks myself because that's what they
are in plain english 

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
gold1112

Activity: 196
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:24:50 AM

I will wait for the introduction of Lightning network  Smiley Because high transaction costs.
tech72

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 09:29:04 AM

Bitcoin will have cheapest transaction fees when lighting network is introduced in it (around 10 cents), till then the fees would depend on miners competition and other factors.

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:34:41 PM

Is it possible to low the fee of transaction of btc?
Is there a best time to do the transaction to have a lower fee?
I would love to hear, thanks!
It is possible to lower the fees for your transaction but that is not good, because it could take daus weeks or even months and not get verified, i personally use online wallets for this resaon because the fees are prested so my transaction gets verified, as for the best time to send it i usally find that the fees start to go down over the weekend, but i saw some guy on reddit saying that the best time to send is when the block size is lower than 1Mb. and you can monitor it on tradeblocks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: