Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:22:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre Live  (Read 967 times)
RESPONSIBLE_

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:33:26 PM

Already there is such a project and it does not develop badly enough! Do you have trump cards in your sleeves?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 07:34:16 PM

I'm glad to see the attempt at improving information security risks while creating this app. Information theft truly is a huge issue with dating apps. I think this product has a lot of potential.

That said, what are you planning on doing to market this product?

Well Patrick and Julian are experts in the area of dating (like already mentioned in our Announcement post): "As one of the largest lead providers in the european market, they have launched million dollar campaigns around the globe, targeting various market demographics. Due to their vast experience, they know the ins and outs of their industry and the respective constraints."

Thanks for your prompt response. I must have overlooked that since I originally reviewed more of the technical details.

Your team looks amazing and Patrick and Julian seem like they know their way around marketing and will deliver results. I'm looking forward to seeing the future of this project and will keep following and learning more about it.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:33:26 PM

So is it like MatchPool?

What is the different between it?

They are more like a platform with so called "pools". We're a DApp (decentralied application). You may could implement our product in theirs later on. Thanks to our adivsor Hermione Way (worked for Marchpool and Tinder) we're able to contact Matchpool if needed.

She sounds very useful to have around if she really has good connections to the higher ups. That can be tough to come by. Just getting your platform in front of them could be huge for you guys. Do you think you would ever sell the platform to Tinder?
dalu1

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Performing it is a better way of learning things

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 08:36:47 PM

looks interesting, will keep watch

--- Do you want to trade Crypto Currency with 0% commission?   Join https://masternodexchange.com/   ---
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:30:20 PM

Seems like a very interesting project. Identity theft is indeed a real issue with dating apps, trying to solve this issue will be great for dating app users. I went through the whitepaper a bit and I like the use of smart contracts with going on dates. The planned utility of this token looks promising. Definitely going to keep a close eye on this project and maybe if I make some short term profits invest a bit in the ICO.

Good luck with the crowd sale!
JanyJeand31

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:37:32 PM

Do you use Ethereum blockchain or your own?
monhi

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:47:03 AM

Very cool concept. The whole online dating sphere is ripe for disruption and is a huge industry. Good luck with your project!
deeltje

Activity: 486

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:23:09 AM

What do you think the blockchain can offer that will really improve the current dating scene? How will you use it to provide users with a better experience and will have them coming to Hicky instead of competitors?

1) Blockchain technology as itself provides secure messaging for example - I don't know if you heard about the Ashley Madison Hack back in 2015 - The database of A.M. got hacked and therefore many Accounts were leaked to the public. It destroyed many relationships & marriages. Long story short: The Messages you send belong to you.

2) Considering that we have "DAD" (The Decentralized Autonomous Dating community). It runs on an incentivization model that works within the new paradigm of a decentralized token economy. Positive behavior is economically incentivised while community building is encouraged through the stakeholder (decentralized) governance model. The Hicky token, like money in the real world, forms the backbone of this network. It must be emphasized that DAD is democratic and socially driven entity.
I suggest to read Page 12-15 in our Whitepaper (https://www.hicky.io/assets/pdf/Hicky_Whitepaper.pdf) where this is covered specifically.

Thank you for your helpful explanation. I have always wondered how to prevent things like the Ashley Madison hack with apps like this. I'm glad to see that Hickey is concerned with the security and privacy of each user.  I will do further research in the whitepaper to gain a better idea of those details.

Is there a Github link available? I'm excited to keep up with development!
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:48:46 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 06:15:40 AM by Crypto_Man1212

Will there be a referral program for the Hicky dating app? I know some apps give benefits to users who refer friends. I think this could be a really neat incentive to pass the word on about Hicky which could make the project an even bigger success.
bananafana

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:10:25 AM

How is the progress of the Hicky pre-sale? I know there is only a couple of days left. Then the main sale starts. What is the benefit of buying in now rather than waiting until the main sale on the 14th?
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:26:44 AM

I know this is a common security question regarding many dating apps so I will ask you about it. With Hicky, will there be a centralized database that stores user conversations?

Great question. The answer is: No! - It will be decentralized. Your conversation will belong to you!

Nice! I am very excited to see a dating app doing this. It's hard to trust dating sites now because of all the leaks. This will go a long way in preventing them. Good job for that.

What would you say your most unique feature is compared to other dating apps?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 05:50:37 PM

Fake accounts in dating apps have always been an issue I've encountered. Does Hicky have a solution for that issue? If so, what is it and how does it work?

Dofus

Activity: 399

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:49:37 AM

How is the progress of the Hicky pre-sale? I know there is only a couple of days left. Then the main sale starts. What is the benefit of buying in now rather than waiting until the main sale on the 14th?

Pre-Sale ends tomorrow (February, 14th 2018 11:00:00 UTC). Main Sale starts right after.
If you buy in the Pre Sale you'll get at least 5% up to 30% (depends on how much you invest).

I hope that answers your question Smiley

It looks like I'm getting in and hearing about this just in time Cheesy I'm lucky I saw this.
earthcoin

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 01:54:10 AM

Fake accounts in dating apps have always been an issue I've encountered. Does Hicky have a solution for that issue? If so, what is it and how does it work?

We're using Face- and Voice-Verification to prevent this. We published an article about this topic and how we are solving it some days ago.
You can find it here: https://medium.com/hickynews/fake-profiles-in-online-dating-platforms-and-hickys-solution-9dd73c2b681a

Awesome idea. Very unique. It is good to see that you guys are thinking ahead and truly trying to change the dating app scene. I appreciate the article too. What is the best way to keep up with your articles for future reference?

celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:25:11 AM

I know this is a common security question regarding many dating apps so I will ask you about it. With Hicky, will there be a centralized database that stores user conversations?

Great question. The answer is: No! - It will be decentralized. Your conversation will belong to you!

Nice! I am very excited to see a dating app doing this. It's hard to trust dating sites now because of all the leaks. This will go a long way in preventing them. Good job for that.

What would you say your most unique feature is compared to other dating apps?

Our Economic Behavior Paradigm:
The Decentralized Autonomous Dating community runs on an incentivization model that works within the new paradigm of a decentralized token economy. Positive behavior is economically incentivised while community building is encouraged through the stakeholder (decentralized) governance model. The Hicky token, like money in the real world, forms the backbone of this network. It must be emphasized that DAD (Decentralised Autonomous Dating Network) is democratic and socially driven entity.

I suggest reading the full part about our Decentralised Autonomous Dating Network (DAD) in our Whitepaper (you'll love it): https://hicky.io/assets/pdf/Hicky_Whitepaper.pdf (pages 12-17)

I am in agreement and also think this is the most unique feature I've learned about Hicky so far. I think it's going to go a long way in the community and it's what dating really needs. I think the token was a good idea to help implement this system. This is a very interesting project and I commend you guys on coming up with something like this.

Are you planning to use smart contracts?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
GoBelle

Activity: 512

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:05:41 AM

How confident are you that you can follow the roadmap listed? Do you foresee any potential delays?
joblessminer

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:33:52 AM

It looks like you guys have a great team. I'm glad you are open about the team as well. May I ask how many people work on this project full or part time?
bangtansoyeondan

Activity: 167
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:15:26 PM

There are crazier things i can assure you. Like the crypto called gifto. Now that seems pointless and they are positioned to take a HUGE market share
deeltje

Activity: 486

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:17:00 PM

What do you think the blockchain can offer that will really improve the current dating scene? How will you use it to provide users with a better experience and will have them coming to Hicky instead of competitors?

1) Blockchain technology as itself provides secure messaging for example - I don't know if you heard about the Ashley Madison Hack back in 2015 - The database of A.M. got hacked and therefore many Accounts were leaked to the public. It destroyed many relationships & marriages. Long story short: The Messages you send belong to you.

2) Considering that we have "DAD" (The Decentralized Autonomous Dating community). It runs on an incentivization model that works within the new paradigm of a decentralized token economy. Positive behavior is economically incentivised while community building is encouraged through the stakeholder (decentralized) governance model. The Hicky token, like money in the real world, forms the backbone of this network. It must be emphasized that DAD is democratic and socially driven entity.
I suggest to read Page 12-15 in our Whitepaper (https://www.hicky.io/assets/pdf/Hicky_Whitepaper.pdf) where this is covered specifically.

Thank you for your helpful explanation. I have always wondered how to prevent things like the Ashley Madison hack with apps like this. I'm glad to see that Hickey is concerned with the security and privacy of each user.  I will do further research in the whitepaper to gain a better idea of those details.

Is there a Github link available? I'm excited to keep up with development!

Hey Smiley - You can find our GitHub here: https://github.com/HickyToken/hickycontracts

Awesome! Thanks. I'm looking forward to keeping up with development.

Where will future customers buy new tokens after the ICO ends?
bananafana

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:23:17 PM

Pre-Sale ends tomorrow (February, 14th 2018 11:00:00 UTC). Main Sale starts right after.
If you buy in the Pre Sale you'll get at least 5% up to 30% (depends on how much you invest).

I hope that answers your question Smiley

Awesome, thanks for the info! I'm glad I got in early. Was the pre-sale successful?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: