Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:54:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mining rig frame  (Read 156 times)
goldap (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 09:14:04 PM

Grin hello all
i have purchased everything for my mining rig and all thats left is the frame.
i`ve checked how to make one but im not very good when it comes to DIY, i was wondering what is the best way to make a frame out of something else? instead of from scratch.
i saw some ppl transformed wooden tables flipped upside down and just added one or two more wooden sticks in.

i could always buy one prebuilt, but i`ve sunk all my funds into my hardware already! im broke right now and i really dont want to waste 1 month waiting for my next payday Sad

any tips or advice would be much appreciated, and i hope this is in the right forum section

A Proud MinerMore Miner

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 09:32:21 PM

Grin hello all
i`ve checked how to make one but im not very good when it comes to DIY, i was wondering what is the best way to make a frame out of something else? instead of from scratch.
i saw some ppl transformed wooden tables flipped upside down and just added one or two more wooden sticks in.

i could always buy one prebuilt, but i`ve sunk all my funds into my hardware already! im broke right now and i really dont want to waste 1 month waiting for my next payday Sad

any tips or advice would be much appreciated, and i hope this is in the right forum section

"Back in the day", some people would use milk crates, or other similar shaped containers with openings around the outsides. You can pretty much
use anything that you can stabilize the GPU's to. I'd go to the nearest "lumber yard" and grab some 1"x2" stock. Find a frame blueprint on google
and slap it together with some cheap screws. It really isn't a lot of work, and it's about $20usd in cost.

Move this over to the ALT mining section and get some quick answers. There is an option to move it in the bottom left corner of YOUR post.

Goodluck!!!

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
goldap (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 10:32:05 PM

Grin hello all

"Back in the day", some people would use milk crates, or other similar shaped containers with openings around the outsides. You can pretty much
use anything that you can stabilize the GPU's to. I'd go to the nearest "lumber yard" and grab some 1"x2" stock. Find a frame blueprint on google
and slap it together with some cheap screws. It really isn't a lot of work, and it's about $20usd in cost.

Move this over to the ALT mining section and get some quick answers. There is an option to move it in the bottom left corner of YOUR post.

Goodluck!!!

thanks i`ve just moved it, i thought about a milk crate but got paranoid it would overheat and melt the plastic XD
i could be wrong but wood or metal would make me feel much better

found this one guy bought a TROLLEY RACK and transformed it into a mining frame, wow so clever maybe i could do the same

thanks i`ve just moved it, i thought about a milk crate but got paranoid it would overheat and melt the plastic XD
what do you all think?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFzhD82rTb8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO4Nn_CIkos

seems i need some zip ties, but what else would i need? how would i stop the PSU from spinning out of control and falling over, same with the mobo cpu fan

A Proud MinerMore Miner
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:09:15 PM

There are a bunch of threads on this already that will offer far better advice, but I've used a milk crate, an old 4U server chassis, and a couple of metal shelving units (using copper piping to support the cards).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: